• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

LET'S GO!!

Chris

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Goodell just might be the best CEO going at artfully dodging posed questions so nothing formative will come from his apperance.

Snyder is going to run out the clock until November.

MikefromOH

The Hall of Famer
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Navy

Dan is smart enough to know he can do this and not get in trouble. Congress? They're a joke and I'd laugh the entire time if I showed up for any dog and pony show they tried to force on me.

As soon as they asked me a question I'd fire one back about their own personal lives and see how quickly they stopped.

The real way to stop Dan is to get the owners to vote he has to sell. The rest of this is just a waste of time and my money.

SilentThreat

Super Bowl MVP
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

True, but the more embarrassment he causes the league, the better. These things just pile that on. As Goodell and others have to keep answering the questions, the more frustrated the other owners may get. No guarantee to work... but it can't hurt

MikefromOH

The Hall of Famer
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Navy

True, but the more embarrassment he causes the league, the better. These things just pile that on. As Goodell and others have to keep answering the questions, the more frustrated the other owners may get. No guarantee to work... but it can't hurt
I'm not for using Congress to do a job that the boss can't. They seem either afraid or incompetent.

SilentThreat

Super Bowl MVP
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

Not shocking that Snyder declined to appear at the hearings, even after they've suggested he can do it remotely.

Committee fires back

Chris

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

The two-page letter from lawyer Karen Patton Seymour, who is representing Snyder in this matter, to Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney (D-N.Y.), the panels’ chairwoman, restates his “long-standing business conflict, for which he is out of the country.”

Am I the only one who thinks that Snyder‘s convenient ‘out of the country conflict‘ is to avoid the service of a subpoena?

burgold

The Team Captain
Reaction score

My first thought was... Being out of the country doesn't wash as an excuse if Goodell is appearing via Zoom. It might even be easier given different time zones. Chances are the award show is in the evening. That certainly would not conflict with the hearing's schedule.

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

International business?

Snyder lucked into getting financing from Zuckerman to buy the team in 1999.

Since then he has failed with Six Flags, Red Zebra Broadcasting and the chain of diners.

What big international deal is he working on?

My guess is a beach in the Seychelles:3some:

Chris

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Well, we know it’s not football business since he is not allowed to do that. 🤣

Chris

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

As much as I would love for this to be of bombshell proportions , the article seems to me as nothing more than WaPo being WaPo.

SilentThreat

Super Bowl MVP
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

As much as I would love for this to be of bombshell proportions , the article seems to me as nothing more than WaPo being WaPo.

Yeah it was snark.

Completely calculated but I doubt it has any effect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 10)

Private conversations
Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friend 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you Sandy ❤