• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Positive Thread

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
So... Let's be happy for a change. Please, no negativity here. No arguing others 'positive' thoughts. We have plenty of threads for that!

I ask my BGO brethren and... sister...en, bring your positive thoughts HERE! What about this team has you HAPPY! Big, small, WHATEVER IT IS! It's time for a little bit of positivity in our lives!

1. The D-line :D. I'm so excited to see what our D-line can do this year. 5 first round picks, plus the steal of a draft, and another depth DT that can hang with the big boys. I want to see what kind of HAVOC we can wreak!

2. Scott Turner's offense. I am excited to see a tone of movement, mismatches, and shenanigans that set us up to exploit a defense. First you have McKissic int he backfield, with Gibson at the slot and Sims at the X. Then Gibson motions across and lines up next to Mclaurin. The defense is scrambling and pointing and running around and trying to figure out why the hell Avonte Maddox is man to man vs Sims and it's now Rodney Mcloud on Gibson, but he has to watch McKissic because if McKissic leaks right, then they have to switch at the line, then Nathan Gerry has to pick him up.... Darius Slay and Jalen Mills are screaming at eachother to make sure Mills is playing over the top in the event that McLaurin puts the afterburners on and gets behind Slay.... All while Haskins is letting Gibson know to leak out to the vacated half of the field :D. Misdirection, forcing the defense to show you their plan, then having a few weapons who can potentially take advantage of it... I like it.

3. We have football folks. Despite all the other nonsense that will go along with it this year, we still have football. We have the Burgundy and Gold lining up against another team this weekend. We can chose to sing HTTR if / when we score. We can scream GO GO GO GO GO GO GO if McLaurin or Gibson gets behind the defense. We can flex our muscles and scream 'GOT EM!' when one of our thoroughbreds gets a sack. We can jump off the couch and scream "PICKED OFF!!!!!" if that happens. We have football... it's back baby!

With football returning it means my folks will be over every Sunday while I man the grill, and I also get to watch my mother scream "Why do I continue to watch this ****" which I'm expecting to hear less of with the changes made after last year.

I cant wait to go 12-4 and win the division with our DL breaking Dak, Carson, and Fumblesalot in half.

The most positive I can be is to say I will stay out of this thread.

Will that work?

:bolt:

No BS this is a 3-13 team that is rebuilding.

As long as one realizes that they can watch the games and appreciate the development of younger players it’s fine.

Anyone trying to gauge this team through the prism of contender status or high level expectations is bound to be disappointed.

No BS this is a 3-13 team that is rebuilding.

As long as one realizes that they can watch the games and appreciate the development of younger players it’s fine.

Anyone trying to gauge this team through the prism of contender status or high level expectations is bound to be disappointed.

Why? Where did I say anything about a record... or that the team wasnt rebuilding, or anything you commented about. There are multiple threads about this. Why? Why bring that post here?

Every year NFL teams make dramatic turn arounds. You guys are usually pointing out that it doesn't take 5 years to rebuild a team in today's NFL.

We have all new coaches, (for all intents and purposes) a new starting QB, and a new offense and defense. A winning season would be a bold prediction for anyone making it for a team in those circumstances.

Doesn't mean it won't happen.

I guess that was Bulldog's best run at 'positive' ...lol

it was a lost cause. I don't know why i even hoped it would go any other way... i'll try to sleep on it but might just lock the thread and move on. Is what it is, some people just can't let other people be positive without making it a point that it's not allowed.

Early indications that the new FO is willing and able to make clear-headed, targeted personnel moves is ... comforting.

The idea of coming into games prepared, making pro-level in-game adjustments and showing solid game-management is ... intriguing.

Realistic expectations for a defense that will not just start games applying QB pressure, but actually generate some at crunch time is ... the stuff of evil grins.

We have legit, competent, coaching, esp on the defensive side! No more Barry or Manusky types. I expect the defense to be prepared and *gasp* make in-game adjustments.

Chase Young. He's on our team.

Speed on offense with the likes of AG and Simms. Hopefully lots of YAC this year.

A shorten offseason with this coaching staff is better than a full one with the old staff. They obviously like Dwaynes grasp of the offense they want to run if they felt they could release Peterson. And Gibson's ability to make plays in that offense.

its the same ol thing every time you try to be positive. someone has to shit on it but disguise it as a "joke".

Our defense is going to be pretty badass. they could be dominant on many levels. that will give our offense more of a chance to gel and become good.

With that said...I think we can go 10-6 leaning on the D heavily.

I think that’s a pretty big overstatement of things Mike. It’s a message board and folks will have varying opinions. Trying to set up threads limited to just those who agree with one take or the other is generally doomed to failure in my experience.

Here’s to hoping that the team gives more of us reason to be positive.

The fact he specifically asked for positive things and it happens every year by the same people is why I said what I said.

There's a dozen threads to shit on the team and everyone on the board. The one post where he specifically states positivity gets shit on and it's seemingly all good.

Dunno why it's allowed. Politics isn't, derailment is frowned upon. But, this seems to be ok every time.

...and that's all I have to say about that.

I'm pretty psyched for this season. I think we'll win around 8 games, and be competitive in most games. I like the young talent on this team, and I think the new coaching staff is a huge upgrade, especially on defense. I recognize that the team still has some pretty serious weak areas, and I think our oline and corners are going to get exposed at times, but I believe this team will play real hard and be exciting to watch.

The fact he specifically asked for positive things and it happens every year by the same people is why I said what I said.

There's a dozen threads to shit on the team and everyone on the board. The one post where he specifically states positivity gets shit on and it's seemingly all good.

Dunno why it's allowed. Politics isn't, derailment is frowned upon. But, this seems to be ok every time.

...and that's all I have to say about that.

No one ‘shits on’ anyone here. Disagreeing with someone on football or anything else is just human nature, it’s to be expected.

Expecting anything different is going to lead to a lot of disappointment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.