• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Thank You Washington Redskins

I'm thankful to the team for many reasons, The first and foremost is for making me excited to watch football again! I havent felt that passion in years and its nice to have it back.

Second, for sparking a strong fan interest in my wife and two daughters. For years, I have literally begged them to watch and enjoy games with me as a family event and they never had interest. I "forced" them to watch the N.O. game with me at a local Skins bar at the beginning of the season and they became hooked!

Yesterday, I smiled in the fog of despair over the loss because I looked and saw my daughters as sad as me while sporting head to toe B & G, and my wife with a glum look but crocheting me a B & G scarf for next year. (note: she learned hoe to crochet last week just to make me the scarf!)

The first gift makes me thankful for the team's performance, the second makes me smile from ear to ear that my family is finally where it should be in terms of Fandom!

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, thanks for making the season fun and interesting to watch for a change.

And thanks for winning me 20 bucks from a Cowboys fan. :)

And thanks for giving me hope for the future.

Stark contrast to the divisiveness of the fan base today. And the organization is to blame. IMHUO

Everyone.

Snyder, ShanAllen, & Gruden take the lion's share of blame.
Griffin a very significant contributor.
Mr McGloo's was marginal.

The saddest part is, the divisiveness is mainly rooted in unqualified opinion. On BOTH sides.

That's a strange bump, Ax. I'm not sure I know what you're seeing ... the team just put together an unexpected 9-7 season, has a proven GM, appears to have found a viable QB, and looks to be on a legit upward trajectory. I've seen some lively discussion about the particulars of the playoff loss, but I'd like to think that's what the board is about. Where are you seeing "divisiveness?"

Gotta agree with Om. I don't know what divisiveness there is right now. Earlier in the season? Sure there certainly was some.

There's still the skeptics of Cousins and Gruden, but I don't think that's divisiveness, just people not getting too wrapped up since we've been down this road many times before.

That's a strange bump, Ax. I'm not sure I know what you're seeing ... the team just put together an unexpected 9-7 season, has a proven GM, appears to have found a viable QB, and looks to be on a legit upward trajectory. I've seen some lively discussion about the particulars of the playoff loss, but I'd like to think that's what the board is about. Where are you seeing "divisiveness?"
Well, we had just had an unexpected 10-6 season, an assumed proven football guy making all the decisions (Shammy), appeared to have a dynamic franchise QB with unimaginable upside to come, and the belief of almost everyone on this site that we were on a legit upward trajectory. Harmony.

The difference this time is, there is much disagreement on how and why we got here. Constant potshots taken at each other over differences of opinion. You call it lively discussion. I call it Hatfields & McCoys.

You can't point out any problem you see without being labeled some kind of hater. Whether it be about Gruden, or Cousins, McGloo, etc...
Up until this season, the gloom and doomers were constantly defended as being within their rights. Which everybody already knew. No biggie.

Now it seems like most of those doomers are suddenly back on the wagon again, where homers always were, and leading the charge to shoot down/belittle/dismiss anyone who has a "yeah but". And it appears they have the blessing of everyone to do so.

I like a lively debate as much as anyone. I guess I just don't see the outward, consistent support for dissenters now, as opposed to when most had gone over to the dark side. It almost seems like sanctioned ridicule, at times.

I could be wrong. But it's what I see.

I think you see a fan base divided into "homers" and "haters." Which surprises me, given the years we've enjoyed a web site that celebrates the great gray area between those two polar extremes ... plus the knowledge that neither of those terms really represent any one actual person.

To me, we've arrived at a place where how we got here is no longer the issue. It's now about what the team does to consolidate the gains I think every one of us recognizes we've made, to at least some degree, going forward.

I just read this. The last thing it has me thinking about, focusing on or worrying about is yesterday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...m=newsletter&utm_campaign=washington-redskins

For some reason, and it's not just with the Redskins, but in general, everyone has to label someone something.

We're all Skins fan here. We all want the same thing. We may not all agree on the way to get there, but we all want the same end result. Who cares if someone liked RG3 more, or Kirk more, or doesn't like Gruden, etc. I'll admit first hand, I was skeptical going into this season with Kirk as the starter. Through the 1st 6 weeks, that skepticism seemed to be right. But then something clicked with this team and I was proven wrong. Did I care I was proven wrong? Hell no. I was excited as anyone that we had the season we had. Do I think we can keep it up? I sure hope so. It's nice to have a real GM in charge running things around here, so I'm confident. Am I 100% certain Kirk and Jay are the right guys for the job? I still don't know that one. I hope so for the sake of the team, but 1 year doesn't a career make.

For me, I just want a winning team. I don't care how we do it, or who we do it with, I just want to see a winner.

Well, as I ve said, it just seemed to me, the last time we were in this position, following the 2012 season, the fan base, not just here, but everywhere, was pretty much skipping down the highway, hand in hand, singing Joy to The World.

This time, it's different.

I guess it's just me. WTF do I know.

None of us "know" anything. That much I know.

Hail, brother.

Well, as I ve said, it just seemed to me, the last time we were in this position, following the 2012 season, the fan base, not just here, but everywhere, was pretty much skipping down the highway, hand in hand, singing Joy to The World.

This time, it's different.

I guess it's just me. WTF do I know.

I think a little of it has to do with in 2012, we had a rookie QB coming off an amazing season and a RoY award and a Super Bowl winning head coach.

I believe people are still optimistic after this season, they're just a little more guarded. Like myself. Some of that guarded optimism has to do with getting burned after the 2012 season and thinking this team was going places. And now this time, we have a QB who we're still not quite 100% sure of what he can be and a HC that will be going into just his 3rd season of being an NFL HC. I don't think it's wrong for people to not want to jump all-in at the current moment. As a fanbase, we've been burned many times before. People are just being a little more cautious this time around.

That's how it is for me Matt. Emotionally I want to buy in and jump wholesale back on the bandwagon but logic kicks in telling me I've been down this road before. Prudence pushes me towards a wait and see approach (with an optimistic eye open) before I allow my hopes to get pumped up again.

For me, the big difference is last time (I'm sorry in advance I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry) I thought we had an elite QB locked up for the next decade and a half. I don't mean a good QB. I mean a top 5 ... top 3 ... maybe-the-best-in-the-league-sometime-real-soon QB. I thought we had that centerpiece that would guarantee us at least 9-10 wins a season while we continued to build around him until we were winning superbowls.

This year ... hey, it was a great year. A VERY promising year. We have a GM and maybe a coach and our QB looks pretty good and ... it's all good there, but there are a lot of moving parts involved that all need to continue to move together in the same direction. I just don't see success as such a given.

Ironic, I know. :)

But I will say this: If success does come, I think it will be far more stable and far longer lasting. I think the structure in place now is much more stable and more likely to weather adversity than what we had in 2012. (I just thought that QB situation was such that we didn't need that much stability then.) I am cautiously optimistic now. We need to keep going. I think with McLovin at the helm we will. I'm just not as dead-sure as I was last time ... when things didn't work out. :)

Stark contrast to the divisiveness of the fan base today. And the organization is to blame. IMHUO

Everyone.

Snyder, ShanAllen, & Gruden take the lion's share of blame.
Griffin a very significant contributor.
Mr McGloo's was marginal.

The saddest part is, the divisiveness is mainly rooted in unqualified opinion. On BOTH sides.

What in the world? What divisiveness? It's hard to find many fans freaking out right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.