• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Most Watched You Tube Video of All Time

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
PSY's Gangam Style is now the most watched You Tube video of all time with-as of this posting-835 million views.

Wow.

(I have it on my HD, BTW, it's just too much fun to resist. :))

Faith in humanity-restored!

The same was said about your generation Mike and mine with Duran Duran and men at Work! :laugh:

I prefer this version: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cG7ZVBXQII[/media]

Or my generation with the Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, Clapton, Led Zep.....etc.

Our parents absolutely hated them.

Every generation is bored by it's parents music.

And the previous generation hates the music the kids love.

I guess I'm weird though, I still like my generation's music, plus the music of the 1980s and 1990s, plus hip-hop, plus reggae, plus metal, plus alternative, plus classical and jazz and even opera-the list goes on and on...

And this year especially Gangam Style-the most fun music vid I've seen in quite a while.

I do relate, however, in finding most "boy bands", plus Bieber, plus musical insipidness like Carly Rae Jepson nearly unendurable. I watched the entire American Music Awards because I waited for PSY's performance and was eye-poppingly astonished at how boring the music seemed. (Props to 'em for Linkin Park's award tho'-but where the hell was Florence and the Machine, fer Chrissakes?!?) :)

Or my generation with the Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, Clapton, Led Zep.....etc.

Our parents absolutely hated them.

Every generation is bored by it's parents music.

And the previous generation hates the music the kids love.

I guess I'm weird though, I still like my generation's music, plus the music of the 1980s and 1990s, plus hip-hop, plus reggae, plus metal, plus alternative, plus classical and jazz and even opera-the list goes on and on...

And this year especially Gangam Style-the most fun music vid I've seen in quite a while.

I do relate, however, in finding most "boy bands", plus Bieber, plus musical insipidness like Carly Rae Jepson nearly unendurable. I watched the entire American Music Awards because I waited for PSY's performance and was eye-poppingly astonished at how boring the music seemed. (Props to 'em for Linkin Park's award tho'-but where the hell was Florence and the Machine, fer Chrissakes?!?) :)
Yep. And seriously, how could you watch this and not be disappointed in the American concert experience in comparison?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX372ZwXOEM[/media]

Yep. And seriously, how could you watch this and not be disappointed in the American concert experience in comparison?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX372ZwXOEM[/media]

We must either
1) have vastly different taste in music, or
2) have been going to vastly different shows.

Besides the uniform crowd response, it doesn't look any better or worse than concerts I've been too in the past (other genres).

We must either
1) have vastly different taste in music, or
2) have been going to vastly different shows.

Besides the uniform crowd response, it doesn't look any better or worse than concerts I've been too in the past (other genres).
My comment had nothing to do with the music. It was more to do with the fact that the average American concert experience is dead compared to this. I don't listen to pop at all, maybe this is normal for a pop concert. But I have been to exactly 150 rock concerts at different venues around the country featuring major artists, and not a single one was on the level of production and crowd enthusiasm that this little bastard's concert appeared to have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.