• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

Let’s hope this is serious!

If it is, get ready for a slew of additional number retirements.

They won't investigate their own corrupt house, but no problem wasting my money on our team.

I hate the government so much.

I'm not sure our personal politics is relevant here.

Snyder is responsible for 20 years of a horrible work environment - and that's just the least of it. He's a bad guy. If Congress can do anything to help usher him out of this franchise that is a very good thing.

1634858131251.png

Sorry couldn't resist....

He is responsible for it and needs to be investigated. I'm just not sure this corrupt ass government is the right choice.

This is like me investigating someone for being loud and rude.

I get it - but at this point, it's whatever it takes. The only entity that has the power to force a private corporation to open up and provide incriminating evidence is the Federal Government and judicial system.

Fans should be screaming bloody murder in every arena they can for the NFL to be investigated. It's literally the only chance we have to see meaningful change.

I think that we have to rely on them makes me just as upset. Anyone with an IQ above potato knows this isn't right and needs to be investigated.

The fact taxpayer money has to be used now to do a job that should have been done by the NFL is mind boggling.

Is dislike or distrust of the government personal politics? Seems to be one of the things shared by a vast majority.

The government, when businesses fail to respect basic human rights, has a role in oversight and regulation. That’s what’s going on here. It’s a good thing.

Whether one holds the government in general in contempt doesn’t alter that in my opinion.

I agree, but a billion dollar a year industry can afford their own investigation. The fact they refused to pisses me off. They need to be billed for it.

My contempt of the government is because of the hypocrisy if things like this. They're corrupt and immoral to the core and now investigating someone for being corrupt and immoral.

No entity can legitimately be expected to ‘investigate itself’. I think what’s become clear is that the issues with the Redskins organization aren’t isolated to that franchise. That’s 100% why expecting the NFL to vigorously investigate and hold leadership accountable was never going to happen.

The front office of the NFL is a separate entity from the teams. It's why they can fine coaches and players as well as suspend them. They could, and should, investigate the teams in question. They can afford to hire an outside organization if need be.

Asking Joe taxpayer to foot the bill is ridiculous. They make billions a year.

The NFL and it’s owners is likely neck deep in the same kind of misbehavior that Snyder and his cronies have engaged in. They have zero interest in shedding light on their own misdeeds.

Don’t be naive. If ‘right’ is going to be done it won’t be spearheaded by the NFL.

There are certainly bigger wastes of taxpayer money we’ve lived with and will live with. I’ll pay your share :)

The NFL is not really a separate entity. Roger Goodell works for the owners and at the pleasure of the owners.

If Congress can find a way to personally profit from an ownership change then it will get done.

Buy some long futures on Bezos and short Snyder? (Pun intended)

I’m not confident any of this results in a damn thing, and in that regard maybe it will be a waste of taxpayer money. But at this point, I’ll support anything that has even the slightest chance of ridding this franchise of Daniel Snyder.

with the level of 'movements' we've had over the last 5 years or so, i'd be SHOCKED if nothing comes of this. I'm not saying dismissal, or forfeture of the team is necessarily the benchmark, but I doubt they get involved and don't have some sort of penalty levied....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.