• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The 'Let's ****ing Go!' Good vs. Evil Incarnate Dallas Up Next Official Week 14 Game Thread

I have a warm spot in my heart for Taylor. I love his competitiveness, his resolve, and his moxie.

Yesterday, on nearly every throw, I started anticipating the worst and that warm feeling turned into heartburn.

The offense in general shit the bed across the board. Most of the game it looked like boys against men on that side of the ball.

Watching Parsons elite athleticism on display yesterday had me wondering…has Del Rio ever tried to deploy Jamin Davis in a similar disruptor scheme?

He is clearly raw yet improving, but it seems to me that his size and speed could be utilized more creatively to wreak havoc.

Agree with just about all of your post Boone, other than Turner’s commitment to the run. The o-line obviously is banged up and shit the bed yesterday, it happens. But Turner definitely got away from what’s been working extremely well in the previous 4 games.

For whatever his reasoning he neglects all of his available resources on offense. Patterson had 4 carries on the day, and that’s just pitiful imo. Even with just 4 carries he managed to churn out 29 yards, almost matching Gibson’s output, with less than 1/2 the carries at that. Why JP wasn’t afforded more chances when he was most certainly earning them is something only Turner can answer.

Turner definitely did not have the run game in the game plan yesterday. When they did run, it was not effective. But he also didn’t stick with it or give it a try. This is the play selection in the 1st quarter:

Drive 1 - Pass, Run, Pass, Pass, Punt
Drive 2 - Run, Pass, Pass (int)
Drive 3 - Run, Pass (scramble), Pass, Run, Pass, Pass, Pass (sack, fumble, TD)

Even though it was early, the game was probably out of hand from that point on. So anything after that, I think you can throw out the window. I’ve never agreed with that philosophy, but it’s what NFL coaches throughout the history of football have done.

But on your opening 3 drives, you call only 4 runs and 10 passes. That’s not having the run game in the game plan. Maybe they thought they could throw on Dallas, get a lead, then run. But that didn’t happen and instead the ball was put into the hands of the QB who had a brutal game. To me, the most impressive game was the Bucs game. TB has the number 1 rush defense, they still do. Yet we ran and ran and ran and ran. It wasn’t pretty and it wasn’t always effective. But it was a commitment to playing keep away and it worked.

One more thing on the coaching. The Team was just thoroughly outcoached yesterday. Not just the Dallas defense having their way with the offense. But on offense, Dallas took the Team’s approach of dinking and dunking and playing keep away. I think it caused Turner to panic on offense and think he had to play catch-up in a hurry. But Dallas was patient most of the day. It was the Team’s blueprint to success recently and they used it against them.

Kel - that ratio is probably the average across the entire NFL - every game, every week.

Kel - that ratio is probably the average across the entire NFL - every game, every week.

Probably true. Except that’s not the formula they have been following during the win streak. That’s where the frustration comes in. Teams will do what works for them. The Bills didn’t hand the ball off until deep in the game yesterday because that’s what they do. The Football Tram established an identity of running the football early and often. They would control the ball and the clock and it worked. Then either by design or by panic, they got away from that in a huge game. I know yesterday was not the end all be all game. They still control their destiny with the tie breaker edge and all games against conference teams. But a win yesterday would have really been big. And they got away from what they have been doing well.

It takes alot of testicular fortitude to say you are going to commit to the run game and actually do it.

You see coaches say it all the time but abandon it when it doesn't immediately hit. The only coach in the league right now that has the hutzpah to do it is Belichick.

According to Bram on Keim's pod, they were trying to break some tendencies thinking they'd catch Dallas off guard but Dallas' front blew it up.
The offense's strength is being physical and running the ball. Oline attrition was just too much to over come.

Sometimes success is dictated by talent level.

Sometimes. Like yesterday. Dallas’ d-line was the dominate unit on the field yesterday. WFT’s o-line was the weakest unit on the field yesterday.

I’d have no issue with what you guys are arguing - except that they DID try to run the ball - and Dallas was having none of it. They certainly could’ve continued running Gibson into Dallas D Lineman 20 or 25 more times but I’m not convinced that wins this game for us.

Bottom line - when your OL gets dominated you are going to struggle in the passing game and the rushing game. Pick your poison.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.