• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The 2022 Quarterback Thread

Shouldn’t be too hard picking one of those fast ass WR’s there.

I think this move removes the panic 'need' to draft a guy at 11. It opens the door to now being able to go multiple different directions

1. If THE GUY is there at 11 (i think Malik Willis is likely the ONLY option to fall under this category because he's probably the one who needs a year or more to sit and develop) you can take that guy with no pressure on him to walk in day 1 as the starter / savior of the franchise. You have control of Wentz for 3 years, but can get out quickly if the rookie proves they're ready sooner

2. Pick BPA at 11 (there will be some serious firepower as far as WRs and CBs go here) and if a guy you like falls into the 2nd round you can then take them but you're not holding your breath hoping they make it to your next pick.. if they're there, great, if not, next year is supposed to be a better draft crop any way.

3. Trade OUT of 11 and move back, adding more picks. If Malik Willis is available at 11, the phone may ring... Pittsburgh is a team I could see (who picks 20th) wanting to get up to 11 to get their guy. If we were to move back to 20, my hope would be next years 1st round pick. That may be 'too much' but we would have the leverage here. Trading back to 20, there will still be value at WR, or a guy like Nakobe Dean. Plenty of options here depending on what you get in return... be that a 1st next year, or a 2nd + this year. Two picks in the 2nd round... could easily see a guy like Ridder or Strong there.

There are about 4 or 5 other scenarios but these cover most of the bases. A lot of things can happen now, and I do think we all need to come to the realization that ONE of those things... is now we've bought ourselves a 'prove it year' and if Wentz falls apart, next years crop of QBs is supposed to be markedly better than this one. If Wentz balls out, you've got him for 2 more years at <$25mil per year which is a bargain for a starting QB...

I think option 3 is ideal, assuming no one falls to 11 that you really love. I would only move out for a swap of ones and at least next years first. Picking up a 2nd doesn’t help in my opinion unless they really hate who is available at 11 and feel they have to get out of that spot.

Pittsburgh is a possibility at 20. The only problem is they will most likely be good next year, so that 2023 pick could be in the 20s. They have a ton of offensive talent, a defense that underperformed last year and should be better. Plus they still have Tomlin as a coach. They will rebound.

New Orleans at 18 would be the pick I want. They could really suck this year. No QB and no Sean Payton. They could be in for a long year and a 2023 1st for them could be top 10.

I think option 3 is ideal, assuming no one falls to 11 that you really love. I would only move out for a swap of ones and at least next years first. Picking up a 2nd doesn’t help in my opinion unless they really hate who is available at 11 and feel they have to get out of that spot.

Pittsburgh is a possibility at 20. The only problem is they will most likely be good next year, so that 2023 pick could be in the 20s. They have a ton of offensive talent, a defense that underperformed last year and should be better. Plus they still have Tomlin as a coach. They will rebound.

New Orleans at 18 would be the pick I want. They could really suck this year. No QB and no Sean Payton. They could be in for a long year and a 2023 1st for them could be top 10.

I actually think they regress pretty heavily in 2022. No starting QB, if they trade up for Willis, he's their guy for the future so it's 17 games of Mason Rudolph, or some other vet. They're in a division with Cincy fresh off a SB appearance, Cleveland, and Baltimore. That division does face the NFC South this year, so they're steal a handful of wins there most likely, but it also plays the AFC East, where i'd imagine Pittsburgh is going to struggle with the likes of Buffalo and New England... who knows what Miami is gonna do and NYJ are well... the jets lol.

They have some weapons, but it's going to depend at who they put at QB. They've been linked to Trubisky, and you wonder what he could do with those weapons, but if they invest to get Willis at 11, I imagine they wont be spending a ton on a QB and riding with Rudolph, or an economical bridge vet.

I actually think they regress pretty heavily in 2022. No starting QB, if they trade up for Willis, he's their guy for the future so it's 17 games of Mason Rudolph, or some other vet. They're in a division with Cincy fresh off a SB appearance, Cleveland, and Baltimore. That division does face the NFC South this year, so they're steal a handful of wins there most likely, but it also plays the AFC East, where i'd imagine Pittsburgh is going to struggle with the likes of Buffalo and New England... who knows what Miami is gonna do and NYJ are well... the jets lol.

They have some weapons, but it's going to depend at who they put at QB. They've been linked to Trubisky, and you wonder what he could do with those weapons, but if they invest to get Willis at 11, I imagine they wont be spending a ton on a QB and riding with Rudolph, or an economical bridge vet.

They may regress. QB is a big hole for them, but it was last year and they barely missed the playoffs. Roethlisberger couldn’t complete a pass more than 5 yds downfield. So the bar for QB is pretty low for them. It could always get worse with a rookie or someone who turns it over a lot. I just think it’s going to be hard for them to get worse QB play than they did last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.