• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Should women pay for dates more often ?

I always paid for every date I went on, and always went to decent places. I didn't over or under spend. I figured if they were with me, it was the least I could do :D

Maybe it's a southern country boy thing, but it's how I was raised, and never thought much of it. If a girl was trying to gold-dig me, the joke was on her. It also helps that I've always been a phenomenal cook, and that was the easiest way to impress a girl :)

Hell NO!!

Okay, I guess it depends on the type of date. If it's a very casual date with mutual friends or something, of course I'd offer and expect to pay for my portion.

As an independent female who supports herself and never has expected a man to pay for me with anything (at least in my adulthood, you better believe I took advantage of my parents as a kid, teenager, and sadly, many times in college.. :D), I am starting to reevaluate my stance on so strongly insisting to pay for dinner/dates/etc., especially in the beginning of the relationship.

My stance has evolved from firsthand experience with the changing attitudes of men in my generation (yes, I'm now in full stereotyping mode) who appear to be more willing to take advantage of women's changing status in society. I may be fully capable of paying for myself, but I don't want to give the impression off in the beginning off the relationship that a guy is going to get a free ride with me. I'm progressive in many aspects, but still pretty old fashioned when it comes to relationships, and although it hasn't always been the case in my life, I fully expect my male partner to step up and actually invest a little effort and money into our relationship. I don't think it's too much to ask for gentlemanly behavior in relationships...

Yes, full disclosure, I'm probably a little biased and have become a bit more severe in my approach because I allowed myself to be very much burned in a previous serious relationship and have realized I need to communicate a bit more about what's expected. So yes, because I'm not a complete heinous beavis, I'll always offer to pay for a first date. That being said, if the guy obviously expects me to chip in, acts like a complete cheapskate during the date, (or for the love of all that's HOLY - texts DURING DINNER), my opinion of him will likely sink pretty low and there likely won't be another date...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.