• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

This is only tangentially related to the thread topic, but this is infuriating! To hear that Kyle Smith vocally disagreed with the Haskins pick and that little SOB imposed it on him. Kyle should’ve quit right there and gone public with it.

Eff you Snyder.

If we find out at some point that Dan has usurped Coach Rivera, that is when I walk after nearly 60 years of cheering for this team. Knowing that I am likely to move to the Nashville area in a few years, the Titans would be a good option.

The WFT is generating press down here because of this mess. One of the three minority owners is Fred Smith (he came via Coach Gibbs - they have a close relationship), the chairman and CEO of FedEx. FedEx is headquartered here, so that is why we hear about it.

Running live tweet feed of Dan Snyder's hearing into the leaks in the federal lawsuit filed by minority owners.

At least if Bezos buys the team all of the wokeness issues have already been dealt with. 😉

So let me get this straight.....

- Bezos wants in to the NFL owners club.
- Snyder is suing Moag and Allen for defamation in an Indian court (?) because of communications they had when the minority owners were attempting to sell. the suggestion is they were attempting to hurt Snyders' reputation so they could buy Snyder out.
- At least one sexual misconduct settlement was made to a former cheerleader
- There are multiple additional cases pending.
- One of the minority owners attempted to sell his share and Snyder blocked this move.

Here are my questions:

- Why did Snyder block the minority owner who wanted to sell his shares? My guess it's related to the court case. Either that or he's a tool bag.
- Why an Indian court?
- Did the NFL investigation into possible sexual misconduct in the WFT organization ever conclude? If they did I never saw any results. Is there any timetable on this?
- If any of this doesn't end in Snyder being forced to sell the team does any of this matter?

So let me get this straight.....

- Bezos wants in to the NFL owners club.
- Snyder is suing Moag and Allen for defamation in an Indian court (?) because of communications they had when the minority owners were attempting to sell. the suggestion is they were attempting to hurt Snyders' reputation so they could buy Snyder out.
- At least one sexual misconduct settlement was made to a former cheerleader
- There are multiple additional cases pending.
- One of the minority owners attempted to sell his share and Snyder blocked this move.

Here are my questions:

- Why did Snyder block the minority owner who wanted to sell his shares? My guess it's related to the court case. Either that or he's a tool bag.
- Why an Indian court?
- Did the NFL investigation into possible sexual misconduct in the WFT organization ever conclude? If they did I never saw any results. Is there any timetable on this?
- If any of this doesn't end in Snyder being forced to sell the team does any of this matter?

Good summary. On the last question, I believe the answer is he will not be forced to sell, and then it will not matter because he won't sell. That is how I read the tea leaves this minute anyway.

1. Snyder only blocked ONE of the minority owners sales... he signed off on the other two.
2. No idea
3. No the investigation has not officially concluded but a week or so ago it was reported that there have been "out of court settlements" with women involved in the original lawsuit against Snyder
4. I don't think anything will result in Snyder being 'forced' to sell because the NFL does not want to open investigations into all of the owners closets. I think the NFL is endorsing the notion that Snyder be put in front of the court of public opinion and they will leave him standing alone trying to finance a multi-billion dollar franchise that he simply does not have the financial backing to support, so he will be 'forced' to sell due to inability to pay, not because the NFL told him to...

There have been a number of steps taken to make this happen over the last 18 months or so and financially speaking the team / NFL is coming off it's worst year likely since the merger. If there was a time to catch Snyder with his pants down it's now when he and the team have made little to no money in the last calendar year.

What makes you think Snyder does not have the finances to continue being a majority owner? I haven’t heard anything along those lines...

The only successful business he's owned since he bought the team.... is the WFT. His 'net worth' according to Forbes is $2.6B. Unless I'm misunderstanding Net Worth, that includes his assets and corporate ownership entities. He owns roughly 60% of the team that is valued at $3.4B. His stake is worth somewhere around $2B. He's also got a $200 mil yacht that everyone is enamored with. So between the team and the boat, that's $2.2B of his $2.6B net worth. How does a guy that's value beyond his two most valuable assets results in somewhere around $400mil going to find a way to finance an additional $1.4B to take full ownership of the team when the CEO of Fedex is one of the minority owners he's alienated? Can he afford to finance the stadium plus the land it's sitting on?

His property at Great Falls has to be worth a lot as well, ST. And then there is any other property he owns around the world that we may not know anything about.

Then there is RedZone Capital which is private so we are in dark there.

I get where you are going with the math here and I don't completely disagree with you. I just know that money matters get murky at those levels and I can't believe we know everything there is to know about Snyder's finances.

I'd love to see Bezos come in and buy the whole thing out. I think he is smart enough to know what he doesn't know and hire folks who do know to do that work so I think it would be great for the WFT. However, Snyder has shown an uncanny ability to survive financially. Hell, if he were half as good at dealing with football side as he is the money side, this team would have won a couple of Super Bowls under his ownership.

His property at Great Falls has to be worth a lot as well, ST. And then there is any other property he owns around the world that we may not know anything about.

Then there is RedZone Capital which is private so we are in dark there.

I get where you are going with the math here and I don't completely disagree with you. I just know that money matters get murky at those levels and I can't believe we know everything there is to know about Snyder's finances.

I'd love to see Bezos come in and buy the whole thing out. I think he is smart enough to know what he doesn't know and hire folks who do know to do that work so I think it would be great for the WFT. However, Snyder has shown an uncanny ability to survive financially. Hell, if he were half as good at dealing with football side as he is the money side, this team would have won a couple of Super Bowls under his ownership.

Oh I'm sure, but it's not like there is some clear path of finances that would lead anyone to believe that he can generate $1.4B to be able to finance the remaining 40%, or he would have done it a long time ago. If he could afford it, wouldn't he have already bought out the minority owners and sat atop his perch?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.