• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Offense!

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Been putting stuff in the gameday threads but want to get some discussions going on both sides of the ball. Will start a defense thread too.

Lets talk offense! We can talk philosophy, good, bad, play calling....

Start this out with Gibson.

He has skills that are special. I can see why there has been hype about him. This run likely ends in a loss of 3 for a lot of people.

LOS starts ~ 30 yard line

1. Free running LB fills the hole... gets beat.

2. Scherff pulls, and releases his block not realizing Gibson isn't already 4 yards down field because he had to dodge the LB. Makes that guy miss.

3. Free running FS crashes down, Gibson puts him on his ass with a juke

4. SS wraps him up at the 35 1/2... pushes forward and finally tackled at the 39.

Could have been a loss of 2... ends up a gain of 9.

Last edited:
Another situation where seconds and inches change the dynamic

1. Gibson is open at his break... ball needs to be on him there. The defense ahead of him had hesitated with the receivers coming off the line.

2. Inman is open as his break... more likely he can get up field if he gets the ball sooner

3. Inman's route is .5 yard short. If he's a step deeper it's a first down.

4. Inman stops running and sits down between the hashmarks beyond the first down marker. Allowing a bigger window between the two LBs sitting in soft zone.

ultimately Inman needs to get deeper but there are 4 other ways that play goes from being a missed conversion on 3rd down, to possibly a much more effective play.

Yeah I think Haskins will light it the hell up, if the team ever figures out the o-line’s blocking shittiness that is.

on another note has Love played at all?

Last edited:
Another situation where seconds and inches change the dynamic

Come on ST, you're putting the onus of this poor play entirely on Inman shoulders when Haskins made a poor pass...hit Inman in stride, his momentum is not slowed enough that the contact from the defender stops him.

Come on ST, you're putting the onus of this poor play entirely on Inman shoulders when Haskins made a poor pass...hit Inman in stride, his momentum is not slowed enough that the contact from the defender stops him.

my first two points were that Haskins should have gotten the ball out sooner....

Last edited:
Now if he can get what many players do - run the correct route and hold onto the ball when it's thrown to you :)

This makes me feel a bit better. You can see Haskins look quick to the RB and if they're covered he's moving on quickly instead of trying to force a throw. I've wondered a lot about why the RBs weren't more prevalent in the pass game and it appears that Turner wants to get them involved, defenses are scheming against it (which makes sense with threats lacking at WR not names McLaurin, and TE).

The first through could have used more air and been further outside to get McKissic more of a chance to separate from the LB.

They are missing Kelvin Harmon a lot more than folks realize. He was the guy you were beginning to see get open along with McLaurin and who posed a physical threat after catching the ball.

I did like the gameplan better this week. I liked the reverses, and a little more of an effort to get the ball to the RBs, but I still think we can do more. I swear I want to see the Chiefs style offense. New England did it for a long time too. Get the ball to the playmaker fast and let him do work. The plays were there to win the game.. they weren't executed. Take away the last pick and the fumble and we win the game.

Also, please do not hand the ball off to McLaurin on a jet sweep so he can hit a hole against an LB... Lets reserve that task for the other WRs / RBs

Big time example of how the stats lie. As Grant Paulsen points out he's got an easy pass and he doesn't take it. Play results in a sack.

IMHO, in the analytics world we live in now with PFF and other stuff.... we need to be able to establish QB sacks, and WR interceptions where the throw is on target and the WR runs the wrong route or it bounces off their chest and is caught by a defender.

Another spot where the eyes tell lies.

Wes Martin fails to chip the DT before releasing to the 2nd level. Hangs Roullier out to dry here. Proper blocking likely leaves McKissic 1 on 1 with an LB beyond the LOS instead of getting tackled 5 yards behind the line.

Forgive the tweet text. Multiple people quoted and replied to this guy telling him the same thing... that it's not all on Roullier, it's got a lot to do with Martin.

Don't want to see Roullier get manhandled like that though...

1. Yes it's Pass Interference.

now to the play. This is a really bad lower half by Haskins. He has room to step into the throw and he does it flat footed. Not surprisingly the ball is short and uncatchable. If he steps into this throw and drives it further down field it give McLaurin a chance to go get it. Defense has good coverage across the board so no guarantee it's not incomplete anyway, but not a good play by Haskins.

O-line did it's job. Great blitz pickup by McKissic.

Not trying to pile on but again a missed big play. The plays were absolutely out there on Sunday and we missed them

Inman is wide open between the hashmarks for about a 20 yard gain, and that's if the Safety comes up and makes the tackle... If Inman can get outside it goes further.

Not really sure what Logan Thomas is doing here, but it worked....

Last edited:

Heck of a block by Moses here. Flashes like this make you wish. Not only plants his guy but literally uses him to deflect the free blitzer.

Gonna break down Haskins in the Haskins thread...

Big time example of how the stats lie. As Grant Paulsen points out he's got an easy pass and he doesn't take it. Play results in a sack.

IMHO, in the analytics world we live in now with PFF and other stuff.... we need to be able to establish QB sacks, and WR interceptions where the throw is on target and the WR runs the wrong route or it bounces off their chest and is caught by a defender.

Need to watch that play to be certain it’s not 6 the other way if he lets it go. There are analytics for each of the categories you mentioned.

Need to watch that play to be certain it’s not 6 the other way if he lets it go. There are analytics for each of the categories you mentioned.

Yeah it's possible, but if Haskins puts it out at the numbers it's not getting picked off... and Haskins absolutely has the arm to do it.

I know there are analytics but it's not the standard. When you look at a QB stat line without digging a lot deeper into the abyss, it still attributes all INTs to QBs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.