• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The 'Let's ****ing Go!' Good vs. Evil Incarnate Dallas Up Next Official Week 14 Game Thread

What a shitshow of a stadium, makes ya wonder how competent the maintenance staff actually is between the field and facility

We shit the bed today. There is no way to pretty it up. We sucked on all fronts.

It happens. Every team does it. It's how we get up and come back next week that will matter.

What a shitshow of a stadium, makes ya wonder how competent the maintenance staff actually is between the field and facility

I've felt for years, they have pretty much given up on the stadium hoping for a new one. Now things are falling apart and it's just the latest embarrassment tied to the organization.

If you told me that Prescott would throw 2 INTs, we would hold Elliott to 45 yards, and we would largely contain Cooper and Lamb who combined for 111 receiving yards, I would have said the opportunity was there to win.

The problem is we played like the moment was too big for us today in a meaningful game vs. Dallas. Obviously, we shot ourselves in the foot too many times. Additionally, I thought we panicked a bit too early at 4th and 3 down 11-0 and things went sideways from there.

If you told me that Prescott would throw 2 INTs, we would hold Elliott to 45 yards, and we would largely contain Cooper and Lamb who combined for 111 receiving yards, I would have said the opportunity was there to win.

The problem is we played like the moment was too big for us today in a meaningful game vs. Dallas. Obviously, we shot ourselves in the foot too many times. Additionally, I thought we panicked a bit too early at 4th and 3 down 11-0 and things went sideways from there.

From what I could tell, the defense did their job. They weren't perfect and could have made more plays. But as you mention, they allowed no big plays, forced dallas to stay underneath, and overall shutdown Elliott. The problem was all on the offensive side of the ball. What did they have like 30 yards in the first half to go along with an INT and a fumble returned for a TD. That's a tremendous hole to dig out of. It's especially difficult to get out of when you fumble again as you are gaining momentum and then fumble with a chance to tie the game late. You won't win like that no matter how well the defense plays.

For what it's worth, I've expected to split with Dallas, and sweep Philly and the Giants. Still in the hunt...

Worst game of the season for this OL. That was a killer. Could not open up holes in the run game to save their lives, and Heinicke was under godawful pressure all game long, and didn't respond well to it. McLaurin was blanketed by Diggs and was a non-factor. Take Heinicke, Gibson, and McLaurin out of the mix and what chance do we really have?

Worst game of the season for this OL. That was a killer. Could not open up holes in the run game to save their lives, and Heinicke was under godawful pressure all game long, and didn't respond well to it. McLaurin was blanketed by Diggs and was a non-factor. Take Heinicke, Gibson, and McLaurin out of the mix and what chance do we really have?

I would have liked to see what McLaurin would have done in the 2nd half. He should have held on to the ball where he got hurt, but I'm not faulting him for that since it was obviously a hard enough fall to knock him out of the game. But the offense was so dreadful in the first half. Whether dallas backed off in the 2nd half or the offense got going, it would have been interesting to see what Terry does with the offense moving the ball.

Gibson, woof. No running lanes and then putting the ball on the ground again in a big spot. That's just not acceptable no matter how tough of a day you are having.

Another thing that was worrisome: The OC had no answers for pressure.

No designed roll outs, ran jet sweep fakes but never actually used a jet sweep.

BTW, does anybody else notice that they don't run slant routes in the quick passing game anymore? Why is that? Seems like guys like Terry,the Ghost(Samuel),Sims would do well on that type of route....
When your Oline is getting it's ass kicked, seems like these would be sensible adjustments to make but we never see that.

Wonder why?

Another thing that was worrisome: The OC had no answers for pressure.

No designed roll outs, ran jet sweep fakes but never actually used a jet sweep.

BTW, does anybody else notice that they don't run slant routes in the quick passing game anymore? Why is that? Seems like guys like Terry,the Ghost(Samuel),Sims would do well on that type of route....
When your Oline is getting it's ass kicked, seems like these would be sensible adjustments to make but we never see that.

Wonder why?
The OC had no answers, and didn't really have a good plan from the get-go. He just hates running and was back to his usual tendencies. 10 carries for Gibson? Really? That is just ridiculous. He went away from the run WAY too early in this game. Anytime the running game looks like it is slow going, he abandons it. These last few weeks looked different; we had some slow starts, he stuck with it, and he we got some Ws. Today, once again, he had Taylor throwing way too much, and the Cowboys really had some fun with this idiotic strategy. This OL cannot block any DL that knows exactly what is coming, and today featured some of the most predictable calls imaginable. The main issue here is, there was plenty of time and the game was not out of reach, but Scott fell into his old tendencies and it often looked like Dallas had his playbook in their hands. In a bad season for Scott (in my opinion), this may have been his worst day.

I hear you guys on the run game - but I think it's also a little overstated. We have been rushing our asses off for a month now. Pretty sure Turner had something to do with that and notices the benefits :) But if you are the OC, your O-line is getting dominated in a huge game, and you quickly find yourself down by 10+ points, it's harder to just stubbornly 'stick to the game plan'. I guess my question is, how many times do you think you, as the theoretical OC, are going to watch Gibson rush for 1-2 yds or less as you fall further and further behind on the scoreboard before you decide it's not working and move to a more pass heavy attack? With McKissic out of the game, basically it's Gibson. And when Gibson is not effective, you can be pretty sure Patterson isn't going to fare any better. We're also ignoring the fact that Gibson fumbled another one in a critical situation, so not wanting to lean on him is somewhat understandable. Finally, the idea that as soon as the other team shuts down the run Turner abandons it simply isn't true. We've seen versions of that in almost all our wins and he kept calling a rush-heavy attack. The difference was, we didn't fall behind 18-0 in any of those games.

I really think we overthink things sometimes guys. We played badly. We're beat up almost everywhere (I've literally lost count of how many guys have gone to IR) and the guys we do have out there didn't play very well. It's not always about the gameplan, or the coaching, or how motivated the players are. When you have inferior talent and have a bad day on top of that - it generally doesn't go well.

And I want to mention the officiating. Has there EVER in the history of the NFL been a team that gets less home team calls than Washington? Maybe the benches or the Dallas crowd confused them? But good lord, the Cowboys needed no extra help from the officials yesterday but they got it over and over again. They even called what was an absolutely clear Cam Sims TD reception incomplete before we challenged and it was overturned - what are you even LOOKING at refs?

Yesterday was disappointing, but my gut instinct was always that I could see us getting blown up. We've been winning inexplicably despite imperfect play with numerous subs and replacements at key spots for weeks. I hate Dallas, but they do have some insanely talented players on both sides of the ball. At best, I think we hoped to split our 2 games with them (and that is still possible). Winning the division was always very unlikely and yesterday probably guaranteed that, but I'm not sure anyone other than WFT fans is surprised by what happened.

I hated to see Heinicke 'regress' if we want to call it that. To cut him a little slack, he was getting gang-rushed from the first play onward and took way more punishment than he should have. If I have a whipping boy for yesterday, it is our OL who absolutely failed to show up, either in pass pro or run blocking. Worst effort of the year (lead the way once again by the most overrated and overpaid guard in the league). They were absolutely embarrassed and that was on those individuals - not Scott Turner. You can't pass block, you can't stop committing penalties in key spots, you can't open up holes in the run game - what gameplan fixes those things, I'd love to know?

You sort of hope to not see Heinicke do what he seems compelled to do when we get behind, which is to press, try to do too much, force the ball, and make bad decisions. He did all those things yesterday and more than a few times. I think part of it is just his 'I hear the theme to 'Rocky' in my head' personality. On a good day, it works for him, because he'll only break it out a handful of times. But yesterday he was not in control of himself. I will say, I think he played hurt most of the game and that may have been the biggest factor in some of those errant throws, but still. It was ugly and he looked like the worst version of himself coming on the heels of 4 games that had some of us thinking maybe he could be a long-term solution. That doesn't 'undo' all of the good things he has done this season, but it makes them feel like a distant memory. All QBs have games like this - which in the moment doesn't make any of us feel better. We'll have to see if he can bounce back or if they go to Kyle Allen down the stretch.

Last edited:
Hear you John.
It was a bad day for the whole team all the way around.
Just hate that after a bad game, all the (to quote Al Galdi) Tayters are out in full force...lol. Like, where were you the last four weeks?

Very interested in how the team responds next week. Hell, I wonder if they have enough healthy pieces to respond with?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.