• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Sean Taylor Murder Trial

Guilty of 2nd degree murder and burglary of an occupied dwelling while armed.

stream took a crap for me :\

Yeah, it's out. Judge may have turned it off.

Strange verdict.

Count 1- Guilty of 2nd degree murder, not in possession of a firearm.

Count 2- Guilty of burglary and assault while armed.

Since Sean was killed by a firearm, maybe he was convicted as a participant?

I have no idea - I haven't been following the case because I'm expecting something upsetting to happen...

Did they say when sentencing was?

I'm assuming there will be an appeal...

Speculation is that the jury couldn't agree that Rivera pulled the trigger.

Sentencing expected before Christmas.

I remember going up to ashburn for the candle light vigil up at redskins park.

That was a rough year for me.

I had just wrecked my car, being an idiot. As punishment my parents made me sell off the rest of the season tickets (when you live with your parents and are a **** up you get treated like a little kid.) The cardinals game was the last game I got to go to that year. I was driving around their bmw z3 because my car was in the shop - I had to get to work and school, so I was allowed to do it.

When Taylor died I quietly asked my dad if I could go to the memorial. He said yes without a second thought.

That's a year I just wish I could erase from my memory.

I hope Rivera never sees the sun again.

More importantly, I hope the verdict brings SOME level of peace to Sean's loved ones.

Shooter Eric Rivera was sentenced today, 57.5 years.

Sean's father Pete, when addressing the court before sentencing, turned to Rivera and said "I cleaned up every bit of blood of my son".

Just saw that...not sure if it's enough. Not really sure if it could ever be enough. I cannot imagine what it must have been like for Sean's father to have had to do that.

Hopefully he gets quite a few visits from some UM/Redskins fans in the joint.

I'm disappointed no one's killed the worthless POS yet. Wish it was legal to pay some inmate to do it. I'd contribute.

Shooter Eric Rivera was sentenced today, 57.5 years.

Sean's father Pete, when addressing the court before sentencing, turned to Rivera and said "I cleaned up every bit of blood of my son".

I've never lost someone close to me due to a criminal act before.

Taylor and I weren't close... but it felt like I was close to him because he still is my favorite player. There was an emotional attachment there. I always assumed I would get some positive reaction hearing the sentence for him. Or at least closure.

Nothing.

Weird.

I'm with you on that, tshile.

I am a mature, rational, reasonable, and responsible human being. With that said, if I were ever put in the situation that Sean's father was, I would do everything that I could to administer my own level of justice, consequences be damned.

I finally decided to go look through the news articles. I got half way through the first one and stopped. I just can't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.