• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

I wonder if Snyder will take a page out of the John McAfee playbook and hide from authorities on his yacht.

So Snyder is apparently "unavailable" to appear

"Dan and his lawyer are unavailable on the date provided by the committee for the deposition. For that reason and because many of the due process concerns have yet to be addressed, Dan's lawyer could not accept service," a source close to Snyder said.
"Dan's lawyers were in touch with the committee on Friday and throughout the weekend trying to set up a call to discuss a path forward for additional cooperation and to address the remaining due process concerns," the source said.

and here is the response from the HOC

Last edited:
What a cowardly POS Snyder is. Just unbelievable.

What a cowardly POS Snyder is. Just unbelievable.

It has started crossing my mind recently (and forgive me if anybody takes this the wrong way) that I almost don't want this team to figure it out and win under Dan's watch. Why should that dirtbag get to reap the benefits of any success this team might have in future seasons? He doesn't deserve it. We deserve it more than any other fanbase in pro sports arguably. But Snyder?! He sure doesn't.

Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled if this team can return to glory. However, seeing Snyder lift the Lombardi - something wouldn't feel right.

Oh I absolutely have had those thoughts. Reaching a point where you have to start questioning your support of a team owned by him.

Alternative thought...

A winning team is worth more than what we have now. I don't mean a Championship team but one that is obviously in the running for the playoffs and looks like it might challenge in the next couple of years. Combining a bigger sale price with the prospect of a continuing PR/investigative/subpoena headache might entice the Dan to finally sell. Granted, and before anyone points it out, this is a rational, logical thought and Dan has never been famous for either of those things.

It's almost impossible not to question your loyalty to this team. I think we all try to separate on field from off field, but sometimes you look at that line and you wonder about how much traction you to stay up on that slippery slope.

Alternative thought...

A winning team is worth more than what we have now. I don't mean a Championship team but one that is obviously in the running for the playoffs and looks like it might challenge in the next couple of years. Combining a bigger sale price with the prospect of a continuing PR/investigative/subpoena headache might entice the Dan to finally sell. Granted, and before anyone points it out, this is a rational, logical thought and Dan has never been famous for either of those things.

I’m not sure about that, Bob. The vast majority of a teams revenues are shared ones. (Tv, non-suite dollars, etc.) Without a state-of-the-art stadium, which would take years of development, I don’t think that the teams value would change significantly.

There are plenty of billionaires ready to wait in line and overpay for a legal license to print money. In Washington? Probably even more.

Our best, and probably only hope, is for the other owner’s to cut bait.

When there is no football and no football news, and the only news is about the weasel in charge of the organization, it definitely weighs on my fandom. When the game starts and it’s about football, it’s not as much of a weight on me. It’s not because I don’t think about it, it’s just that being a fan for me is much bigger than one person. I’ve said this before when people argue about the QB, coach, GM, etc. Being a Redskins fan wasn’t about following or rooting for one player, it was about the team I grew up watching and loving. Sticking with them through thick and thin. Hoping they could turn it around or win even when it seemed impossible. There are always players and coaches I didn’t like and wanted to see gone. But because they were there I didn’t stop rooting. I just wanted to see them gone. It’s the same with Snyder. I love the team, I can’t stand that guy. I want him gone because of what he has done.

The NFL needs to act because he won’t do the right thing and step aside or sell. The value of the team going up or down won’t matter to him. He will do anything it takes to not sell. The NFL needs to step in. It’s just crazy that with all we know and how the NFL pretends to care about the latest thing, they just sit by while an owner presided and possibly participated in a culture of sexual harassment and assault. We know he participated in covering it up, intimidating victims, and trying to sweep it under the rug. They need to force this action, because it won’t happen any other way.

The only hope is that Snyder changes his mind.

Recall he said he would NEVER change the name of the team? Well, when additional gas was put on the fire, he backed off pretty quickly in 2019.

So, perhaps a couple of years in purgatory and not being front and center in team ops will be embarrassing enough for him to sell and walk away into the sunset with a more than tidy profit.

The only hope is that Snyder changes his mind.

Recall he said he would NEVER change the name of the team? Well, when additional gas was put on the fire, he backed off pretty quickly in 2019.

So, perhaps a couple of years in purgatory and not being front and center in team ops will be embarrassing enough for him to sell and walk away into the sunset with a more than tidy profit.

I wish I had your optimism.

I have absolutely no belief that short of murder, rape, or proof of racist communications will the other owners vote to take the team away from him.

It would be akin to someone on Epstein’s fantasy island list voting for the list to be made public.

Why the Oversight Committee is letting Dan Snyder dictate the terms of his 'participation' is beyond me. They are saying they reserve the right to 'compel' Snyder to appear to address any unanswered questions 'upon his return to the United States' if necessary. Snyder wins.

Sad. Truly.

Granted, nothing short of a SEAL team could successfully deliver a subpoena to Snyder at the moment but if I were the committee, I'd be holding to him testifying under subpoena and oath just to force him to either stay away indefinitely or do it the way I wanted. This way, he will just hide behind the NDAs.

Not to defend Snyder in any way. But, what power does Congress really have over him?

He's already snubbed them several times, and now just doing what he wants. He's got his team to tell him what to say, and it's going to be as effective as the one mark Zuckerberg did.

This is a waste of my tax money and will result in nothing in my opinion.

Can't really argue with any of that. But I think letting him off the hook with a 'deposition' vs. leaving that subpoena hanging out there and forcing him to figure out how to continue to refuse it is pretty weak. If nothing else, having an NFL owner literally thumb his nose at a Congressional subpoena is a terrible look and if nothing else, they should have continued to apply that pressure.

Instead, he's going to answer only those questions he wants to and we'll be lucky if the public even gets details on what was asked and what responses Congress got.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.