• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Think I'm gonna be sick (Redskins Drafting Misses)

I'd like to see us address the Dline and get one solid LB. But if we can't this off season,, so be it. We have Rak and Landry around whom to build, their talent alone might be enough to win us a couple of games.

I'm in agreement with you, the offense is on life support and needs way too much help to ignore.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I think we pretty much have to go all in on O and get it to at least a decent level, but yeah if we dont add a lot of new blood on D then this 3-4 will fail again. I cant see Shanny eating crow so i think we will add new blood on d to the detriment of the O.

So, how do you guys feel about Malcolm Kelly next year? He has had a full year to recover so hopefully, health will not be the issue. Last year when I was photographing Training Camp, I couldn't help notice how he was unable to run simple routes. I am hoping it was because of his injuries. I am hoping he comes back and finally begins to contribute. I hope Cerrato was right about him!

I just don't think my hopes will come to fruition.

I do not have high expectations for Kelly. I hope he is a pleasant surprise next year, but I doubt he will be. He will probably get injured during training camp and be cut.....that is my prediction.

Also, with all of his injuries, I would be surprised if he could run a route properly. We will see how much patience Shanny has with him.

kelly is a guy who has degenerating knees, when healthy he can be a force and would be a huge upgrade , but when his knees are bad he is marginal at best, I think sadly that omni is right. I had hoped for a few years out of him before they fell apart.

Vast improvement can be accomplished on both sides of the ball, if we upgrade the lines. Simple as that. A good Oline improves every facet of the offense. We all know that.

Apparently, the 3-4 requires a stud NT. And, as much as I've griped about the 3-4, the time to switch back was the buy week. At this point, I'd be pissed if we switched back now.

So, by draft, trade, or free agency, we need a stud NT. Not just a "good" one.
And the interior of the Oline needs an upgrade. Center first, then RG.

Do that, and everything else gets a little better. Maybe a lot better.

El, when you say he wasn't running the routes, do you mean correctly, or that he was limping around? As for expectations, I have none for him. If they ditch the bring-in-a-bunch-of-80-years-old-WR routine and try to inject some youth, I think there is a chance he could make it, on the off chance he stays healthy. He is going to have to fight his guts out to show he in hungry and wants to succeed, hell he might have to play through pain sometimes.

I don't expect much.

El, when you say he wasn't running the routes, do you mean correctly, or that he was limping around? As for expectations, I have none for him. If they ditch the bring-in-a-bunch-of-80-years-old-WR routine and try to inject some youth, I think there is a chance he could make it, on the off chance he stays healthy. He is going to have to fight his guts out to show he in hungry and wants to succeed, hell he might have to play through pain sometimes.

I don't expect much.

The other receivers looked crisp, sharp in their route running. Kelly looked almost lethargic. He would run into the defender instead of around him, his cuts were slow and he seemed out of place in his routes at times.

Look I have to admit, this was only one day of practice. He may have had a bad night sleep, his knees might have been hurting, blah blah blah. But the reality of how he looked compared to other receivers was less than impressive. I have heard so much about his "potential". I would like to see what the season off has done for this kid because I would hate to see him go to Denver and have a Pro-Bowl season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.