• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Real Problem in Washington

I agree Shanny and Co will be back next season.

But the Redskins are going to be better even with a new staff because Griffin will be healthy and the team will have $28M in cap room to address some glaring holes.

What have we done with an unlimited checkbook in the past that makes this seem different?

This is the first time someone competent (or moreso than Snyderatto) will be in charge of the checkbook, so there is hope. All of Allen's FA signings so far have been need-based, without the exorbitant salaries of years past ($40M for Archuleta, $EleventyBillion for Fat Albert, etc.).

This is the first time someone competent (or moreso than Snyderatto) will be in charge of the checkbook, so there is hope. All of Allen's FA signings so far have been need-based, without the exorbitant salaries of years past ($40M for Archuleta, $EleventyBillion for Fat Albert, etc.).

so..yea...in the extreme sense. but at the end of the day....has the roster improved that greatly? do the results bear that out?

so..yea...in the extreme sense. but at the end of the day....has the roster improved that greatly? do the results bear that out?

well last year we won the division and hosted a playoff game for the first time since 1999.
this year we're 1 game out of first place with 3/4 of the season still to go. i know people will say we look like **** but we looked like **** last year when we were 3-6; right before we were 10-6 and NFC East champions.

so yeah, i would say the results are there to say that the organization is better in terms of being a fundamentally sound organization.

is it super bowl level? no; not yet.

the story hasn't finished being written. i don't know a single redskins fan that isn't aware that there is still room for improvement with this roster and with the coaching staff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.