The Positive Thread

One of many experimental iterations ...

SilentThreat

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

No one ‘shits on’ anyone here. Disagreeing with someone on football or anything else is just human nature, it’s to be expected.

Expecting anything different is going to lead to a lot of disappointment.

Coming to a thread like this and basically saying that its not ok to think this team is better than 3 -13 is directly shitting on the thread, I dont think Mike was saying anyone was gettin dumped on, but more the thread itself.

It's a narrative that contradicts the whole point of a thread like this. The purpose is to have some fun and the fact that people decide to take time out of their day to tell people that they're basically wrong for wanting to do so is infuriating. The team can be bad but people can still find positivity in certain aspects, the 2 are not completely independent of each other.

The sad thing is I didnt EXPECT anything different.. just had a little hope that the premise of the thread could be appreciated and those who cant find anything positive just avoid it and let us all have a little fun.

Beetlejuice

Dogaholic
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Army

My brother is a Cowboys fan. Before the games, he talked trash. Said we were garbage, Dallas would dominate, etc. After the games, he said I'm terrified to play you fuckers. That's positive enough for me.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Coming to a thread like this and basically saying that its not ok to think this team is better than 3 -13 is directly shitting on the thread, I dont think Mike was saying anyone was gettin dumped on, but more the thread itself.

It's a narrative that contradicts the whole point of a thread like this. The purpose is to have some fun and the fact that people decide to take time out of their day to tell people that they're basically wrong for wanting to do so is infuriating. The team can be bad but people can still find positivity in certain aspects, the 2 are not completely independent of each other.

The sad thing is I didnt EXPECT anything different.. just had a little hope that the premise of the thread could be appreciated and those who cant find anything positive just avoid it and let us all have a little fun.
You're both overreacting imho. It's human nature to debate - even in a thread where you don't want to debate. But no one here that I'm familiar with here enters a thread with the intent to 'shit on' anyone or anything.

SilentThreat

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

You're both overreacting imho. It's human nature to debate - even in a thread where you don't want to debate. But no one here that I'm familiar with here enters a thread with the intent to 'shit on' anyone or anything.

I disagree. My point of this was to have some fun and find positives. Less than a page into it there is a post basically telling everyone that the team is bad and if we all lay down and accept it we will be better off... that's not positive. We are also told it's a 3 - 13 team... so we have 15 weeks to win 2 more games now I guess 😉.

Its discouraging. It's not against the rules, and nobody to my knowledge got reported for it... doesnt mean we have to like it. 😎

Solitary Man

The Free Agent Vet
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Jimmy the peoples corner Moreland, and Fabian 1st round talent Moreau. They showed up.
Landon Collins is playing like a stud again.

Johnathon Allen does not have to get everyone amped up. He can focus on playing.
Daron, Montez, JA, RK and Chase all made big plays.

Everyone gets to eat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0