• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

no knowledge?
hands off owner?

hit job...dude, you are a fucking scumbag. the only hit needs to be you hitting the pavement when you sell the team.

hes disappointed...wow. Someone told that you ran a shitty org and forced women to degrade themselves, and HE is who you are disappointed in. That shows he has no clue about the severity or what is even really going on.

Reading about the likes of Baugh, Apke, and Christian was nice for 5 minutes.

I notice it is back to our regularly scheduled programming in Washington.

Poor us.

Did I miss something here?

Last I checked, I have been dreaming of having a hands off owner for the last 20 years or so.

How out of touch can he fucking be? He is disappointed that a woman would not come forward to him in a culture that was clearly supporting degrading harassment of women at every turn. If he was as hands off as he wants everyone to think he was ... cause yeah right, Snyder has been known for being hands off (we must draft ____ QB people) .... why would she come to him in that situation? He doesn't see the reality and thinks some sound bites will make it better - it don't. Either:

1) You set the tone at the top and the organization was a complete failure and you've had no idea for 21 years, but now that sponsors are boycotting and lawsuits are arming up you suddenly realize that action must be taken?

- Answer - complete fail, you should be fired, too little too late, and trust me most owners of a business as small yet lucrative as this one (small in people, large in $'s) absolutely have an idea of what is taking place - especially if they are in the building with any regularity

2) You knew about it and are contradicting yourself in the press to try and:
A) Appear to take responsibility - but then blame the press, your minority owners, and the accusers / victims
B) Keep your marriage by attempting to appear as outraged as anyone that this has happened - which just tells us you knew it was wrong and didn't care until you had to care
C) Keep the team by focusing on all you have done in the last 8 months to turn around the culture when you've known this was a dysfunctional shit show for a while - as evidenced by the press asking questions about culture a while ago with BA
saying "Its Damn Good"

- Answer - complete fail, you should be fired, you are complicit in what has occurred even if you have started to go towards a better path. Dan has had enough time and has failed at every point. This team must be taken from him so that it has a chance. What are we supporting if he isn't removed? I don't care if the hit job theory is correct. His actions and more importantly, 20 years of inaction until recent times, tells us that his behavior alone warrants his removal, regardless of how the information comes to light.

What he doesn't get is that even if half the stories are fabricated, he should still be dismissed on the other half. I don't believe for one instance that of the 25 women to come forward - they are all part of the hit job to make him look bad without any truth behind any of it.

Last edited:
Hold up a second, am I reading this right... ? Did he just say the article was a hit job... ? I can’t believe what I’m reading.

What a bunch of bullshit. The 'independent investigation' they are referring to is the one being lead by Beth Wilkerson, the attorney Snyder hired to 'investigate'.

Snyder isn't good for NFL business. Washington is a top 5 market and Snyder has driven this team into the ground.

Now there are not only ownership issues but also accusations the owner and team executives were little more than pimps.

Think the NFL can simply run out the pink shoes this year in support of Breast Cancer Research in Washington after all this?

The simple truth is a new owner would not only let the NFL off the hook in terms of bad publicity but also resolve the ownership divide and improve the team's chances of landing a stadium deal to ensure the future.

I don't see how the NFL can AFFORD to allow Snyder to remain as majority owner.

He's been an outcast from Day 1 and what these articles serve to confirm that Snyder is as big of a jerk behind the scenes as many of us thought he always has been.

No one except Joe Gibbs has been able to walk out the door at Ashburn and not have the organization put out a smear campaign to ruin reputations and question others character.

Joe Gibbs did walk out unscathed, but not his D-Coordinator. Don’t get me wrong - Gregg Williams is a nasty cuss of a man and can be rude and short to fault - I’ve had that experience first hand - but he didn’t deserve the smear campaign that sent him out when Joe Gibbs retired. And I still think keeping him would have been better than going with Jim Zorn.

August 26, 2020

STATEMENT FROM THE WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM

Today the Washington Post published an article detailing additional allegations of sexual harassment and other misconduct at the Washington Football team. We are deeply distressed by these terrible allegations and are committed to investigating them fully. Our priority is creating a culture where our employees – on and off the field – are respected and empowered.

Our first concern is for the safety and security of our teammates, and we have encouraged any employees who have endured similar experiences, now or in the past, to report it immediately. We are already taking a series of additional steps to hold ourselves accountable to our commitments. We remain focused on building an organization where all employees feel valued and are invested in shaping the new direction of our franchise

Last edited:
Nothing in this newest report surprises me in the least. I’m watching closely to see how the NFL handles the latest direct allegations against Snyder. If he’s not removed, I don’t see how I can continue on watching a sport that by doing nothing, condones this type of abuse against women.

Jason Wright's first week on the job and he's handed this. You want to take "additional steps to hold ourselves accountable to our commitments?"

Then Dan has to sell.

from the read of his first professional statement, it looks like Jason is just gonna be another one of the puppets.

from the read of his first professional statement, it looks like Jason is just gonna be another one of the puppets.

I know it all happened (I hope) well prior to his arrival, but his statement sound and awful lot like Danny.

I know it all happened (I hope) well prior to his arrival, but his statement sound and awful lot like Danny.
"read this". I hope he is doing stuff behind the scenes to get rid of Danny, but I hold no nope for that as of now.

No Team President is ever going to be doing anything to get his boss/company owner removed (unless he observes current unethical behavior that warrants reporting). That’s not realistic nor is it his role. Goodell and the other owners own what, if anything, happens based on these reports. The other executives are powerless to do anything except reinforce the current ‘improved’ culture.

As far as the statements, there were really 4 yesterday. The first was clearly reflective of Snyder himself (and likely came from Snyder’s personal PR reps, not the team public relations folks). I’m betting he demanded it go out, probably over the objections or advice (or maybe even without the knowledge) of his new Team President. Just a guess, but bet I’m right. It didn’t go out from Team PR btw.

The 2nd official statement came from someone who has a clue - ie was probably written by the Team President. And then there were the personal social media statements from both he and Julie Donaldson. Clearly the only one that was hostile, tone deaf, and defiant was the one likely generated from Mr. ‘I take full responsibility’ himself.

I don’t see how the NFL can just standby and do nothing at this point. And by nothing, I don’t mean them throwing out a token punishment of a fine and draft picks. This is serious and demands that the owner be forced out. The league has done some really dumb things the past few years, but if they let him stick around after this, it may be one of the worst.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.