• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Rams Simple Beat Us (No blaming Morgan or the Refs)

Please, just admit that we got beat and stop playing your pseudo-iuntellectual games! The Rams beat us today. They had the same poor officiating we did. The difference was they took advantage of it and we didn't!

Pathetic. Can't dispute a single thing I said and so you try to dismiss it as irrelevent.

The refs were part of the reason we lost today. Was it ten percent, 30 percent? That, I don't know, but they were part of the equation.

The fact that you are happy to excuse and permit dirty and illegal play is the story of the thread. You happily admit that Rams cheated and played outside the rules, but then say that didn't impact the game. In fact, you applaud them for getting away with cheating.

Well, bully for you. Terrible, terrible logic.

Me and my brother were talking about the dirty play during the game, and afterwards went back and replayed every offensive play the Redskins ran. El, if you really did just throw a number out there about the 75%, you're a damn fine guesser. We ran 58 plays if you don't include punts/kicks and plays called back for penalties. Out of those, 43 involved something dirty - a head butt, a pulled or twisted body part, a hard bump or shove, etc. after the play. So that means just a hair under 75%. The other things mentioned certainly didn't help, but I think this game was more of a mind **** game, and the refs did let way too much go on both sides.

Refs were a huge part, true. But they also stole a TD from the Rams, like legit stole it. Haslett not adjusting to their O and letting them KILL us was a bigger part, IMO. Our OL getting beaten up and down the field was even bigger.

I'm so bitter. Just an all-around sh!t show!

Pathetic. Can't dispute a single thing I said and so you try to dismiss it as irrelevent.

The refs were part of the reason we lost today. Was it ten percent, 30 percent? That, I don't know, but they were part of the equation.

The fact that you are happy to excuse and permit dirty and illegal play is the story of the thread. You happily admit that Rams cheated and played outside the rules, but then say that didn't impact the game. In fact, you applaud them for getting away with cheating.

Well, bully for you. Terrible, terrible logic.

If you read through the whole thread you would see I stated clearly that the refs were culpable to a degree! But the point is you cannot BLAME them! The loss today was more than just the poor officiating! It boiled down to the fact that the Rams beat us! They beat us by taking advantage of every aspect of the game, poor officiating is one of them! And yes tr1, there was a plan in place to take advantage of the fact that lower quality referees were in place today! You ever box? You ever see a guy throw an elbow in close during a boxing match with the ref out of position? That is what happened today and the Rams did it well enough to get us out of our game!

And burgold, I am not happily admitting anything. I am pissed that our team lost today but I am smart enough to know you can't blame a loss on the refs! Your inability to get past the refs make me question if you ever played competitive team sports! You don't blame others for a loss! You accept your responsibility and move forward!

Did the refs drop that pass that could have clinched things for us? NO! It was Aldrick Robinson! You gonna blame him for losing the game too? You included Danny Smith, why not include Jim Haslett for not stopping Danny Amendola?

It's real simple we got beat! And if you want to BLAME the refs it just shows your character...blame others! You've gotten pretty good at that!

Before it gets into a shouting match, let's just take a deep breath and put this game behind us asap. Make it a good week. Spend time with loved ones. Get out and have some fun.

I wish we could've played better and smarter. That didn't happen. On to the Bengals and the first home game of the season.

We're not far apart then, the difference is I see refs who didn't end the half by applying the ten second runoff which gave the Rams a free 3 points (margin of the eventual win) and you think those three points weren't game changing if I understand the nature of this thread.

Our defense played like crap. Our special teams had a fumble and a block. Other than RGIII's heroics we had no reason to be in the game... nonetheless, the refs sealed the deal. We were on the Titanic, the boat's sinking. The refs locked us in our cabins. Sure, we died because of the iceberg, cold, and drowning... but it sure didn't help that the refs made sure we couldn't get to a lifeboat.

Before it gets into a shouting match, let's just take a deep breath and put this game behind us asap. Make it a good week. Spend time with loved ones. Get out and have some fun.

I wish we could've played better and smarter. That didn't happen. On to the Bengals and the first home game of the season.

Fair enough. In reality, I put this loss on the 'skins myself. I just can't stand excusing the refs for such horrid and ugly abuse of the rules and endangerment of our players.

That cheap shot at the end looked like that guy was trying to end Fletcher's career and the ref right in front of it didn't even blink. Disgusting.

Please everyone stop complaining about the refs. Thats what fans of crappy teams do. The refs were terrible. They also cost the Rams a TD.

Our DL got very little pressure on a tattered OL. Our defensive scheme was horrid. Our team is still rebuilding and it showed. Thats all.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Hello, Mr Dalton?

Welcome to FedEx Field!

We hope you and your friends enjoy their visit here and here's your welcome basket that comes with a free complimentary blocked kick from Danny Smith's unit!

Enjoy!

lol

Please everyone stop complaining about the refs. Thats what fans of crappy teams do. The refs were terrible. They also cost the Rams a TD.

Our DL got very little pressure on a tattered OL. Our defensive scheme was horrid. Our team is still rebuilding and it showed. Thats all.

With all due respect, we haven't finished above .500 since 2007. In the last 10 years, we've had 2 seasons over .500. We are a crappy team. Don't get me wrong: Our front 7 on D and the slew of young talent we have gives us the prospect of turning that around and a lot to be excited about. However, until our record or competitiveness dictates otherwise, we are still a crappy team.

That is not to say we have the last ten years to blame on the refs... Or that blaming the refs is ALWAYS permissible. But in this case it was certainly a factor. Admittedly, not the only factor.

I think the officiating of this game needs to be discussed. It was easily the worst I've ever seen and I don't think I'm being hyperbolic. I would feel that way if they were teams with which I've had no vested interest.

The no-calls concerning Player safety must be tearing Roger Goodell's brain apart. In one hand he wants to glad hand the replacements and on the other he's pushed a big initiative to improving the safety of the game. I'm wondering what kind of spin will come out of his face while trying to reconcile those two positions. I mean, honestly he probably won't even address it. But could you imagine if this was a Monday night game? A play off game?

Anyway, yes we were out performed... and yet it was only a three point game. I believe if the refs had something resembling control over this game, it could have made the difference for us in terms of extra downs and what not.

TL;DR: For the most part we agree... but I don't think the officiating for this game can be dismissed.

Last edited:
With all due respect, we haven't finished above .500 since 2007. In the last 10 years, we've had 2 seasons over .500. We are a crappy team. Don't get me wrong: Our front 7 on D and the slew of young talent we have gives us the prospect of turning that around and a lot to be excited about. However, until our record or competitiveness dictates otherwise, we are still a crappy team.

I believe that was my point. :)

That is not to say we have the last ten years to blame on the refs... Or that blaming the refs is ALWAYS permissible. But in this case it was certainly a factor. Admittedly, not the only factor.

Not really. Refs or no refs, the Rams played better than we did yesterday. They always seem to bring their A game when they play us, just like we always seem to bring our best against the Saints. I think a lot of people are reading way too much into this game. The Redskins are not a great team. 1-1 after two road games shouldn't come as a complete shock.

What I think we were all hoping to see at this point was that Griffin is The Real Deal. So far I think that is the case, and that's a very good thing, regardless of the outcome of this particular game.

I think the officiating of this game needs to be discussed. It was easily the worst I've ever seen and I don't think I'm being hyperbolic. I would feel that way if they were teams with which I've had no vested interest.

The no-calls concerning Player safety must be tearing Roger Goodell's brain apart. In one hand he wants to glad hand the replacements and on the other he's pushed a big initiative to improving the safety of the game. I'm wondering what kind of spin will come out of his face while trying to reconcile those two positions. I mean, honestly he probably won't even address it. But could you imagine if this was a Monday night game? A play off game?

The officiating is significant in that it's horrible and players are gonna get hurt. That is absolutely true and I agree and I think Goodell is the worst commissioner in all of sports and the worst commissioner in the history of the NFL. It is a very good point that for a guy who's SO concerned with player safety he certainly doesn't seem to give a damn when money is concerned.

But I don't think any of that has any bearing on whether or not we should have won the game. We were out-schemed, out-produced and out-hustled. No one cost us that game but ourselves.

Anyway, yes we were out performed... and yet it was only a three point game. I believe if the refs had something resembling control over this game, it could have made the difference for us in terms of extra downs and what not.

For whom? :)

We got some calls too. It was jungle ball but so it was for both sides. I agree the real refs need to come back, sooner rather than later, but not because we can't win games with bad officiating. Those are two separate issues.

Something else I haven't seen talked about much - did they change the 10-second run off rule this season? Rams got an offensive penalty in the final 2-minutes before the first half (under 10 seconds remaining, actually) - shouldn't that have come with a 10-second run off and the end of the half? Instead, they got the chance to kick the field goal (stupid icing the kicker, cut that crap out already) and got 3 extra points.

Am I missing something? When did this rule change?

Something else I haven't seen talked about much - did they change the 10-second run off rule this season? Rams got an offensive penalty in the final 2-minutes before the first half (under 10 seconds remaining, actually) - shouldn't that have come with a 10-second run off and the end of the half? Instead, they got the chance to kick the field goal (stupid icing the kicker, cut that crap out already) and got 3 extra points.

Am I missing something? When did this rule change?

From the 'other place' (can't vouch if this is correct or not, but makes sense):

"the 10 second run-off only applies if the clock stoppage was the result of the penalty itself. So if the rams had completed a pass and stayed in-bounds, we'd have the option of running of 10 seconds because of the holding call. Since it was an incomplete pass, the clock stopped anyways.
In other words, the run-off is meant to keep offenses from committing penalties just to stop the clock."

Ah. That makes sense, thanks.

I was wondering about that myself.

From the 'other place' (can't vouch if this is correct or not, but makes sense):

"the 10 second run-off only applies if the clock stoppage was the result of the penalty itself. So if the rams had completed a pass and stayed in-bounds, we'd have the option of running of 10 seconds because of the holding call. Since it was an incomplete pass, the clock stopped anyways.
In other words, the run-off is meant to keep offenses from committing penalties just to stop the clock."

Ah. That makes sense, thanks.

I was wondering about that myself.

Ah, I see. So now we can focus all our anger at Shanahan for "icing" the kicker. :)

i have a hard time blaming the refs for the loss because they screwed the rams just as much as they screwed us. sure, some of those were the rams fault for not challenging, but some of those were flat out bad calls that went our way too.

sure, they gave the rams 3 points when they should have run the clock the end the half.
they also missed a TD catch that cost the rams 7.

so if we want to just change things like that without considering how it may change the entire game, then the redskins lose by 7 instead of 3. but we all know that when you change one scoring play in the middle of the game it changes the way both teams play/coach/call plays.

Having even more time to digest the disappointing loss yesterday, I have to say I am less concerned about it now. Time to move on to the Bengals. Like Bulldog's Twin mentioned, we are coming out of a road trip we expected to do no better than 1-1 and we sit at that exact record.

We have a tough Bengals team that will be quite a challenge with the defense having to adjust to losing 2 of our best players on the defensive line. It is our home opener and this could be a big game for us, their defense is not nearly as good as it once was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.