• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Screw you Mike Shannahan!

Going by all the newer comments, it seems like the Redskins lost again. I haven't checked the scores yet, but indications are it won't be pretty.

17-16 lost on a botched XP snap and a missed 35 and 24 yard FG. Shouldn't have even been close...same ole same ole. The redskins found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory once again. The Bucs did nothing to win that game.

Just pathetic.

Man I'm so with ya on a certain level (although I'm still dumb enough to say I'll be doing the same thing next year no matter what).

What makes it rough for me personally is all the freakin travel. Our team sucks so bad and has for so long that I literally can remember the few wins I've had the pleasure of soaking up on the drive home. I want some wins dammit, playoffs? Playoffs? How about just a few wins when at home for starters? Homefield adavantage...wtf is that? It would mean no avoiding the NFL network on my XM which I LOVE listening to except for post loss. No getting let out of speeding tickets by cops who feel sorry for me after an epic beat down to a division rival (true story). No wasted gas, time and effort for a team that doesn't seem to be putting half as much effort into playing as I do into being a fan. No thousand miles of wear and tear on my truck only to be miserable the whole drive home. No totaling my truck on the way to Monday night games (with rival fans in my car no less) because deer walk out only to have to limp home after a humiliating chitstomping loss. (Christ I gave up my truck for you turds, the least you could do is show up and make me proud as fan...you know act like you give a crap).

Yep Masochism is a great way to put it. And yep I'll be coming for the beat down New York will put to us in January...masochism indeed. Not exactly the brightest bulb in the box am I?

CT...hang in there! This may sound odd coming from me! We're different people. You love it. I have a long history but I don't love it anymore. I envy you in some ways. keep that connection tucked away in your pocket....eventually...this situation will be rescued. in the interim...party your rear quarter off at the games! start up a BGO get together pre-game.

I just turned 40 a few weeks ago and one of the things asked of me was if I was going to keep wasting so much money on all these road trips to watch a crappy team play. Even with all the crappy play I enjoy the full day way too much to give it up yet. Plus my boys are 4 and 7 and only a few years away from being able to join me occasionally.

yea we should do a "BGOfest"

Hogfest turned into a pain in the ass because of all the "politics" that got involved, but it was a heck of a lot of fun those first several years.

Hey you guys ever talk to Blade? I know he sorta checked out a few years back. How's he doing? I haven't heard from him since Stephan/Punishment died.

17-16 lost on a botched XP snap and a missed 35 and 24 yard FG. Shouldn't have even been close...same ole same ole. The redskins found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory once again. The Bucs did nothing to win that game.

Just pathetic.

So, my early night (Sunday) followed by a day mowing, gardening, weeding, fertilising, re-planting, etc, was well worth the effort then. Better than being up in the wee early hours sitting through another Redskins loss.

That's two in a row I've missed now, and to be honest, I actually feel better for it.

Just pathetic.

Thats the truly the best description right now, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, just when I started to think " hey we have some good things happening here" we literally give them the game.

whats funny is that in my normal life I am a somewhat positive person, and as a Redskins fan I was always the guy who thought " well we are so close, next year will be our year." I envy those of you who can say " I know we suck but im still hopeful" because nothing is worse than being on the verge of giving up completely. so thank you guys for posting.

Im pretty much done reading anything you have to say from now on.

ok! it's not like you haven't gone out of your way to do your own little velvet glove attacks.

grow up.

Last edited by a moderator:
when you're told the same thing by multiple people I think maybe its time to look in the mirror.

and with that..like other people have said..Im done.

I won't make the obvious quip. and group think has never been my spiel.

you and Lanky want happy dust sprinkled in every dialogue....call one another every night and whisper fatuous nothings through the ear piece...I don't care...something...anything...that will lessen the assaults an uncaring Universe bludgeons you with each day.

but in your Navy life...serve well and in a disciplined, honorable way. look out for your subordinates...even the ones you are "done with". that is all. you are dismissed.

Mike, I've noticed one thing abt FS, he HAS to have the last word. Can't help himself.

:)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Just thought I'd mention this. That Packer site I visit is up in arms about Mike McCarthy's playcalling in their strange "Where did the offense go?" 7-3 loss to Detroit-Rodgers' concussion notwithstanding, a bunch are on the "Fire McCarthy" bandwagon.

Think I should offer them a straight swap? One Mike for another?

(Tongue firmly inserted in cheek...more or less)

See! Told ya Mike!

And Serv, don't even joke about that! Not crazy about Shanahan so far, but from everything I have heard about McCarthy from some Packer fans friends, I'll take our Mike any day of e week.

Not to worry, G. Like I mentioned, tongue-in-cheek. I wouldn't trade Shanny for McCarthy with a second round pick in next year's draft thrown in.

Capers for Haslett, however.....that might be a more difficult decision.

In related news. I found this jewel of a quote on the Cold Hard Football Facts forum in a thread entitled , as a matter of fact, "Fire McCarthy."

"I think if most fans were team owners, they'd change coaches more often than they change underwear."

:rotflmao:

I just turned 40 a few weeks ago and one of the things asked of me was if I was going to keep wasting so much money on all these road trips to watch a crappy team play. Even with all the crappy play I enjoy the full day way too much to give it up yet. Plus my boys are 4 and 7 and only a few years away from being able to join me occasionally.

yea we should do a "BGOfest"

Hogfest turned into a pain in the ass because of all the "politics" that got involved, but it was a heck of a lot of fun those first several years.
Hey you guys ever talk to Blade? I know he sorta checked out a few years back. How's he doing? I haven't heard from him since Stephan/Punishment died.

My uncle (tomskinsfan) and I have thrown around the idea of restarting hogfest and getting back to the roots of how it all started... And you're right the originals were a blast.. If you would like I know he's interested in doin it. We actually went to the game vs Houston and broke out the banner for old times sake

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.