• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

honestly, the fact that we are even questioning why she is there is nonsense. she should have come strictly from the NFL and Snyder should be forced to comply or be fired.

honestly, the fact that we are even questioning why she is there is nonsense. she should have come strictly from the NFL and Snyder should be forced to comply or be fired.

That may be the case.. just wasn't presented that way to begin with. It wouldn't shock me if the NFL TOLD Snyder that she was going to be the investigator because they wanted one of their own in the room. That would answer the question to Goodell saying that she is independent and they will not need to do an additional investigation

I found the NFL statement somewhat snarky, as if they are annoyed that a) they have to waste their time on an ‘investigation’ and, b) that they’ll handle this as they see fit when it suits them. We don’t need to worry our pretty little heads about it. That doesn’t give me much hope they’ll do something major about this. I expect them to penalize us picks while leaving Satan in place, a move that punishes no one but the already brutalized fans of this team.

Nothing in this newest report surprises me in the least. I’m watching closely to see how the NFL handles the latest direct allegations against Snyder. If he’s not removed, I don’t see how I can continue on watching a sport that by doing nothing, condones this type of abuse against women.

They watched Ray Rice drag his unconscious girlfriend out of an elevator and gave him a two game suspension. You think they are going to do anything about this? I seriously doubt it.

here is a question:

How did the whole Swearinger thing just disappear? A head coach of the Redskins (employee) threatens to physically fight a player (employee) and nothing was done by the league. DJ may be an asshole, but he had proof of it.

here is a question:

How did the whole Swearinger thing just disappear? A head coach of the Redskins (employee) threatens to physically fight a player (employee) and nothing was done by the league. DJ may be an asshole, but he had proof of it.

IIRC, Norval Gruden either sat Swearinger or called him out publicly or something, Swearinger took exception to it and Norval texted him asking if he wanted to fight, but Swearinger didn't have him in his contacts and didn't know who it was, or some foolishness like that.

I mean cutting a guy because he was banging the same chick was pretty bad as well.

if these latest allegations are true (and I believe they are, snyder needs to be gone yesterday. but in all honesty, I stopped caring when they changed the name, I am just watching the car wreck now. this along with the " lets stop practicing because some asshat got shot while being an asshat" bullshittery is just too much for me.

In a letter sent to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, lawyers representing more than a dozen former employees of the Washington Football Team requested an independent investigation into allegations of sexual harassment during their time with the organization and that owner Daniel Snyder be suspended pending the outcome.

The attorneys who sent the letter to Goodell, Lisa Banks and Debra Katz, also said Snyder should be removed as owner if the investigation backs up the claims of former employees.

This isn't gonna end til he's out. They're next step is likely to approach the sponsors directly. We all saw how quickly things changed once money was threatened... I think that likely is what follows.

I hope like hell you are right. There have been 12 additional women who have come forward since this latest WP story came forward so there are likely to be more ‘revelations’ coming. My gut feeling is that it may take some previous ‘inner circle’ staff to come forward and link Snyder directly to some of the allegations for the NFL say ‘enough’.

I thought he was already linked with the tapes and forced dates?

I can't even see how him being there is a question. even if they were all lying, 25 different women with the same story would be enough to get him out.

I don’t think there’s been anyone who said ‘Dan watched the tapes’ or ‘Dan allowed the tapes to be played during a meeting’. Short of that, he can deny he knew about it. On the pimping charge, it’s her word against his (although she told others about it at the time, but that is t proof it happened).

I thought he was already linked with the tapes and forced dates?

I can't even see how him being there is a question. even if they were all lying, 25 different women with the same story would be enough to get him out.
I don’t think there’s been anyone who said ‘Dan watched the tapes’ or ‘Dan allowed the tapes to be played during a meeting’. Short of that, he can deny he knew about it. On the pimping charge, it’s her word against his (although she told others about it at the time, but that is t proof it happened).

I BELIEVE someone claimed that Michaels REQUESTED the tapes for him and Dan, but nothing from Dan directly which is the gray area at this point because Dan's people can spin that and dump that load straight on Michaels. Michaels likely doens't come out and confirm or deny either way because if he confirmed it he implicates himself. He'll just keep his millions and sit on a beach somewhere letting all this fly by.

Wow, a lot has transpired since I've been on sabbatical from fandom. Still angry over the name change, but what's done is done. As much as I detest Roger Goodell and the League office, Dan needs to go. I just hope whoever buys the team is not a royal jerk (Bezos is a solid no from me, though I'm aware my opinion means less than nothing). Then I hope Goodell and his crew of b*st**ds get run out on a rail as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.