• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The TV Show suggestion thread

Deadwood was awesome! The creator left that series and went out to do another series for HBO...not sure if there is any correlation, but the other show was the worst HBO series ever created! I think it was a case of a successful Hollywood bi wig doing something he thought we should all like, and HBO giving him carte blanche with it because of his previous success.

John From Cincinnati was the name of the other series and it was ****ing terrible!

Dowtown Abbey!

Guys, if you're not watching this with your wives, you're missin' out! :eek:ls:

Dowtown Abbey!

The gf watches it, and judging by her reaction (and pretty much all of Facebook), the last episode pissed everyone off. Not sure if they'll keep watching!

Dowtown Abbey!

The intentional dropping of the w from the title would keep me from ever watching. I have a weird OCD about things like that, almost to the point I would have to draw a w on the screen :laugh:

Dowtown Abbey!

Umm...there's a reason real men (Goal doesn't count) don't watch it...

I don't watch it. Heard it's good, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

And I watch Justified. That by itself makes me a real man.

Bite your tongue! I love that show. Haven't seen AHS, though I've heard good things about that one too.

Well I guess things are less obvious to me these days as I get older....

My two favorite shows right now... The Following and Justified (mid way through season 3)

Why these two?

NatalieZea.jpg

Oh.... now it all makes sense.

Deadwood was awesome! The creator left that series and went out to do another series for HBO...not sure if there is any correlation, but the other show was the worst HBO series ever created! I think it was a case of a successful Hollywood bi wig doing something he thought we should all like, and HBO giving him carte blanche with it because of his previous success.

John From Cincinnati was the name of the other series and it was ****ing terrible!

Hmm, can't say i've heard of "John from Cincy", may be a good thing. It's odd because HBO seems to just churn out fantastic series all the time.

Speaking of HBO, if you guys have never seen it check out "Rome". It aired from 05-07 and was a great series, even tho it was only 2 seasons.

Good call on Rome. I really loved a Showtime series called Brotherhood - think it only lasted 1 season, but had some great characters.

I like Justified..but does it seem like to you that it starts off awesome and then by the end of the series it just kind of fizzles? I get the same thing with american horror story.
I get the same thing with Justified, but AHS? No way. The second season was infinitely better than the first, and the story didn't tail off at all. In retrospect though, the first season made a steep decline all season long.

Good call on Rome. I really loved a Showtime series called Brotherhood - think it only lasted 1 season, but had some great characters.

Missed Brotherhood, have to look into that one. Some of my other showtime fav's have been mentioned earlier but pretty much addicted to Dexter, Shameless and Homeland. Though i believe Homeland is over now.

History channel has a show called Vikings coming on 3.3.13. Looks cool to me.

Also, they're doing a show on the Bible, too.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Even better than that... GoT 3:31:13

Even better than that... GoT 3:31:13

Vikings does look pretty good, and I know it's not for everyone but same channel has "The Bible" coming up on 3.3.13 as well that looks pretty awesome. http://www.history.com/the-bible

I have many series i do enjoy but gotta say Thrones is at the top of it.

Yeah, I'm going to try and get in on the ground floor with 'Vikings' :)

DVR is set for both...

The Bible is going up against the Walking Dead?

That's what you call a losing proposition - DVRs or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.