• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Three Good Things Thread

1. Successfully repaired a piece of prized jewelry for my boss.
2. Replenished my beer supply on my way home.
3. Boneless BBQ ribs in the crock pot were dee-lish.

I had a pretty good day, all things considering.

1) Work wife greeted me with a couple of presents. I share kimchi with her when I make it and this was a thank you - bottle of high end fish sauce and some Tunisian chili sauce.

2) As mentioned in the COVID-19 thread, tomorrow is my last day working at the hospital. Working remotely starting next week with no idea how long that will last.

3) Did 15 miles on the bike on the way home from work. Still feel like a struggling fat man, but hey - I put in some miles.

Yesterday.

1. I continue to be a big help for several very appreciative, high risk people where I work. While still keeping myself protected.
2. Low carb pizza night was a hit.
3. Mother died last night. End of her suffering. Though I personally had no love, or relationship with the woman, I'm glad my siblings don't have to deal with it any longer. The home she had been in has a lot of coronavirus. As does the hospital she was transferred to, and died.
From pneumonia.

And life goes on.

damn, man. I see you say you didn't have a relationship with her, but I am still sorry to hear that.

Reactions: Ax
1. Thoroughly enjoyed Mike's video of his son trying desperately to jump over the creek...falling short every single time. He never gave up!

2. Rupturing my achilles was a good test run for zero income and being prepared for months with no income.

3. As loud, my goodness a scream from a 5 year old girl is deafening, as loud as they are...I am enjoying the time I have with my kids!

1) Today was my last day physically at the hospital - for how long, I don't know. Moved my entire work office into my daughters vacant room. Have mixed feelings about not being there with my peeps, but it's for the best.

2) Tomorrow I pick up a bunch of bees to replace my dead out hives. Got everything ready to go for them.

3) Copper intake pipe to my hot water heater sprung a leak. That's not a good thing. I've been hearing it at night but I thought it was just air rushing through a tear in the AC ductwork, but it was actually a constant stream of water hitting some plastic sheeting under the house. I'm not a fix-it guy by any stretch, but was able to patch it with some silicon wrap and some fiber tape. Don't really feel like spending a ton right now on permanent repair when we are living on one salary.

1) Today was my last day physically at the hospital - for how long, I don't know. Moved my entire work office into my daughters vacant room. Have mixed feelings about not being there with my peeps, but it's for the best.

2) Tomorrow I pick up a bunch of bees to replace my dead out hives. Got everything ready to go for them.

3) Copper intake pipe to my hot water heater sprung a leak. That's not a good thing. I've been hearing it at night but I thought it was just air rushing through a tear in the AC ductwork, but it was actually a constant stream of water hitting some plastic sheeting under the house. I'm not a fix-it guy by any stretch, but was able to patch it with some silicon wrap and some fiber tape. Don't really feel like spending a ton right now on permanent repair when we are living on one salary.

1. Glad to see you're able to work from home.
2. I wish I had the patience for bees. I think everyone should have a couple hives.
3. Hey, how do you heat hot water? Haha!
I can tell you this, my brother was a master plumber. Sounds a little selfish, but whenever I have a plumbing issue I can't handle...it sucks not being able to call him. I miss that fucker! But what they are doing with to simplify installing supply lines these days makes replacing a water heater much easier.

Late to the party, my 3 good things for Saturday.

1) Picked up and installed 6 bee colonies. Got stung 3 times at the pickup site (something I've never had happen). I figured out why later. One of my hives had lost it's queen. You can tell because they are very feisty and loud when queenless, and I found two 'queen cells' where they were raising a replacement queen. Those were probably the bees that stung me.

2) I play golf with my buddy Gavin and 2 random strangers. I didn't have a great score because my chipping and putting were only so-so, but I am driving the hell out of the ball lately. Always fun to get up to the tee box and really put the ball out there.

3) The weather here was gorgeous on Saturday, perfect. Just about everything is blooming.

My 3 good things from Saturday:

1. Ordered beer online from the 2 best breweries in the greater DFW area, then drove downtown to pick up my orders. The breweries are 5 minutes apart and both made it easy. Rolled down my window, gave them my name, they asked where I wanted the beer to be placed, I told them, and they loaded me up. Easy. I never got out of the truck and was never closer to anyone than 8 feet or so. I have some great beer and I have directly helped two businesses that I desperately want to see survive this.

2. Won 4 straight game of Pandemic Legacy Season 2. Perhaps we are being a bit morbid but I survive bad stuff with gallows humor and this is a game we loved long before the current situation started. For those of you who like board games that are different from the norm, this is a great one. I'd recommend getting the standard Pandemic game first though. The Legacy editions are tough and are good for only a single playthrough (although that playthrough can last a year or more).

3. Got to do video happy hour with some good friends I was supposed to see live yesterday. The first weekend in April is the traditional opening of the local renaissance festival where I work as the host of the beer tasting. Obviously that didn't happen. In fact, the festival was officially cancelled for this season this week. Anyway, I have a lot of good friends that I have known for years that I really only see when the festival is open and we are all working weekends. It was good see all of them, have a pint together and see how everyone is coping.

BONUS - It was cold and rainy here and because the festival has been cancelled I remained warm and dry all day when I otherwise would have been outside in the cold and wet.

Sorry to hear about your mom Ax.

1. Had a fantastic dinner with the family, breaded fried chicken, green bean casserole with mashed potatoes & gravy.

2A. Sorry to hear about your h2o pipe break Boone. If you wanna send me a pic I may be able to talk you thru a cheaper way to repair.
2B. In December it dropped to -20 here and our radiator heater lines froze & broke. The stress on the boiler put the nail in its coffin immediately after the pipes were fixed. Today I’m appreciative of the brand new 200,000 btu boiler we now have thanks to home owners insurance. (State Farm)

3. Washed our blanket with a pack of Snuggle detergent, what a fantastic scent that aided me in sleeping in this morning.

Last edited:
whenever Stephen wakes up in the middle of the night he has trouble falling back to sleep. sick, just awake, whatever. So, we go to the couch, pull the ottoman in so it makes a big section for him, cover it with blankets, and put on In the the Spider Verse. It is THE go to movie.

last night it happened and I think it was due to the super bright moon out here. it seriously looked like daytime at 0200. We go out to the living room, do our thing...and, like normal, within 20 minutes he is asleep.

1. The whole family went out in front of the house to take care of the yard tonight. It needed serious help. Usually it's just me so it was nice to have the girls around.
2. Had to get out to get gas for the mower only to discover it was $1.28 a gallon. I filled the car up too.
3. Got solid reviews on a video I did for work. First time I ever recorded and edited my own video.

1. The whole family went out in front of the house to take care of the yard tonight. It needed serious help. Usually it's just me so it was nice to have the girls around.

Did this yesterday with the oldest...he is at that age where he wants to help, but only so long. I was out there for about 7 hours, he lasted about 3 and a half.

2. Had to get out to get gas for the mower only to discover it was $1.28 a gallon. I filled the car up too.
I filled up my Excursion with diesel for less than 100 bucks for the first time the other day.

3. Got solid reviews on a video I did for work. First time I ever recorded and edited my own video.
It's a whole different world from Lightroom and photoshop, huh? I'm still not proficient enough, but I get it, and am ready to upgrade my camera so I can push more video on my clients.

A funny aside? I was reminded of our conversations about Sony v Nikon all those years ago. I was close to going with the Sony A7iii, but reports are the Nikon mirrorless has better video.

Reactions: Ax
Speaking of photography I’ll need to pick your brains again soon because I’m going to need an action cam for YouTubing.

1. Woke up at 9ish to a beautiful sunny morning.
2. Made a quick but savory dinner that family all enjoyed. Breaded fried chicken with corn, jasmine rice
3. Dialed in my rice recipe to where it’s sticky but not wet, ridiculousness with soy sauce & RedHot. Rice is easy and all but when you hit on it, the meal is so much better

Haven’t had a lot to be excited about if late, but finding good things in ones day even when they aren’t apparent is kind of the point.

1.Worked my first day from home. I’m going to miss human contact as work was really the only place I was getting it. But risk-wise, grateful not to be at the hospital.

2. My son called me yesterday, something he rarely does. Got into a doctorate program at a school in Canada which he’s very excited about.

3. My daughter sent me a photo I love. I am having it printed on metal for her as a little surprise.

14CDAF8E-0680-4797-81EE-BB9274CBBB59.jpeg

Today's 3 Good Things...

1) Wife came home Friday and was called off work Saturday so we got some unexpected together time before she heads back north on Tuesday.

2) All 6 of my bee hives are doing well. Put on 2nd brood boxes yesterday and fed them as all the feed I have originally provided was gone.

3) Dropped under 200 lbs yesterday for the first time in a year or so. Tired of keto but I'm going to keep at it.

1. Kids are happy.
2. Great day spending time with family, even though we missed having extended family over for Easter...normally, the cousins all come over and they have a blast for the egg hunt.
3. Mom tested negative for Covid, although she's been in the hospital for 3 days.

Last edited:
1 - I think I have turned a corner with Stephen. Or am working on it with our communication.
2 - I am still employed. It is getting downright scary out there for people.
3 - I was on a Zoom Happy Hour with a bunch of people from our company last Friday. We were all talking about how we cope, and this woman said "it has been really hard for me. It is me, my boyfriend, and our son in an apartment in Queens" and it made me realize just how grateful I need to be that I have the place I do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.