• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Work Thread

I know no one cares about this but me, but I can't post this on FB because of work friends, and I need an outlet. So congrats, you all are it! :)

Found out this morning that since corporate took the position away 6 months ago, the VP of training now has to justify the expense of bringing it back for the new fiscal year. She is in the process of doing that now, through submitting her budgets for the new year.

Em has her interview two weeks from today, and if that goes well and she gets the job, I will remove my name from the list of consideration I think. My manager called yesterday and told me he is trying to get me some more territory, but won't know anything for a couple of weeks. So essentially, in +/- 2 weeks, my wife might finally have a teaching job AND I might get more territory which = more money, OR we might be that much more committed to moving to MN.

So no pressure on her during the interview...

that sounds like a really fun and rewarding job. do you normally get such work or is this an exception?

We tend to to a lot of accessory installs, and some fairly high priced, but this bike is way above and beyond. I'm often installing parts not meant to be on that bike. I'm re-doing his exhaust system as part of this round of mods, which was made to go on a race model they haven't made in 10 years, so getting everything to fit, and work properly is a challenge. He's one of three or four customers I get to do this type of work for.

I know no one cares about this but me, but I can't post this on FB because of work friends, and I need an outlet. So congrats, you all are it! :)

It's the wait that kills ya G. I'd find an aversion t keep your mind off it.

You know how you know when you have a good boss?
When he asks you if it's ok for him to leave early.

Be thankful for Friday fellas... today is my Wednesday. :(

Yeah, I have a long day at work tomorrow too Kevin...but I had a good conversation with my boss today about compensation for gas and he is more than willing to increase my gas allowance. I really do work for a good man...not just a good boss, but a good man. The man really shows compassion. Probably a reason he is becoming one of the largest realtors in the country.

I hate people that blatantly don't read emails. If you can't perform the basic function of reading an email then I'm not bothering to reply to you anymore. I'm just forwarding the original email until you figure it out.

****ing idiots.

I hate people that blatantly don't read emails. If you can't perform the basic function of reading an email then I'm not bothering to reply to you anymore. I'm just forwarding the original email until you figure it out.

****ing idiots.

Agreed. ITs like, why even have an email account?

I don't know but I'm going to have a mental break down at work one day and just rip into someone. They'll probably cry. I'll probably lose my job.

It'll likely be over not reading an email.

Yes, it makes me that mad. It's a respect thing. It's like not paying attention in a meeting and then asking a question at the end that indicates you didn't listen to a god damn thing that was said in the meeting.

Quick question t-...are they older co-workers who don't use the email? There is definitely a generation gap with the use of email.

Take for instance my boss... He is old school and rarely gets much personal stuff done via email. If it is a lengthy email he will simply direct you to call him.

I think my generation is right on that generational line. I have learned the invaluable resource of email. I track everything I do through it. It makes my life so much easier. There are just some who don't get it. I find it is almost always someone older who doesn't get it.

Quick question t-...are they older co-workers who don't use the email? There is definitely a generation gap with the use of email.

Take for instance my boss... He is old school and rarely gets much personal stuff done via email. If it is a lengthy email he will simply direct you to call him.

I think my generation is right on that generational line. I have learned the invaluable resource of email. I track everything I do through it. It makes my life so much easier. There are just some who don't get it. I find it is almost always someone older who doesn't get it.

Some are, some aren't, it doesn't appear to be an age thing. In fact, it doesn't appear to be a technologically capable issue either. It literally appears to be a lack of respect/laziness/stupidity thing, and I say that based on other observations of the same people.

I have no problem what so ever if a person has a preference against email and would rather discuss things in person. I think, for many people, that's easier and I'm all about doing things the easy way.

But these people are just being lazy and not reading what is there for them and it's so utterly disrespectful it's almost worth making a scene over it in my opinion.

Almost...

****ing idiots.

I coundlt agree more. Its one of my top 2 Pet Peeves at work. The other is simply people who do not do what they say they will do.

Example...on my first day of vacation last week, I was called and given an "emergency" assignment that needed action that day. I worked the whole day and finished it. When I notified my boss and said I was going to send out the request (it was basically asking for data from multiple countries) he said to just type an email out and he would copy/paste it into his so it looked like he was sending the message.

He never sent it and then told everyone that I was asking for the work to be done now rather than a week ago giving them only 24 hrs to complete the major task.

ugggh

Yeah, that would be my other pet peeve as well - just general lying, which falls into what you're saying.

I deal with it a lot because people are afraid to admit to mistakes - they think they're going to get fired or something (as if I had that power...) So they just go 'i donno, i didn't touch anything' when stuff breaks. I've gotten to the point that when people tell me obvious lies i just stare at them until they figure out something else to say, with this "you must think i'm stupid" face.

edit: I should say none of my complaints are about actual coworkers, the people at my company are too intelligent (for the most part) and tech savvy to do this stuff.

I've gotten to the point that when people tell me obvious lies i just stare at them until they figure out something else to say, with this "you must think i'm stupid" face.

How about the "my keyboard just stopped working!!" you pick it up and soda drains out. They have NO idea how that could have happened.

How about the "my keyboard just stopped working!!" you pick it up and soda drains out. They have NO idea how that could have happened.

I've run into some classics. This one isn't mine, but someone I work with had to deal with this, it was a setup where the computer is on it's side with the monitor on top of it, and the keyboard/mouse in front of it:

Someone called and said their keyboard stopped working after their cup holder broke and spilled their coffee all over their keyboard. Pretty much everyone in the area was like 'wtf cup holder?' so he went to check it out.

and there it was, the CD rom tray broken and laying the desk...
derp derp, that's not a cup holder!
(at least she was honest about what happened though)

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

the 4:45 pm 'i got a virus' email

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i can't wait until we grow to a size where we have a dedicated helpdesk person (not me) or i get a new job where they have their own helpdesk staff.

cleaning viruses is just a complete waste of my time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.