• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Three Good Things Thread

Tiger King had to have set records this weekend. I know at least 40 people from social media who watched it.

From yesterday.

1. Safely returned home after a Saturday in West Virginia fixing plumbing issues at the hunting camp.
2. Watched a ZZ Top documentary on Netflix.........Awesome!
3. Killed a wasp.

that ZZ Top doc was pretty badass. I always thought Frank was just kind of "the drummer" but, in a way he is the most important person in that band. VERY cool documentary.

There is one on the California sound from the 60s, too, that I liked. It had Bob Dylan's kid and Beck talking to people and singing.

Reactions: Ax
Three good things from yesterday:

1. Finished texturing and painting the ceiling in the bathroom I am remodeling for my girls. It had popcorn so when we decided to do the remodel, that was the first thing on the list. I really hate doing ceiling work like that but the finished product is so satisfying.

2. I had a nice discussion with my neighbor across the alley...from across the alley. First direct personal interaction with a living human that I'm not directly related to in some time that didn't come through a computer screen.

3. Got the pool mostly clean from winter semi-neglect. This is usually a multi-week job that I dread but this year I managed to do a bit better of a job of keeping up with it so it might be ready to swim in this next weekend, albeit rather cool for me.

I haven't had a garden the past few seasons, but I know a fair amount about vegetable gardening if you have questions - holla.

Well normally I have a small garden that I usually start with seedlings or small plants. Since they just gave the stay home order here in VA I thought I might not have the opportunity to garden this year if I didn't do something today. So I went out and bought the supplies so I can grow things from seed. We'll see how that goes. Let me know if you have any advice.

3 good things:

1) I was able to go out and get the necessary supplies for the house today that may in the near future may be otherwised deemed nonessential. Happy about that.
2) Been cooking at home every day and the food has been great if I do say so myself. I usually like a day off every now and then when we order out, but so far have enjoyed it.
3) Zoom has allowed us to participate in a variety of group activities (yoga, sanda, tai chi, etc) that we would be missing out on otherwise, and I have found for me personally I am still able to get something good out of it.

If you are doing seedlings indoors, you need fluorescent grow lights or they simply get too 'leggy' . I wish you were closer - I'd lend you my grow stand as I'm not using it currently. If the temps are above 50, you could probably move plants outside during the day (just keep them out of direct sunlight)...

1) Spoke to my wife on the phone today.
2) Got a couple granddaughter pics today.
3) Off work today - never a bad thing.

1. Had some great salmon for dinner.
2. Daughter had a great tutoring session online today. Her tutor was very pleased with her work.
3. Successfully resisted the urge to kill someone at work. (Yes, this is a joke but only halfway, know what I mean?)

1.) Spoke to a great friend I've had since 3rd grade today. He's really freaked out by everything going on and has been leaning on me a little over the course of events.

2.) My wife made on of my favorite dishes today, real simple...tuna noodle salad. Tuna, rotini, onions, carrots, celery, and mayo. So simple, so good.

3.) My youngest is getting in to family dance night more and more, he makes me smile because of the 3...he's the on who has the most groove.

Ax, what town in WV is your hunting camp at?

1. My son made spaghetti and we had the whole family enjoy it
2. Made a feeble attempt at cleaning out the truck but much to go. Seems I've been driving around like Oscar the Grouch
3. I made every one of my kids laugh tonight, I usually do but never counted it here before. Still nice to hear

Right on, I remember the area vaguely. My buddy said they’ve done a really good job introducing elk to the area too. I’m from Kanawha county (Nitro) but our hunting area is in Mason county, though unfortunately never seen the Mothman.

Cindy retired today !
I broke down, and subscribed to the Washington Post today.
The salesmen that constantly gives me man hugs didn't today !

1. Found a couple extras at the grocery store on my way home.
2. Got my ribs dry rubbed and waiting in the fridge for tomorrows date with the crock pot.
3. Watched an old favorite, The Hunter, with Steve McQueen.

Since I started working from home I get an extra 90 minutes of sleep. Kids just get to wake whenever they want to.

My video conference calls get a guest appearance every time by my 2 boys. They love showing off their drawings or games, and the people on the other end love it too. It also breaks up any stress on the calls.

as soon as my stimulus check arrives I am getting my CCW and a new gun. I started telling the wife about it over a month ago so she is almost OK with it LOL

Hope the CCW process goes easier for you in Ohio than it does here in The Peoples Republic of Maryland.

Hope the CCW process goes easier for you in Ohio than it does here in The Peoples Republic of Maryland.
its a weekend course that costs around $75. ANYTHING is easier than getting one in MD! One of the main reasons I didn't move back.

My 3 good things for today.

1) Had a nice conversation with our female medical director who stopped by to see me. She's a lovely person.
2) Decent selection of food at the grocery tonight.
3) Was able to remote access most of the systems I need to do my job from home a couple days a week, so if things get worse, I at least can somewhat reduce my risk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.