• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The TV Show suggestion thread

Its funny, I have the entire first season of the shield on dvd here and I have never watched it. Now I just might!

That's one of my favorites of all time. When I had surgery last year, the first 3 seasons was what got me through the bed rest.

that and my company, big boy ;)

Yeah, for those of you who don't know. I was laid up in bed for 4 days while getting over the post-op and Mike was there the whole time to get me soup...

Now back to more good TV. Say what you will about Charlie Sheen, but 2 and a Half Men is nothing without him! Indifferent toward Ashton Kutcher, but he is not the talent Sheen was on that show!

Just watched An Idiot Abroad for the first time the other night, and its comedic gold. You have to be into British-style, deadpan humor, but its hilarious if you are. Its on the Sci-Fi network on Sunday or Monday nights. I watched a previous season, but this season the "Idiot" travels with Warwick Davis (the little person in many, many movies, but probably most famous for Willow).

Just watched An Idiot Abroad for the first time the other night, and its comedic gold. You have to be into British-style, deadpan humor, but its hilarious if you are. Its on the Sci-Fi network on Sunday or Monday nights. I watched a previous season, but this season the "Idiot" travels with Warwick Davis (the little person in many, many movies, but probably most famous for Willow).

My wife loves it. Karl Pinkington is an idiot for sure, but Ricky Gervais is kind of a dick.

Regardless, I would give anything to be able to travel as Pilkington did. The places he got to see...

My wife loves it. Karl Pinkington is an idiot for sure, but Ricky Gervais is kind of a dick.

Regardless, I would give anything to be able to travel as Pilkington did. The places he got to see...

Oh yeah, Gervais is a total dick. But if you look at the big picture, Pilkington got to travel the world and do things most of us can only dream about. :)

Oh yeah, Gervais is a total dick. But if you look at the big picture, Pilkington got to travel the world and do things most of us can only dream about. :)

Totally agree. Have you seen the episode when Karl was in China? I think that was one of my favorites...

OMG, just watched the first episode of an idiot abroad and I laughed so hard I almost pissed myself! Question: is he really an idiot or is it more of an act?

LOL, no doubt!

From Wiki:
Despite the stated focus of visiting the wonders, most of each episode focuses on Pilkington’s reactions to cultural differences and idiosyncrasies in the countries he visits. To make things more interesting, Gervais and Merchant unexpectedly call Pilkington during each trip, to assign him tasks often not related to why he believed he was visiting the country in the first place. These include training as a luchador, traveling the desert on a camel, and dancing with a samba school in a Carnival parade. It was confirmed by the show's producers that Pilkington has no prior warning about these situations. The camera man coaxes him along.[5] Gervais commented: "This is a [more real] documentary than most others you'll ever see on television. We don't plan it, he doesn't know what's going to happen."

So, at the very least, we're seeing genuine reactions to these events.

Totally agree. Have you seen the episode when Karl was in China? I think that was one of my favorites...

I've only seen the one episode where he's on the Trans-Siberian Railway. We laughed for 5 minutes straight when he put on the wrestling garb. LOL.

Thats the one I watched last night. I almost pissed myself when he was saing the Great wall of china was just the "alright wall of China" LOL. That and the fire massage made my evening!

I love Shark Tank and Joe Schmo to a lesser extent. The original Joe Schmo was one of the greatest shows ever made.

Bar Rescue and Hotel Impossible are two others that I make sure to record.

We ran into an obscure show on Boxee that we have enjoyed through the first few episodes. It's called Touch, with Kiefer Sutherland.

anyone ever see this one?

Lillyhammer on Netflix, try it you'll like it.

Lillyhammer on Netflix, try it you'll like it.

Have you seen the Netflix-created show, House of Cards? I've been meaning to check it out, but haven't yet. I heard its really good though.

Have you seen the Netflix-created show, House of Cards? I've been meaning to check it out, but haven't yet. I heard its really good though.

Nope first I've heard of it. But will check it out.

If you guys haven't seen it yet make sure to check out "American Horror Story" next fall. It's on FX and one cool part about it is they use the exact same actors every season, only they're totally different characters.

Not sure if anyone else is watching it, but The Following is really good. Very bloody and creepy too, great action/thriller show! And Kevin Bacon has got to be a top 5 actor of our generation - the dude has played every role there is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.