• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

The silence is to be expected and considered normal.

I hope you’re right. With the amount of interest in the story, and with the amount of reporters from various interest angles (sports, financial, entertainment, etc) it seems odd to me that nothing, NOTHING, has leaked.

BDB09C67-9689-4757-A12E-D011A455D485.jpeg

I did a lot of looking at past transactions in the NFL and there just isn't a lot of info that comes out during this time. The process is very private and secretive. The only people who know what is happening are the bidders, current owners, and the bankers. The first two groups have financial reasons to keep quiet and the last group needs to maintain confidentiality to ensure they will be considered for future transactions of this type.

I'm sure reporters are trying to find out what is happening but I doubt anyone with any real knowledge will give them anything of substance.

Last edited:
I did a lot of looking at past transactions in the NFL and there just isn't a lot of info that comes out during this time. The process is very private and secretive. The only people who know what is happening are the bidders, current owners, and the bankers. The first two groups have financial reasons to keep quiet and the last group needs to maintain confidentiality to ensure they will be considered for future transactions of this type.

I'm sure reporters are trying to find out what is happening but I doubt anyone with any real knowledge will give them anything of substance.

Now that you mention it, it's SOP for a lot of businesses to conduct completely in confidentiality. I've been a part of a couple acquisitions of businesses and we've actually been, not only advised, but strongly.... 'told' that it's in the strictest of confidence because of a multitude of reasons.... it is a deafening silence from all sides, even in the transparent world we currently live in.

Yep, just exactly.

A decade ago I worked for a company that was acquired by Dell. Folks from Dell moved into an office in the campus complex where our HQ was located to do the required due diligence before the acquisition went public. They didn't wear any Dell-branded clothing and didn't put up any Dell logos anywhere around the office. Our HQ staff was told nothing of who they were and whenever anyone asked about the "new" tenants our senior officers straight up lied about it. The eventual announcement that we were being acquired came as a total shock everyone which was wild because we had been one of those companies with an active internal grapevine where very little was ever secret, at least among those of us who were trusted.

Now granted, Dell was a publicly traded company at the time (SEC ramifications there) and Washington is not, but even so I can think of any number of reasons that none of those involved would want to leak information.

I believe this is a big win for the ladies that have continued to fight

House Oversight report will be released at noon. Doubt there are any bombshells but you never know.

Yeah, I expect it to be a recap of what we already know, but having a detailed report in the public sphere will be a good thing. The NFL wanted to control what came out, the full details will let people make up their own minds.

I don't get how this is a partisan issue at all either. Maybe some of their allegations are true....they didn't ask Allen XYZ or didn't interview any current members of the organization. ok...then make that change when you control the committee and put a bow on it if you think that makes him look better. I don't get the circle the wagons on this.

They are trying to pin all of the culture issues on Bruce Allen - as if we are supposed to believe Snyder wasn’t aware of, supportive of and condoning it every step of the way. It appears the GOP report shows sharing of naked cheerleader pics via email.

I have no doubt Bruce participated.

I also have no doubt that the culture was in place and very much alive before Bruce arrived and stayed in place after he left.

The only continuous thread running through this org from 99 to today is Dan.

#notgonnareleasethereport

NFL officials "were acting like they were doing something," Maloney told ESPN. "Then they turn around and fix it so she can't talk. Her report is never going to be made public, yet she was supposed to be hired to address it. The hypocrisy. The coordinated effort to hide what they acknowledged."

Confirmed - it was Snyder’s people who leaked the Bruce Allen/Gruden emails.

GOP rebuttal apparently included nude photos of employees? Wow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.