• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Butler Needs to Get Paid

C'mon guys! You know dang well why this came about.

How many times over the years have we seen teams drafting high, draft a guy, he turns into a complete bust or worse, suffers a career ending injury, and the team is stuck with a contract that kills their cap for years??

Someone having to wait three years before they can renegotiate a deal? Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Plus it put an end to the vaunted, Rookie Holdout.

Remember Heath Shuler? He fits the above mentioned examples.....

Couldn't agree more...

does Morris deserve more money? YEP... will he get it when the time the opportunity is there? YEP.

Do i think the NFL and 32 other team should ammend the CBA because for the first time since the dawn of time a rookie RB came out and set a single season rushing record for his franchise? NOPE. He's a 6th round pick, he's an absolute beast and he does deserve more money.. but you cant bash the CBA that Alfred Morris is the EXCEPTION to, and not the RULE...

To sit here and say that because of Alfred Morris the CBA is unacceptable is ridiculous.

Well he earned one, he won't actually be paid the bonus until March 2016.

This post is why I have a problem with the school of thought that the CBA shouldn't be redone just because of one guy. I agree with you all that once something is agreed upon, it should stay that way until the opportunity comes to make changes. No problem there. But if these rookies aren't getting their performance bonuses because of salary cap shenanigans performed by the owners (or whatever the eff is going on), then all of the sudden rules apparently don't apply to the owners unless they want them to apply (or something like that), which is crap.

I don't think the CBA should be reworked, but I do think Alfred should get paid his performance bonus. Like now.

We finally draft a gem and get a great amount of production for very little money and you cant wait to pay him more???... haha

Chances are Shanny eventually finds another back and we never pay him greatly. Maybe we can trade him next year for a shutdown corner?

One does not simply replace high character guys like Morris. It's not that I can't wait to pay him more, it's because he deserves it. He ran rampant on our hated rivals in the East. Pay the man.

You're beating a dead horse dude.
He's under contract.
We cant change that.
Moveon.org

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Dead horse?

No **** he's under contract. Since when did fans become so callous? Just trying to show the Butler some well deserved love. Dude will be a core Redskin for years to come. Book it. Character, heart, and talent. Dude is a bulldozer.

Skins should lock him up ASAP.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Dead horse?

No **** he's under contract. Since when did fans become so callous? Just trying to show the Butler some well deserved love. Dude will be a core Redskin for years to come. Book it. Character, heart, and talent. Dude is a bulldozer.

Ok, so....what's the point you're trying to make again?

At first, I thought this was a posting while drunk thread. Then the OP kept going.

There is no way you could do this with every player. Every team's cap would be a mess. You cannot compare the sports world to the real world. I see that all the time and it's just 360 degrees of different.

Almo will get his, but I think it will be with another team. Shanahan doesn't pay high dollar for RBs.

Shanahan doesn't pay high dollar for RBs.
I'm not quite convinced of that.

We know he didn't pay "high dollar" for Portis, preferring to trade him. But Portis' personality and attitude--along with threatening to hold out after his 2nd season if he didn't get a pay raise--is not usually the types of things Shanahan lets slide anyway. Morris will be the exact opposite with Shanahan, I believe...he'll be more humble, more appreciative, and can't see for one nanosecond that he'd threaten to do anything if his contract wasn't renegotiated. Plus, Bruce Allen has shown himself to be incredibly deft at handling contracts...he can find a way of giving Morris "high dollar" without it actually being all that high.

Shanahan doesn't pay high dollar for RBs.

I'm not quite convinced of that.

We know he didn't pay "high dollar" for Portis, preferring to trade him. But Portis' personality and attitude--along with threatening to hold out after his 2nd season if he didn't get a pay raise--is not usually the types of things Shanahan lets slide anyway. Morris will be the exact opposite with Shanahan, I believe...he'll be more humble, more appreciative, and can't see for one nanosecond that he'd threaten to do anything if his contract wasn't renegotiated. Plus, Bruce Allen has shown himself to be incredibly deft at handling contracts...he can find a way of giving Morris "high dollar" without it actually being all that high.

The Broncos extended Terrell Davis in his second year, after becoming the lowest-drafted RB to ever rush for over 1,000 yards in his rookie season. Granted, big-money contracts were a little different then, but they could have kept him on his rookie deal.

One year is too soon to be having this discussion. Sports history is full of one-year wonders. If Alfred turns in another Pro Bowl caliber season, and keeps showing signs of being the kind of character guy we think he is so far ... then yes. Let's talk.

But not after one year.

Dead horse?

Callous? I love the guy. He IS locked up. I have not said one thing derogatory about AM46... Not one. I showed him the love by rooting for him, by voting for him for the probowl for rookie of the week for rookie of the month, don't give me this callous horse****.

Can we move on until it comes to a point where the team can ACTUALLY, UNDER RULES deal with a contract extension for this kid??? You know AFTER HIS 3RD YEAR AS PER THE CBA.

If he's still on the team, still putting up good numbers and still healthy he qualifies for a major raise. Doing it and talking about it are 2 entirely different things my friend.

I like ALfred Morris a lot. The kid is just genuine, but if his value is in a trade like they got in Denver for a number of their big RB's, then so be it. I love the idea of a player being with the team his whole career, but we're talking about 21st century football...the Darrell Green's of the world are few and far between.

If Alfred Morris comes out and runs for another 1500 yards and Shanahan trades him for a Champ Bailey quality player...I don't care. He will plug another work horse in there.

I am with DM...for now, he's locked up. Let's enjoy watching him run another 1500 this upcoming season.

Be careful what you wish for...Shanny had a few RBs have decent seasons after Portis left, but nobody came close to his production. Also, with the value of elite corners getting higher and higher, I doubt we see a trade like that again. Unless there's a similar situation like Bailey had here, but even then, I think its a long shot.

We finally draft a gem and get a great amount of production for very little money and you cant wait to pay him more???... haha

Kinda like finally getting a franchise QB, then complaining about seeing too much of him! ;)

I keed, I keed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.