• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Real Problem in Washington

I wonder, if things would be any better with Cousins in there.
Is a healthy Cousins much more mobile, than RG3, in his current condition ?

Absolutely not! But he appears to be a better pocket passer at this point.

Griffin is the best thing to happen to this franchise in 20 years, and people still find ways to nitpick. Unreal.

There's a difference in a father worrying that an offensive approach is going to get his son injured and possibly end a potential HOF career, and 'dictating' the offense we run. You really think Mike Shanahan is building the offense based on what Griffin or his dad think (assuming Griffin has even chimed in on the topic to any real degree?)?

I don't.

I think Griffin, when healthy, is the equal of any passer in the league. He was incredibly accurate in college and in his rookie year. Folks saying he can't be a pocket passer are wrong in my opinion. But he'd need protection designed for a pocket passer and, oh being fully recovered for reconstructive knee surgery, that might help too. I love Cousins, but I don't think he's a better QB than RG3 in any area when Griffin is healthy.

I think Griffin, when healthy, is the equal of any passer in the league. He was incredibly accurate in college and in his rookie year. Folks saying he can't be a pocket passer are wrong in my opinion. But he'd need protection designed for a pocket passer and, oh being fully recovered for reconstructive knee surgery, that might help too. I love Cousins, but I don't think he's a better QB than RG3 in any area when Griffin is healthy.

But Boone, you have nothing to base this conclusion. Griffin has never been a traditional drop back in the pocket passer. Granted, he is not getting the protection he needs to be successful here, but even in college he was successful when on the move. He looks uncomfortable back there...even with some protection. He doesn't seem to follow his progressions...even with protection. And he has not shown the accuracy from the pocket as he has when he is on the move.

Granted, it was the Cleveland Browns, but in one pro game Kirk Cousins showed tremendous poise, accuracy and ability in the pocket with the same offensive line that Griffin has had all along.

I am not saying Cousins is better, we know that is not the case. At this point the only thing we've seen from Griffin is his incredibly dynamic physical ability to make things happen in a non-traditional scheme. From Cousins, we've seen a confident, quality backup in a traditional QB role...only time will tell.

I still have my concerns about Griffin and I like Cousins, but I still do not want to see Kirk out on the field over Griffin for any other reason than if Griffin is injured...God forbid!

There's a difference in a father worrying that an offensive approach is going to get his son injured and possibly end a potential HOF career, and 'dictating' the offense we run. You really think Mike Shanahan is building the offense based on what Griffin or his dad think (assuming Griffin has even chimed in on the topic to any real degree?)?

I don't.

I don't know, why did it take until week 3 for the read option and keeper bootlegs to come back? You know, the stuff that made this a top 5 offense last year and led to griffin winning rookie of the year.

It had nothing to do with griffin and his father's comments during the off season? Coincidence?

If you're going to cite health then he shouldn't have been in the game.

All I have is questions no real answers. I can't ignore the 'I want to be a pocket passer' campaign that went on though. I'm not sure why he cares what the idiot talking heads think anyways. He should be smarter than that.

He doesn't seem to follow his progressions...even with protection.
Is he locking onto guys? I can't watch the last two games until this weekend. He was doing that a lot last year but guys were getting open so it didn't really matter...

Is he locking onto guys? I can't watch the last two games until this weekend. He was doing that a lot last year but guys were getting open so it didn't really matter...

Yup...he still seems to be getting away with some...helps to have a strong arm, but he just seems to be rushing many of his throws.

Lol. Some of y'all are really reaching. And for the life of me, I can't figure out why.

Sorry I don't believe everything griffin does is perfect. :/

Weren't you just accusing people of using straw men? That's not at all what I said.

I don't know, why did it take until week 3 for the read option and keeper bootlegs to come back? You know, the stuff that made this a top 5 offense last year and led to griffin winning rookie of the year.

It had nothing to do with griffin and his father's comments during the off season? Coincidence?

If you're going to cite health then he shouldn't have been in the game.

All I have is questions no real answers. I can't ignore the 'I want to be a pocket passer' campaign that went on though. I'm not sure why he cares what the idiot talking heads think anyways. He should be smarter than that.

Have you been asleep for the past year? The guy tore every ligament in his knee. He had it reconstructed, with ligaments removed from elsewhere in his body (or from deceased donors - I don't know - unlike you, I'm not privy to his medical records). What part of "I'm coming back from reconstructive knee surgery" don't you understand? Whether or not he *should have come back immediately* is irrelevant. He did come back immediately.

He can't do yet what he was doing. It's really, really not rocket science. He's likely also worried and tentative. You know, like any human being would be, that he'll suffer another injury, or that the knee won't hold up, because that's what anyone with a pulse would do.

Or - you could be right. It's all about what he and his Dad are inappropriately doing behind the scenes.

And don't give me 'all I have is questions, not answers...' If you believe something, man up and say it. You can't back up what you're insinuating, plain and simple. Keep tossing **** at the wall though...eventually something will stick.

Yeah, its going to take awhile for him to get his "sea legs" back. You don't snap your fingers and suddenly break off 74-yard TD runs...it takes time.

Everyone seems to forget that Adrian Peterson didn't kick it in to high gear last year until game six. Give it just a little more time. This is our QB for the next twelve to fifteen years. Keep that in mind.

And don't give me 'all I have is questions, not answers...' If you believe something, man up and say it. You can't back up what you're insinuating, plain and simple. Keep tossing **** at the wall though...eventually something will stick.
You realize the only thing you, and others have posted, is that the media doesn't know what they're talking about and any criticism is just wanting to create drama. I suppose that qualifies for backing it up and manning up.

Message received. Don't say anything negative about griffin around here. No problem, I won't anymore.

griffin is not the problem, our craptastic Oline is the problem. without a credible run threat the read option isnt effective and the zone offence we run can only cover so much crap. williams is solid to very good, monty is barely on the good side, and nobody else we have would start anywhere else.

Everyone seems to forget that Adrian Peterson didn't kick it in to high gear last year until game six. Give it just a little more time. This is our QB for the next twelve to fifteen years. Keep that in mind.

Yes I agree, which is why I want the skins to put all immediate personnel efforts into the oline. RG3 will play the rust off, and develop into a complete QB. That oline isn't getting any better. They have sucked for years, they were just well hid last season due to scheme and RG3's incredible mobility.

Put a few studs in front of RG3 and give him time and confidence. As bad as the defense is, I don't care if the Skins don't make a single upgrade at defense if they pour some resources into the oline. RG3 and Morris in the complete KS offense will be very tough to stop with a stud oline.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.