• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The WFT remains lowest in Covid Vaccinations rates for its players

My time working at the hospital I’ve seen all types of scenarios. I’ve seen 95 year olds that had it and beat it. Seen 20 somethings needed intubation for weeks and seen ALL ages test positive and have zero symptoms. Hell one vaccinated security guard apparently tested positive 3 friggin times.

I’ve also seen numerous healthy teenagers pass out right after getting the vaccine, like lose consciousness and need an ambulance called. The hospital used to email out the covid patient #’s every week just for FYI purposes. Around March-ish the #’s of hospitalized patients decreased so much that the hospital quit sending the stats out. Didn’t jive with the initial purpose and all which is fear imo.

If your job mandates it or you have a compromised immune system I get it if you want the shot. But, in a “pandemic” that the human body kicks RONA’s ass 99.6% of the time why in the world would you want the shot that doesn’t prevent ANYTHING?

Or they called flu covid because they tested for it and it was there.

Do you know George Floyd can be called a covid death because he tested positive when he died?

But, you can't convince a country to stay home, comply, and do what you're told from the flu. We know it doesn't kill people enough to fear it. But, they can at the moment because people are still thinking that the government loves them and is looking out for their best interest.

COVID numbers across all hospitals dropped from late spring to mid-summer - because huge numbers of folks were getting vaccinated and because masking and social distancing were very effective! Good lord - isn’t that obvious?

Im trying to be respectful, but I guarantee you whatever your hospital employer was, I’m guessing they would differ sharply from your assessment. I cannot believe the minimization of the worst health crisis the US has seen since the HIV breakout (and prior to that polio).

It really makes me angry guys, having seen the mortality associated with COVID where I work alone.

I do respect you guys and understand folks have strong feelings on this topic and that it bleeds into a lot of other areas of personal belief. I really do.

Last edited:
Let’s get back to the topic of this thread which is not ‘my personal beliefs on the COVID crisis’. If it’s not about the NFL COVID policy, find somewhere else to talk about it please (and I will follow that same advice)

I think the Skins are being punished by the NFL for our low numbers and they are doing this to key players on purpose

There's no question that the NFL has landed heavily on the side of 'we want all players vaccinated'. I get the feeling many players are 'dug in' which is their right. I suspect the push back they are getting from many players is greater than they anticipated it would be. I am seeing the same thing in our state where hospitals have 'mandated' vaccination. Many healthcare workers here are freaking the **** out. I don't get it. But I see it happening. I'm not sure where it is all going.

I'm not going to argue against the effectiveness of the vaccine. I believe it does help for some and others it doesn't make a difference. Some have adverse reactions to vaccines and some are just skeptical in general. Viruses mutate and vaccines have to be tweaked, etc. I get all of that. But some of the things being said don't make sense and the policies of the NFL don't make sense either.

Take for example the news from the Vikings. 3 of their QBs are on the COVID list, Cousins, Mond, and Nate Stanley. It turns out the Mond is the one who tested positive. He was vaccinated and is asymptomatic. Cousins has to quarantine for 5 days because he is not vaccinated. That's not confirmed he isn't vaccinated but apparently vaccinated players don't quarantine if they are in close contact. I'm guessing Nate Stanley is in the same boat as Cousins since he is being held out. Another QB is vaccinated and was available to practice. My issue with this is that we keep being told that Cousins and Stanley are the risk to Mond and the other vaccinated players. But that's not the case at all. Mond could have caught the virus from an unvaccinated person not on the team, but the vaccinated person is who brought it to the team. Whether or not Cousins or Stanley or anyone else gets the virus remains to be seen.

So if this was a regular season game, would they make the Vikings forfeit even though it was Mond who tested positive? He is vaccinated and is the one with the virus at this point.

I think ultimately Mike (and others in this thread) may be right, that the idea of effectively punishing teams for players testing positive may turn out to be a bad way to try and encourage vaccination. It all gets pretty tricky and convoluted as Kel has well articulated.

I don't have any answers. It's a tricky situation. The NFL is trying to ensure a season, protect players and fans, avoid mass liability, and keep owners, coaches, and players happy. Good luck with that :)

Last edited:
Let’s get back to the topic of this thread which is not ‘my personal beliefs on the COVID crisis’. If it’s not about the NFL COVID policy, find somewhere else to talk about it please (and I will follow that same advice)

504ADD79-92B5-4325-9EB2-AD84C2F912B7.jpeg

I also you make a great "other side" of the voice. You're in the field, you see it, you know what we don't.

None of us are wrong, none are 100% right. This is all pretty much our thoughts. And, I respect them all.

Except Derek's. F that dude!!!!

Yeah F Derek, he steals my breaking news all the time!

Boone coming in hot!!

Hot like yo mama!!

I also you make a great "other side" of the voice. You're in the field, you see it, you know what we don't.

None of us are wrong, none are 100% right. This is all pretty much our thoughts. And, I respect them all.

Except Derek's. F that dude!!!!

Let's be honest... these discussions are a microcosm of what is being argued all over the US (and probably all over the world). I like to think that at least here, we can realize that there is no 'one truth' and that the best thing we can do is listen to each other and try to show respect for all view points. I did not say that I am personally the poster child for that at all times, but I do believe in that. And I think if it can happen anywhere, it can happen here :)

The NFL has already said it will not reschedule games due to Covid outbreaks. No lawyer or NFLPA’s appeal would matter. The NFL had a year to think about this. They since have made this rule and will not back down. If the NFLPA would like to appeal player fines, they certainly can do that. They have more time to present their cases to argue those.

The way Delta is rampaging through the country now the NFL wants zero pushback. They have larger concerns. Possibly no fans at games again. Or even a cancelled season. They will not put up with outbreaks from teams. Once they issue a forfeit do you really think they will undo it? Seriously.

It said it will not reschedule outbreaks caused by unvaccinated players... not outbreaks in general

Time for some of the WFT to play Ironman then. Tim Settle as OG, McLaurin as CB and such

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.