• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Name Change

Dammit why can't this be the Giants or any other team dealing with this stupid shit. Swear it makes me wanna headbutt a kitten.

To be fair, their mascot is blackface for Natives. I hate that thing.

I've never understood why Chief Wahoo wasn't at the top of the list for the protest crowd. That's downright cringe worthy and the throwback stuff they trotted out a few years ago was even worse.

new-era-x-mlb-cleveland-indians-side-patch-cooperstown-59fifty-fitted-baseball-cap-2.jpg

Maybe now other sports fans will realise the truth, this is not about anything other than money.

To be fair, their mascot is blackface for Natives. I hate that thing.
I lived in Euclid back in the late '50s, can remember feeling something was not right about the logo.... too many teeth or something, scared me some as a kid.

So I guess I just got one question about 80% of the posts after my last one; not the content driven ones, of course.:

Do you guys/gals share a rag in this circle jerk, or do you bring yer own?! Crickets, it's a frekkin' NOVELA up in heah. I haven't seen this kinda catty behavior since I slummed on Deadspin. And that's one of the bona fide levels of HELL!!

Suck it up, pollyannas, we've got a few weeks here before shti gets serious. Mind on the prix!

#HailToEm !!

New team name will be the Milf's.

We had a team in my indoor soccer league several years back named DILF's until the league coordinator discovered what it meant and asked the team to change it. I had stopped playing by then, but the team made it 3 or 4 years with that name.

Sweet Jesus, I can't help but laugh at the comedic component in watching the "cause du jour" going viral and spiraling into a maelstrom of ridiculousness. If I didn't know better this would read like a parody written by The Onion.

I do like the notable level of snark in this thread, though-keep up the good work.

:)

Well, I may have missed this as being posted earlier, if so I apologize. Did look for it but did not see it.

Plaintiff in Redskins case urges Chiefs to change their name | ProFootballTalk

Yep, same Amanda Blackhorse that is behind the Skins name change. Overall, I don't know if this hurts more than helps her cause against the Redskins.

Interesting, because she doesn't say in this article why Chiefs is so offensive. It seems like she is just finding another name, hoping she can get them to change it, to put pressure on the Redskins.

I will say though, I asked a full blood Indian about the name Redskins. He told me that didn't offend him at all. He said that if anything, Chiefs is more offensive. His reasoning was not that people use it a slur. But rather that being a Chief is considered an honor. So he felt like that name would belittle something his tribe holds as a great honor.

I don't see this woman making that claim though. She just seems like she doesn't want any mention of anything Native American in American culture.

Well, I may have missed this as being posted earlier, if so I apologize. Did look for it but did not see it.

Yep, same Amanda Blackhorse that is behind the Skins name change. Overall, I don't know if this hurts more than helps her cause against the Redskins.

Here's a great comment from that silly article...

galvestontexans says:
Jun 26, 2014 12:28 PM
Her last name offends me I think it should just be horse. I mean why do we have to point out the color of the horse?

Yep, there's no end to this if we end up being forced to rename. Sky's the limit with that crowd.

I do agree with what one poster said about Ms. Blackhorse......I mean why does she have to categorize a horses fur? Those horses may be offended now.

Go right to the source and ask the horse.
He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse.
He's always on a steady course.
Talk to Mister Ed.

So I did.
He, as well as other horses are now offended and want her to drop the 'horse' part of her name off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.