• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Time to make your 2013 Redskins prediction public and final

I'll stick with 10-6 for no other reason than decades of predicting 10-6 every season.

Team health, tougher competition, lacking some talent and experience in areas are always a factor but same goes for most every other team in the league.

Our team health, if it stays, should help level out games with the tougher teams, young guys should get better and may actually surprise, lack of talent might be easier to 'hide' with improved tweaks to scheme.

I suspect that 'tape on our system' will shed some light on how to defend our offense. Why folks don't think that our offense will continue to evolve and stay ahead of the curve, I don't know.

I've long felt that 'on any given Sunday' is a valid concept, that's why the games are played but our locker room and staff looks like a double digit team to me.... and we finally do have a QB.... something I've not seen over those decades... might have to change my prediction next year.:)

We are 9-1 when Mr Garcon is in the starting line-up. On that basis alone, assuming he is uninjured this season, I predict 14-2!!!!

We're a better team this season, if for no other reason than getting some starters back from injury and having another year in the same offensive and defensive systems. We've added talent elsewhere as well. Our schedule appears tougher this year, but its hard to know if that'll prove to be the case or not. 'Film' on us isn't going to make much difference...you tell me what the game plan is that can effectively stop a threat of both a run or pass on every down? And I think Griffin is going to play like a man possessed as he's out to prove all the naysayers wrong.

11-5, repeat division champs.

If Griffin can stay healthy, there is no reason we don't go 12-4, 13-3 and easily win the division. If Griffin misses any significant amount of time, say 3 or more games, I'll drop that down to 10-6 at the worst. Kyle has had a whole offseason to prepare and add new wrinkles to this offense for both Robert AND Kirk, so defenses will once again be caught on their heels for some big plays.

I think the defense has been shored up enough to play in the 10-15 range in terms of yards & scoring, which should be good enough for 13-3 with our offensive production. Its time to be positive, Redskins fans - the dark ages are behind us, and we are on to the age of enlightenment. :)

Seattle is a common favorite among the talking heads to compete for the Super Bowl. Most of those same heads have us not making the playoffs.

Am I crazy to think we are just as good as Seattle with a healthy Griffin?

No, no I'm not.

Seattle is a common favorite among the talking heads to compete for the Super Bowl. Most of those same heads have us not making the playoffs.

Am I crazy to think we are just as good as Seattle with a healthy Griffin?

No, no I'm not.

Ummm, no you're not. The crazy people are the ones who think the SEA D somehow "caught up" with our offense after we steamrolled them for two scores before our QB got injured; supposedly, the urban legend goes, their D figured us out and then they beat us. Uh huh.

I've said it before, it Griff stays healthy, we win that game going away. It wouldn't have been close.

Yep, if Griffin stays healthy, we win that game 45-14 or so.

Yep, if Griffin stays healthy, we win that game 45-14 or so.

...furthermore, if Shanahan puts Captain Kirk in at a more appropriate time (say mid-way through the 3rd) so the SEA D can't just blitz the **** out of him on every down, I think we win that game. Might not be a blow out, but we still win it, imo.

I've said it before, it Griff stays healthy, we win that game going away. It wouldn't have been close.

AND (that's a big and) Griffin wasn't healthy from the start. He'd been gimpy since Baltimore. We were kicking their butt with an injured RG3. If he were full strength?

Forget about it.

I'm thinking 11-5. We do have some key holes but the NFL is a QB driven league and we've got one of the best being coached by some of the best coaching minds in the game. I have confidence Shanny and Co. can scheme around our weaknesses and build in some wrinkles to exploit defensive coords. that decide they're going to stop the read option. Ultimately I don't think that's enough to get us to a SB but you never know. We'll contend this year but once we get the boatload of cap space back next season that we've been schtupped out of, we're gonna do something special. Speaking of which, I hope that by hitting us with the cap penalty the NFL unwittingly did us a favor by showing Danny Boy that throwing a bunch of money around at random FA's isn't the way to win in the NFL.

wife says 14-2

she also drafted giffin in fantasy football way early

she's more of a homer than i am!

11-5, division champs, and at least one playoff win.

I usually pick 7-9 to 9-7 every year, including last year I think.

I would still say even without RG3 we'd be 8-8 or better this year.

Losing Danny Green adds about a win, lol.

If RG3 is without injury all year and the rest of the team mostly holds up we could see 12-4 and playoff wins or better.

If Cousins starts 1/2 the season that could drop to 10.

If Rex has to play 1/2 the season we could see 2011 all over again.

11-5, If Griffin stays healthy all the way to the Superbowl. I expect Griffin to evolve a bit starting Monday Night. He will always be a running threat but he will rely on his arm more. I am hoping the Defense improves somewhat and becomes a middle of the road squad.

Our defense will be mid tier, at worst.

I believe our linebackers will carry us into the top 10.

And, if safety play is solid, and dependable?

We can scratch top 5.

11-5, sweeping the Division en route.

Double-digit win Monday night to start the season.

Nick

Skins 9 - 7
Cows 8 - 8
Giants 7 - 9
Iggles 6 - 10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.