• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

shouldn't be surprised

Torain - 18 carries, 70 yards, 3.89 ypc 1 td
Portis - 11 carries, 55 yards, 5 ypc

We ran the ball 29 times, we need to keep running next week

Geez, makes me wonder why some people watch the game since they're incapable of getting any pleasure when we're winning! Wow, I'd hate to go through life with such negativity leading the way.

Kirbster said:
Geez, makes me wonder why some people watch the game since they're incapable of getting any pleasure when we're winning! Wow, I'd hate to go through life with such negativity leading the way.

The win doesn't mask the deficiencies. The defense is bad. We benefitted greatly by the Eagles mistakes, and of course injuries. McNabb can't seem to find any consistency. I'm not sure this should be completely unexpected, given the amount of change. And if we can eek out these kind of wins, we might get good enough to make a run. But right now, we are bad in some areas. Coaching adjustments top the list and is the most concerning to me. The win is great, but this was not an enjoyable game to watch overall.

About Donovan running out of bounds...

I had no problem with it. Vick went for extra yardage and a possible TD - he is now hurt and could be out a while. Later, Kolb tried to stretch a couple of scrambles and took hard shots. Donovan going out of bounds and sliding another time keeps him healthy for next week (and beyond).

One other thing about going out of bounds. With the kind of luck that we've had over the years, Donovan slides and pulls a hammy.

Just saying. :)

Al is a bit of a muckraker my friends. It's what he does.

We love him for it. :)

not exactly. I was thinking less of the Iggles game than what is to come. It's frustrating as all get out watching the same patterns every week - win or lose. My favorite? The defensive formation that has two linemen to the strong side and one over the opposite OT - with all that empty space in between. How many times have we seen the offense audible to a draw and gobble up huge yardage on this formation? Yea...I know..often used in 3rd and long/prevent....but it has eaten our lunch all season long. why keep shooting ourselves in the foot?

This defense is gong to be a seson long open sore. The offense has its issues, but I can see (at least I think I do) where they truly are "on the cusp". I just don't get that feel for the defense. This defense isn't doing what it is designed to do - create havoc. not even clear that haslett knows what to do with the folks he does have. We were blind lucky today that Kolb isn't built to come off the bench and pass his team to success - cuz the opportunities were there al lthe way up to the very last play.

The defense - to my surprise anyway - is the real weakness of this team. The offense is almost there...and without a bona fide receiving crew!

true enough. there are, after all, men who enjoy sleeping with ugly women.

but I digress. we all have our standards....:claps:

It's hard not to be happy right now, our two wins are the most important kind, against a division rival.

Some random thoughts:

We've got a keeper in Anthony Armstrong. I would love to go with a youth movement, and keep this kid on the field all the time. No knock on Galloway, but it's this guys time, and it look like he can be a big contributor.

Stephon has killed us two weeks in a row. Why in hell we insist on playing him at LT, when he's faired better at right ? Thank God Williams should be back next week.

Torain is gonna have a big season barring injury. Portis just isn't dureable any more. So happy to have him right about now.

Haynesworth is useless. Not much more I can say:kick_can:

We're 2 & 0 in our devision, and I will just enjoy it while I can. I don't care what our problems are, nothing is gonna stop me from savoring this all week.:cool4:

Hyer is driving me nuts!....he'll be released during the off-season unless he fixes his focus and situational awareness issues. right now...he's consistently taking points off the board.

About Donovan running out of bounds...

I had no problem with it. Vick went for extra yardage and a possible TD - he is now hurt and could be out a while. Later, Kolb tried to stretch a couple of scrambles and took hard shots. Donovan going out of bounds and sliding another time keeps him healthy for next week (and beyond).

One other thing about going out of bounds. With the kind of luck that we've had over the years, Donovan slides and pulls a hammy.

Just saying. :)

While generally a voice of reason, I question this opinion BB. You cannot play the game to not get hurt. I know it can be argued that a slide is avoiding injury and acceptable (QB's Only), but there is no excuse for running out of bounds in that situation.

Did you see that ball hit the receiver's hands in the end zone at the end of the game? He should have caught it! Kolb threw that ball exactly where it needed to be. It hit him right in the hands. Thanks goodness it bounced into Hall's hands! All of that could have been avoided if McNabb did not run out of bounds and slid after he made the 1st down.

Hyer is driving me nuts!....he'll be released during the off-season unless he fixes his focus and situational awareness issues. right now...he's consistently taking points off the board.

He may well be released after the season. All depends on what's out there. I don't remember him drawing as many flags when playing on the right side, but it's been a common thread with him to some degree all along.

While generally a voice of reason, I question this opinion BB. You cannot play the game to not get hurt. I know it can be argued that a slide is avoiding injury and acceptable (QB's Only), but there is no excuse for running out of bounds in that situation.

Did you see that ball hit the receiver's hands in the end zone at the end of the game? He should have caught it! Kolb threw that ball exactly where it needed to be. It hit him right in the hands. Thanks goodness it bounced into Hall's hands! All of that could have been avoided if McNabb did not run out of bounds and slid after he made the 1st down.

I lost my voice of reason? Dang, if someone finds it, contact me asap. It could be a long week. :D

Seriously though, I find it hard to criticize our franchise QB - even in that situation. If Heyer doesn't false start...

Some thoughts:

Phillip Buchanon makes one long for the days of Ade Jimoh.

Some of the guys at the sports bar were grousing about Keiland Williams being waived in favor of Brandon Banks. This lasted about a minute and a half.

Did Carlos Rodgers play volleyball as a second sport in high school?

Was having a linebacker and the strong safety cover De Sean Jackson deep down the middle really that smart? Why not have Haynesworth cover him. At least that would have comedic value.

There should be a stat for defense lineman and linebackers called Holding Calls Caused. Brian Orakpo would lead the league. He would also lead the league in Holding Calls Caused but not called.

After a booth review and a timeout, Andy Reid still couldn’t get a play in on time and the announcers think this is somehow the refs fault?

A football field is 40 yards wide. Why do they insist on running fly patterns in the last yard of that space?

I believe that Stephon Heyer’s father was called for a false start when Stephon was being conceived.

We seem to run better to the left than we do to the right. That is to Stephon Heyer’s side. Why is that? Do I really want to know?

You just sort of knew that Shanahan would find a set of young legs that would thrive in his system didn’t you?

Note to Redskins defensive players. The objective is to make the ball carrier fall down. You are allowed to fall down yourself only after you accomplish this. If you do not understand this, just watch London Fletcher.

We are 2-0 in the division. Is this even possible?

I lost my voice of reason? Dang, if someone finds it, contact me asap. It could be a long week. :D

Seriously though, I find it hard to criticize our franchise QB - even in that situation. If Heyer doesn't false start...

Yeah, I guess we coulda shoulda woulda... It's a win and I'll take it! Lindsey Murphy interviewed Cooley and he flat out said, "Why can't we just win one where we are kneeling at the end!" Ha!

Yeah, I guess we coulda shoulda woulda... It's a win and I'll take it! Lindsey Murphy interviewed Cooley and he flat out said, "Why can't we just win one where we are kneeling at the end!" Ha!

Heyer. Stone hands. Armstrong staying upright. :)

Here's a stat for everyone. There is only one undefeated team remaining - the Kansas City Chiefs.
smil6.gif

Heyer. Stone hands. Armstrong staying upright. :)

Here's a stat for everyone. There is only one undefeated team remaining - the Kansas City Chiefs.
smil6.gif

BB, this NFL season is looking like it's going to be way different than last season.

The two Superbowl teams from last season now sit at 3-1 and 2-2 with the Saints barely escaping being beaten by Carolina and the Colts falling by 3 to...the Jaguars?!?

Not to mention the Packers ekeing out a 2 pointer against the Lions.

And that "crap team" we lost to last week humbling Seattle to the tune of 20-3. (They're going to turn out to be not as "crappy" as people thought, IMO)

And the Bears and Steelers? Both coming in at 3-0, beating seriously good teams in the process. And both now 3-1-the Bears loss was a bit more surprising, I guess, because the Ravens/Steelers battle was acknowledged to be a defensive war from the start.

There are more surprises to come, I'd say.

And I can't help but think the Skins have a chance to be one of them.

No guarantees, you understand...but a chance.

Man, I sure hope this place doesn't turn into ES - lots of irrational criticism after a *HUGE* division win! How can you not be 100% satisfied after that victory?

YIKES.

We've got a keeper in Anthony Armstrong. I would love to go with a youth movement, and keep this kid on the field all the time. No knock on Galloway, but it's this guys time, and it look like he can be a big contributor.

He's good, but not great. He'll be a good #3 for us for awhile, but he's not elite. A player like DeSean Jackson catches the ball, turns upfield and stays in-bounds to score (yes, its not lost on me that we shut down DJax). Armstrong fell on his own, and we settled for a field goal. 21-3 and the game is essentially over - 17-3 and we're sweating silly things like McNabb going out of bounds.

Haynesworth is useless. Not much more I can say:kick_can:

I thought Haynesworth had his best game of the season so far. He pressured the QB, made some stops, and drew at least one holding penalty. He didn't have any sacks, but that's not how his play should be judged, IMO.

The win doesn't mask the deficiencies. The defense is bad. We benefitted greatly by the Eagles mistakes, and of course injuries. McNabb can't seem to find any consistency. I'm not sure this should be completely unexpected, given the amount of change. And if we can eek out these kind of wins, we might get good enough to make a run. But right now, we are bad in some areas. Coaching adjustments top the list and is the most concerning to me. The win is great, but this was not an enjoyable game to watch overall.

D played pretty well - we held a team that's averaging almost 28 points a game to just 12. Sure we gave up some long drives, but isn't the W what matters the most?

true enough. there are, after all, men who enjoy sleeping with ugly women.

but I digress. we all have our standards....:claps:

Quite the digression, to the point of being 100% irrelevant to what I said.

Phillip Buchanon makes one long for the days of Ade Jimoh.

UGH - I was screaming at this guy all day. He is awful; I'd rather have Westbrook or Barnes out there to at least get some vital-game experience.

There should be a stat for defense lineman and linebackers called Holding Calls Caused. Brian Orakpo would lead the league. He would also lead the league in Holding Calls Caused but not called.

I know the old mantra is "there's holding on every play" in the NFL, but I swear Rak was held every single play! Its like the refs have a predetermined amount of holding calls they can make, and just let the others go. At least they got the most blatant ones.

Orakpo is going to be a force all season.

After a booth review and a timeout, Andy Reid still couldn’t get a play in on time and the announcers think this is somehow the refs fault?

Yeah, I didn't get this one either. Not to mention the Iggles had THEIR guy running the clock, so if anyone would have gotten screwed, it would have been the Redskins. Lucky break for us.

We are 2-0 in the division. Is this even possible?

If you had asked me Saturday, I would've said no.

Man, I sure hope this place doesn't turn into ES - lots of irrational criticism after a *HUGE* division win! How can you not be 100% satisfied after that victory?

YIKES.

He's good, but not great. He'll be a good #3 for us for awhile, but he's not elite. A player like DeSean Jackson catches the ball, turns upfield and stays in-bounds to score (yes, its not lost on me that we shut down DJax). Armstrong fell on his own, and we settled for a field goal. 21-3 and the game is essentially over - 17-3 and we're sweating silly things like McNabb going out of bounds.

I thought Haynesworth had his best game of the season so far. He pressured the QB, made some stops, and drew at least one holding penalty. He didn't have any sacks, but that's not how his play should be judged, IMO.

D played pretty well - we held a team that's averaging almost 28 points a game to just 12. Sure we gave up some long drives, but isn't the W what matters the most?

Jamie, this doesn't sound like 100% satisfaction! LOL!

So when did Hicks leave the game?

We were playing the game with half a starting OL? Boy that sounds familiar. Oddly, we ran the ball pretty well and managed to grind out a win. That's kinda nice.

Heyer is an easy target (and that last false start was a KILLER) but he was road grading pretty well in there. That's good coaching, scheming to a player's strength like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.