• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

SI.com-Inside the numbers: Week 7

Its gonna suck to be you for at very least a few years Ax. Mike's here and he's not going anywhere. Oh boy how fun will you be when he retires and they name his kid the head coach?

El, you've got to imagine that Zim held on in Cincy 'cause he'd have a shot at the head coaching spot soon enough. I think he was right. Would have loved to have him here though, always admired the way his players played for him.
Nah! It's awesome being me. But you already know that. Just talking to me has made you a better person.

Oh, I'd take Kyle right now.

Hell, I'd take you as defensive coordinator. You couldn't be worse than Haslett.

I think after three years of terrible defense it's not crazy or petulant or reactionary to question the abilities of the defensive coordinator. This is not Year One of the Haslett Era. Lack of continuity isn't the problem. It's clearly bigger than that.

Last year we went from 31st to 13th with the 3-4. Hardly terrible. Just not top ten like so many here think they deserve every year. The Packers had the 32nd defense last year. Didn't notice their fans calling for heads to roll, they had a bad year.

As far as me calming down? Why have you? You've got people in here and other threads cutting players, coordinators...head coaches, and I'm the one who's not calm. Ha.

Look I don't like the lack of W's and the embarrassing finishes but it is what it is and Haslett may just get canned but we've got competent people running the organization who will evaluate who's available and who we have and make a move if they see fit. I just think he gets a pass this year with personnel being the excuse. I'm not happy about it but it is what it is.

Nah! It's awesome being me. But you already know that. Just talking to me has made you a better person.

Oh, I'd take Kyle right now.

Hell, I'd take you as defensive coordinator. You couldn't be worse than Haslett.

Well, yeah I feel like a better person now! ;)

D$ makes a good point. Sometimes it isn't about how you have or you want, it's about who you can get.

As far as I know, I haven't heard Kyle mention defense once. Maybe once Mike retires and Kyle is named HC, he will appoint a DC who will actually run the defense? Or maybe that's just wishful thinking, who knows...whatever happens, dear God please don't let it be Slowik.

Last year we went from 31st to 13th with the 3-4. Hardly terrible. Just not top ten like so many here think they deserve every year. The Packers had the 32nd defense last year. Didn't notice their fans calling for heads to roll, they had a bad year.

As far as me calming down? Why have you? You've got people in here and other threads cutting players, coordinators...head coaches, and I'm the one who's not calm. Ha.

Look I don't like the lack of W's and the embarrassing finishes but it is what it is and Haslett may just get canned but we've got competent people running the organization who will evaluate who's available and who we have and make a move if they see fit. I just think he gets a pass this year with personnel being the excuse. I'm not happy about it but it is what it is.

Well, yeah I feel like a better person now! ;)

Uh...Dead, I could do a Redskins Recon on the threads and posts I've seen calling for Capers to be fired/replaced by Packers fans dating back to their loss to the Chiefs last season and especially after the loss to the Giants in the playoffs and into the first few games this season. The arguments have been hot and heavy going both ways. Ever since Rodgers came out of his coma-or whatever the hell happened to him-a couple of weeks ago it's toned down noticeably, also quite likely because their D has been playing better, but a number of Packers fans had been hammering him over his soft zone coverage for some time now-some even calling for abandoning their 3-4 D (sound familiar?).

Interestingly, as long as their powerhouse offense was winning there wasn't all that much ruckus about the defense-some talk of it of course-but I don't remember seeing any calls for Capers to be be fired until after they lost to the Giants-which makes me wonder-if we had won, say, against the Rams and Giants, would a lot of the conversations we're seeing now be taking place?

Or would the intensity level be as high or more suggestive rather than imperative.

I don't remember seeing any calls for Capers to be be fired until after they lost to the Giants-which makes me wonder-if we had won, say, against the Rams and Giants, would a lot of the conversations we're seeing now be taking place?

Or would the intensity level be as high or more suggestive rather than imperative.

if we beat the Giants the tune is 100% different... were in first place, and 1-0 in the division. We gave up a huge play on defense, that i honestly believe could have been avoided with the current staff we have in place now, in the current scheme. It was a horrible play, and in it's unfortunately become a pattern with this team defense.

In the context of three years in which our scoring defense went from 21st to 21st to 28th, and our yardage ranking went from 31st, to 13th, to now 29th, that 13th place ranking can be seen as an outlier. Had the defense maintained a middling rank this year I doubt anyone (except for maybe Ryman) would be too upset. The general feeling here is not that we deserve or even need a top ten defense so I'm not sure where that snarky comment is coming from.

I see calls for Haslett's job, but who's clamoring for Shanahan to be replaced? Who's suggesting we overhaul the roster mid-season? Again, are you responding to something from another thread?

Yeah. That's pretty much what we all think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.