• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

The real question is… can they get his name on an honorary jersey for his press conference

He has ties to Michael Jordan… wonder if there’s a group since he doesn’t seem to have the juice in his own?

It’s hard watching these ‘small time billionaires‘ struggle to raise the money to buy an NFL team. How long before they open it up to corporations?

The Dallas Coca Colas vs the Washington Nikes.

What’s making this more confusing than it should be is that this occurred weeks ago (touring of facility). Quite possible a deal is done in principle despite these kinds of seeming contradictory leaks.

I have wondered the same, Chris.

With the NFL's current rules for financing the purchase of a franchise, we have a very small pool of individuals who could realistically buy a team. That pool is only going to get smaller as team values increase.

Honestly, waiting for Middle Eastern countries to get in on the action as they have in the soccer world. While they hide behind technicalities and non-descript names to semi-mask who owns a club, the reality is that Manchester City, Newcastle United, and PSG are all owned by elements of the governments of the UAE, Saudia Arabia, and Qatar - respectively. I figure it is only a matter of time before the NFL becomes a purchase target as well.

What’s making this more confusing than it should be is that this occurred weeks ago (touring of facility). Quite possible a deal is done in principle despite these kinds of seeming contradictory leaks.
Until there is ink on the contract, no deal is really done.

Especially when the guy selling has no honor. Dan is going to entertain any offer he wants as long as he owns the team.

I hear you. I’m just saying all the stuff this week indicating more ‘bidders’ is likely old news and we may well know something before long.

Keim just reported that the supposed ‘new bidder’ toured facilities at least 2 weeks ago. So that report is factually wrong.

He has ties to Michael Jordan… wonder if there’s a group since he doesn’t seem to have the juice in his own?

Hmm interesting take since MJ is looking to sell his majority stake in the Hornets. Could the NFL have a more popular minority owner as in color than MJ if he just had a stake in the Commanders? I'd wager not

Unless he wanted to tour the facilities before placing a bid. Not sure if that is allowed but it should be if an interested party has the wherewithal to bid.

I hear you. I’m just saying all the stuff this week indicating more ‘bidders’ is likely old news and we may well know something before long.

Keim just reported that the supposed ‘new bidder’ toured facilities at least 2 weeks ago. So that report is factually wrong.

Maybe there was no bid placed and was an interested party. I looked at 12 properties before I put a bid on my current house. Now there's a bid.

Yeah, guys agree with all your points. I just think at this point I wouldn’t put a lot of stock in anything being put out there as factual. Too much murkiness in these reports to rely on any of them.

Only thing I would factor in is that Schefter is pretty much the godfather of NFL news on twitter.

Snyder probably Snydering to pump up the bidding.

Me everyday

04E6E5FE-7965-458C-82FF-8864A36254ED.gif

So now he’s begging Bezos for a bid because he’s not getting as much as he wants. I’m sure also his little ego wants Bezos to bid so he can tell Bezos no, whereas right now, Bezos hasn’t given him the attention he wants.

In the Post, there’s an article about how the Commanders and NBCSports couldn’t come to a deal and all Washington football coverage will be dropped.

If I’m a bidder for this team, my bid just dropped. The team doesn’t have local sports’ shows? If part of the job is to reengage the local community this just makes that harder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.