• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Something to think about, when looking at a new head coach

It's a testament to two things.

One is the Redskins continued willingness to run Griffin on the option (88 yards vs NY) and risk his health and second is Morris' ability to read the holes and get yardage on his own.

Not to mention the Redskins have lead the league in rushing for most of the season, haven't they? That's just incredible to me. Especially given that we've behind on points so often where you'd think we'd be 100% pass happy. And ironic given how frequently fans state we don't run enough.

32% of our rushing yards have been Griffin running like a Caribou being chased by a pack of wolves.
So, a lot of those rushing yards have indeed come on pass plays.

Last edited:
Yep, Falcons used to lead the league in rushing when Vick was there.

Never won anything though.

Jim. Haslett. Must. Go.

I have a sense of deja vu about the above post...

You can say that again.

32% of our rushing yards have been Griffin running like a Caribou being chased by a pack of wolves.
Where did that stat come from?

And I'd actually be curious to see a breakdown of how many of Bob's runs have been in obvious passing plays where he scambles to avoid getting trampled.

While I am not excusing the defense, we've been saying the same thing around here for a long time...the inability of our offense to churn off game winning drives with a close lead late in the 3rd or into the 4th quarter is non-existent. One time in the last 2 season have we seen it...the Giants game last year at home.

You cannot expect your defense to hold teams to 3 and out 4 or 5 times late in the game. And that is what keeps happening. Yes, there are obvious deficiencies on the defensive side of the ball, but play calling on offense has to take that into consideration. No, running the ball one every down in the 2nd half with a lead will not work in today's NFL, but if you're going to go for the juglar with a lead, you better convert...if you don't....you probably shouldn't try to hit a home run the next play either...or the first play of the next series.

we cant run when we need to, thats the issue on offence. we dont close out teams when we get up on them. Defence is the achilles heel of this team but its not the priority. the priority has got to be getting the player that we gave up 3 first round picks to get, some damn protection.

The defence is firggin horrific, and it has little upside, Ive said that ad nauseum since the switch, but at least we can make some system and scheme tweaks and get SOME improvement. the offence literally needs an Oline, because without it, we take huge risks with a player who we overpaid for and who represents a huge investment. the choice is clear in regards of the order in which we need to improve this team. My worry is that Shamahan will think " oh If I fire haslett and draft a bunch of d players , I can get another season because everyone will cut me some slack."

Where did that stat come from?

And I'd actually be curious to see a breakdown of how many of Bob's runs have been in obvious passing plays where he scambles to avoid getting trampled.

I did make a minor calculation error.
Originally, I just added Morris' and Griffin's yards together to figure Griffin's percentage, but failed to add the other players who have rushed.

These are the actual numbers :

Redskins Team Total Rushing Yards : 1805
Griffin's rushing Yards : 460

So, Griffin accounted for 25% of our rushing.

And yes, I do realize some of that were designed rushes.
But I don't think it's a significant amount.

Last edited:
In defense of that move this was the first trade after the rookie cap
If Indy had wanted to trade out of the first slot many were thinking it would take 4 first rounders which I think will be the norm

Jim. Haslett. Must. Go.

I soured on Haslett too. However according to this WaPo article some of our defensive ineptitude can be traced back to Shanahanigans. Now that Shanny's gone Snyder needs to take a good long look at his part in this fiasco and make sure it doesn't happen again. *Edit* I won't hold my breath waiting for it to happen. :uhoh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.