• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Case Against a 'Splash' QB Move

Word coming out of WFAN radio (New York sports radio ) yesterday was that the new regime in NY is not hellbent on moving on from Darnold . I get the feeling they believe the same thing we've been saying about him, solid QB with potential but was in a bad situation. They may give him another shot and use that #2 pick to build around him. I always take pre draft fodder for what it is:cool:

the smartest thing they could do is trade a haul for that no. 2 pick and rebuild that roster.

I think the problem is finding a suitor(s) who is willing to pay your price. I haven’t looked at data but it just seems like big draft move ups are not as common as they used to be?

I think the problem is finding a suitor(s) who is willing to pay your price. I haven’t looked at data but it just seems like big draft move ups are not as common as they used to be?

fair, but i would be trotting around the yard right now shopping the hell out of the number 2 pick, unless they love Penei Sewell the same way we loved Chase Young. Open the phone lines up and see what happens... worst case scenario they pick between Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, and the best OT prospect since Trent Williams.

Last edited:
if we pick up Justin Fields I will scream.

They may love Mac Jones... who knows? That's one thing about this current regime - they do not telegraph what they are thinking. I don't think I've ever seen a time when the local media guys and national 'experts' are so consistently wrong about what is going on and what the team will ultimately do. They literally have no better idea than the average fan what is going to transpire. There are a number of boom or bust QBs in this draft, guys that depending on who you listen to either have huge ceilings or huge bust potential. I think Mac Jones falls into that category.

I haven't heard anybody mention Mac Jones

He's included in our "BGO Mock Draft" where members can vote on who they want to take

He's absolutely an option there, but his lack of mobility would contradict what Rivera has looked for in the past... i wonder if he's worth 19... maybe trade back and get him in the mid - late 20s?

They may love Mac Jones... who knows? That's one thing about this current regime - they do not telegraph what they are thinking. I don't think I've ever seen a time when the local media guys and national 'experts' are so consistently wrong about what is going on and what the team will ultimately do. They literally have no better idea than the average fan what is going to transpire. There are a number of boom or bust QBs in this draft, guys that depending on who you listen to either have huge ceilings or huge bust potential. I think Mac Jones falls into that category.

This may be the single greatest thing that the new regime has brought to this organization.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.