• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The QB horserace

you heard it here: against teams with quick, fast defenses...RG will be a friggin disaster. He hasn't separated himself that much from Beck on the down or up side. if I'm an opposing d-coordinator...I'm bringing the farm after RG and just waiting for the turnovers. but if we have to endure him, so be it. after he totally tubes the Philly game making dumb-arse decisions under pressure we can get on with the business of finding an NFL caliber QB who has value against the best teams.

again: NOBODY....NOBODY...wanted RG when he was a FA. Why would that be? Having a system caretaker doesn't strike me as any kind of long-run plan for a team.

You're just a broken record on this. RG, against a tough Ravens defense, looked fine. As did Beck btw (although if RG had thrown the pick Beck threw up for grabs to a well-covered receiver, you'd be thrashing him for it). There's no basis for the turnover-machine claim you keep making - it's just what you want to believe. RG made some great passes last night, fitting the ball into tight places and hitting guys right in the numbers. Nobody wanted McNabb when we took him either - does that make him a scrub too? Sometimes it's about fit, style, and playing to a player's strengths. I think we can be reasonably successful with either guy, but I question whether you're even watching the games with some of the commentary.

Last edited:
and down the final stretch, Oh no, Beck stumbles and Grossman starts to pull away.

You're just a broken record on this. RG, against a tough Ravens defense, looked fine. As did Beck btw (although if RG had thrown the pick Beck threw up for grabs to a well-covered receiver, you'd be thrashing him for it). There's no basis for the turnover-machine claim you keep making - it's just what you want to believe. RG made some great passes last night, fitting the ball into tight places and hitting guys right in the numbers. Nobody wanted McNabb when we took him either - does that make him a scrub too? Sometimes it's about fit, style, and playing to a player's strengths. I think we can be reasonably successful with either guy, but I question whether you're even watching the games with some of the commentary.

whatever. Beck looked horrible tonight. RG will be a F up. I already know it. I almost know when it's going to happen. If I'm a DC I drill his arse into the turf every down. he doesn't have the arm strength to go deep and lacks mobility. under pressure he'll default to his off the back foot motion which inevitably will result in picks. once defenses start game planning for real - who do you think is the weak link in that whole offense? the QB!!!!!!! Beck faltered. too bad he didn't have the kahunas to produce when it counted. RG isn't built to carry a team. not to worry...I'll keep a vomit pail nearby if forced to watch this guy until he is replaced down the road.

and you aren't paying attention to the bad passes RG makes. might I remind you...not one deep pass....the first game had some terrible misses. you all wearing blinders when you watch this guy. not paying attention to the mistakes.

can't wait until next season when we draft a real QB and not be forced to watch these second rate talents. one goes into a game thinking not "we have the guy" but rather "hope he doesn't screw up"...that is Rex Grossman to a tee.

Last edited by a moderator:
we're going into the season with the worst starting QB in our division. that puts it all into perspective for me.

If the Redskins can protect the passer then Rex is in better shape for the job, but if there is a question about the protection then Beck's ability to move and throw the ball outside the box will make him the starter.

Both players make plays and then come back with boners a few plays later. They're inconsistent.

Hopefully when a starter is named and that guy can get settled in those inconsistencies can be eliminated over time.

Last night Beck looked awful and not because the defense was so great or the line play was poor.

He simply made some bad decisions while trying to impress the coaches IMO.

He could have had two interceptions in the Bucs end of the field but got lucky that the ball ended up on the ground both times.

The INT he did throw was a jump ball in the end zone.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Grossman should get the start. He earned it.

I think his teammates will feel the same.

Whoever it is, they won't be told until after the final roster cuts.

We may not know until just before kickoff.

It's gonna be a long 10 days.

we're going into the season with the worst starting QB in our division. that puts it all into perspective for me.

Stop whining. It's pretty obvious that neither of these guys are going to be the Skins' next franchise QB.

Rex is the best they have right now, and will be better than a lot of other starting QBs. If he gets hot and limits the turnovers he will be in the top 12 or so.

The Skins spent their resources this past offseason building the foundation for long term success. Watch for them to try to move up and get their QB next off season.

Stop whining. It's pretty obvious that neither of these guys are going to be the Skins' next franchise QB.

Rex is the best they have right now, and will be better than a lot of other starting QBs. If he gets hot and limits the turnovers he will be in the top 12 or so.

The Skins spent their resources this past offseason building the foundation for long term success. Watch for them to try to move up and get their QB next off season.
One part of the foundation they didn't address was the OL.

Let's hope they deal with that in addition to the QB situation next year.

right on! and if he throws 50 TDs he'll go to the hall of fame!

the responses never seem to include what defenses are going to do. he'll just magically produce 2 passing TDs every three games...cuz...well...he did in preseason!!!

sorry.....I will never become a Butterball convert. he doesn't even strike me as an athlete...let alone an NFL QB. I'm enthusiastic about the turn-around. there's a lot to be excited about. but Butterball? sorry....not on that foodstamp line.

the responses never seem to include what defenses are going to do. he'll just magically produce 2 passing TDs every three games...cuz...well...he did in preseason!!!

sorry.....I will never become a Butterball convert. he doesn't even strike me as an athlete...let alone an NFL QB. I'm enthusiastic about the turn-around. there's a lot to be excited about. but Butterball? sorry....not on that foodstamp line.

You are going to be a Rex fan yet, you just don't know it yet!

:laugh: And Billy Kilmer was?

One part of the foundation they didn't address was the OL.

Let's hope they deal with that in addition to the QB situation next year.
Well the guard they brought over from baltimore looks like a great fit. Montgomery is doing pretty well and definitely an upgrade over Rabach. Brown seems healthy...I actually think the line is going to be significantly better this year. I agree with you though that I was hoping for more picks on the oline and expect more next year.

I'll make a provocative statement you can do with whatever you like.

Any Redskins fan who actively roots for a Redskins QB to fail - isn't a Redskins fan.

Last edited:
Oh - and I'll make one final provocative statement you can do with whatever you like.

Any Redskins fan who actively roots for a Redskins QB to fail - isn't a Redskins fan.

Ed Zachary!

When you get right down to it, I root for a uniform. I've been forced to root for Deion Sanders. I've been forced to root for Donovan McNabb. And I'll root for Satan himself, if he's wearing the B&G.

(I'll let you figure out which of the above examples is an exaggeration.) :)

You are going to be a Rex fan yet, you just don't know it yet!

ha!!! the best he'll ever get from me is grudging recognition for games well played. in deference to our august community...I will labor to withhold the theatrics when he screws up.

anywho.....a corner has been turned. to be honest....this is the first time since 1992 that I feel like something forward looking and purposeful has been accomplished. well...ok....Gibb's II had me for a bit........but the continued mistakes disabused me of that pretty quickly.

returning to theme: this is the first time since 1992 that it FEELS/APPEARS like a thoughtful plan calculated to establish a long-term foundation has been systematically and successfully (so far) EXECUTED. what's not to be happy about that?

I'll make a provocative statement you can do with whatever you like.

geez...that's a reach! you can do better than that. but I'm sure you felt that way about Haynesworth following the Iggles game when he laid down on the team!

returning to theme: this is the first time since 1992 that it FEELS/APPEARS like a thoughtful plan calculated to establish a long-term foundation has been systematically and successfully (so far) EXECUTED. what's not to be happy about that?
I agree! That's why i'm not too worried about Rex. besides, I actually believe he's gonna have a career year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.