• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Step 1 of the Experiment Is a Success

if you are a Redskins fan the bottom line is the same :)

Haynesworth AND McNabb need to be moved.

Neither one will be successful here in the schemes the coaches are running.

Shanahan isn't responsible for Haynesworth's contract or his coming to the Redskins. But he IS responsible for his CONTINUED presence beyond the point where any good was going to come of it.

Shanahan IS responsible for McNabb being on the roster, period. He traded for him and if I were the owner I would want an explanation of the thought process involved in the decision. I would not necessarily mind flushing the money, but I would want to be sure this kind of mistake didn't happen again.

I dont know if I agree with that.

I think with Mcnabb you can fix the situation by meeting him partway and adjusting your scheme, but I strongly doubt Shanny will do that, and to be honest the upside of retaining Mcnabb simply isnt very high.

with Albert I think its salvageable but both sides would have to eat some crow and we all know thats never on shannahans menu, I am pretty sure that if we went to an aggressive 4-3 next year and flat out told AH, "you wanted a 4-3 and you said you wanted to be a HOF player, heres your chance to make us look wrong and you look right" well lets just say that almost every all pro player is motivated on soem level by pride. it would be risky because frankly when we start dominating, people will say why the eff didnt we run that all along?

now in the real world, shanny never admits hes wrong and isnt willing to adjust anything that reflects poorly on him, so we would probably be better off moving them both for whatever we can get, yet one more time that we will be taking way less than fair value for players we paid top dollar for.

I think playing Grossman is Shanahan's way of tanking the rest of the season for a better draft pick without coming right out and saying it. I believe McNabb is not playing to prevent injury and might be used as trade bait in this year's upcoming draft. Also, there have been reports of McNabb being slightly injured all year and they may be just trying to get him ready for next season.

I have seen McNabb progress in this offense. Not as much as the coach's would probably like, but he has improved. I think McNabb will even be better next year, much better than Grossman, once he gets to watch film of this year and digest even more of the offensive philosphy.

Bottom line: There is no way in hell we should get rid of McNabb unless we're forced to trade him to get a QB in the 1st rd. We could trade him for atleast a 2nd rd, maybe 3rd rd pick, or a starting O or D linemen IF we draft a Qb in the 1st rd first.

If we start out next year with Grossman at QB we can kiss another season good bye and Shanahan too.

Step 2 is admitting that drafting a qb in 2011 to understudy Grossman in this offense for awhile is the START of a rebuilding process and not the end of one :)

As Winston Churchill said "we are not at the end.........we are not even at the beginning of the end.........but we may be at the end of the beginning' :D

Step 2 is admitting that drafting a qb in 2011 to understudy Grossman in this offense for awhile is the START of a rebuilding process and not the end of one :)

As Winston Churchill said "we are not at the end.........we are not even at the beginning of the end.........but we may be at the end of the beginning' :D

If we go around 11 or 12 in the 1st round, you think Locker is the best choice there?

Teams taking the next best qb in a draft are rarely happy with the outcome, since the mid 80's when teams started figuring out the importance of the draft, I cant think of any team other than perhaps the fins who got a better guy than the one they wanted. (marino instead of obrien because of drug concerns.)

Teams taking the next best qb in a draft are rarely happy with the outcome, since the mid 80's when teams started figuring out the importance of the draft, I cant think of any team other than perhaps the fins who got a better guy than the one they wanted. (marino instead of obrien because of drug concerns.)

Phillip Rivers, Ben Rothelisberger, Jay Cutler and Joe Flacco?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Last edited:

yabba dabba do! I agree.

Aaron Rodgers, Tim Tebow, Josh Freeman...possibly Colt McCoy.

Aaron Rodgers, Tim Tebow, Josh Freeman...possibly Colt McCoy.

The reply to this will likely be, "Those picks weren't necessarily their 2nd choices since they couldn't know those players would fall to them at those positions in the draft!" Oh...and, "Tebow, Freeman and McCoy are way too early to tell!"

Instead it should be, "You guys have proven me wrong, I will humble myself and admit that."

Last edited:
Let's stop kidding ourselves.

The Redskins lack young premium talent at QB, RB, WR and interior OL.

This offense right now looking to the future is perhaps Trent Williams, Chris Cooley and Ryan Torain, with Torain being a #2 tailback rather than a #1.

This team needs everything on that side of the ball just about.

But at some point you have to begin with the position where the player touches the ball on every play and ensure that you have an anchor there.

After failing on Patrick Ramsey and Jason Campbell this decade (although both were late #1 picks), the Redskins need to move McNabb out and bring in someone that can be the face of the franchise going forward.

Compared to last year where there was Sam Bradford and no one else worthy of a top 10-15 selection, this year there are candidates to be chosen that high and the Redskins are picking at a spot where they need to maximize the selection.

Keeping the #2 pick is key because if this team is going to run an effective 3-4 we desperately need to bring in some young DL talent, specifically a NT.

I would look to add an OLB with experience in the 3-4 in free agency as well on that side of the ball.

Colt Mccoy? I'll take bradford and its not close.

Rivers was actually san diegos first pick and one of the only reasons I like aj smith, he played the Giants like a fiddle on that. thats the sort of draft brialliance we need, too bad smith is an idiot with other aspects of team management.

Rapistberger is valid but im not sure he wasnt their first pick.

Rodgers was a guy who wasnt picked for need, he proves my point about solid teams being able to draft porject players and give them time.

Cutler? not even remotely or he wouldnt be in chicago.

Flacco way too soon to tell but you could be right.

Tebow- why not let him get 3 starts before making that argument.

Freeman- could be a sleeper has been better than expected.

Is it not a little early to declare Bradford a hit?

He's certainly looked pretty good, so far, but more time will tell the story.

On offense you secure the rebuilding of the line with a LT and then take a qb.

On defense you secure the DL and CB.

You fill in at the other positions.

That is how you rebuild.

Yes, if you have players at other positions that are emerging stars, you count them as part of the core.

But if you don't have a LT or a QB then drafting a RB in the top 10 is a mistake.

Same as is drafting a middle linebacker in Round 1 if you don't have a pass rusher or a DL in front of him that is worth anything.

Is it not a little early to declare Bradford a hit?

He's certainly looked pretty good, so far, but more time will tell the story.

barring injury, I have said all along that Bradford is a manning type player, and unlike some of the other young guys who have been named, he has not only outperformed what people thought he would thus far but he has almost led his team to the playoffs. a team that last year people were saying was less talented than the skins.

On offense you secure the rebuilding of the line with a LT and then take a qb.

On defense you secure the DL and CB.

You fill in at the other positions.

That is how you rebuild.

Yes, if you have players at other positions that are emerging stars, you count them as part of the core.

But if you don't have a LT or a QB then drafting a RB in the top 10 is a mistake.

Same as is drafting a middle linebacker in Round 1 if you don't have a pass rusher or a DL in front of him that is worth anything.

I dont know about that bt I think a bit differently, I would shore up the whole line before drafting a qb unless a real blue chipper comes up. if you have a solid all around team you put less pressure on a young qb and they can be decent right off the bat without carrying the team (matt Ryan, joe flacco, ben rapistberger, etc etc.

barring injury, I have said all along that Bradford is a manning type player, and unlike some of the other young guys who have been named, he has not only outperformed what people thought he would thus far but he has almost led his team to the playoffs. a team that last year people were saying was less talented than the skins.
I don't disagree. I just think most players need a few years to really judge them accurately. He may be exactly what you think he is. We'll see if he can do as well against the good teams of the league.

He didn't beat any this year, did he?

BTW ~ I don't count any team coached by Norv Turner as, good.;)

making the playoffs at 7-9 is not exactly a benchmark you want to put on your QB resume.

well when taken with the fact that the year before they won 2 games and they havent had a massive roster makeover like ours, id say its not too shabby, we have a supposed former probowler and he got a massive roster makeover as well as an offencive genius and we won only a couple more games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.