• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RG3 doubters: Still don't think he was worth it?

was Robert Griffin worth the trade.

• Yes

Votes: 19 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RG3 Fan

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Baylor
A great QB helps the whole team play better. What you saw in the last game is what I saw develop at Baylor. That senior year at Baylor was not a fluke . Each year he got better and better. The same thing will happen in the pros. He will get better and better. Mark my word.:smile2:

I don't think it was ever the player in question, but that extra #1 pick. When you compare what the Redskins gave up to what the Giants gave up for Manning, it is a richer package of selections overall.

What will make this trade work out best beyond Griffin's performance is what Shanahan and Allen do with those #2 picks we have in 2013 and 2014.

Because of the lack of a #1 pick, we need to hit on those picks and come up with blue chippers like Jenkins.

RG3 Fan, what he did yesterday silenced this critic some. I still think it will take a Super Bowl victory some time over the next 5 seasons to truly say it was worth the trade, but he definitely looks like he can be a QB to take us there. Let's just see how the rest of the team develops with the draft picks we have left.

The challenge before us, gentlemen, is to state our position on the matter today. :)

For the record then ... let me say what I've been saying since March 12.

Hell yes it was worth it. After 20 years of wandering in QB Wasteland? Not even close.

My favorite opinion on this subject came from Burgundy Blog via Twitter:

"I'm ready to call the Rams back and offer them more."

LMAO!

Yeah... I'm not judging a draft pick, much less one that cost what Griffin did, on one game.

I'm not going to judge him on one season.

If he had gone out there and sucked it up, thrown 3 INTS, 0 TD's, for 150 yards like all the other rookie QB's we'd be screaming about how he's a rookie, needs time, and you can't judge him on one game. That logic and rational doesn't go away just because he played well; it still applies.

Jim Zorn started 6-2.

Sorry.

Isn't McD5 the only one who thought he wasn't worth it in the beginning ??

Oh..him and Ryman....then again, Ryman is a given, due to his notorious ability to find fault in so many moves :)

So, since neither of them have chimed in on this poll or thread, it is a scientifically flawed and inaccurate "report" :)

A great QB helps the whole team play better. What you saw in the last game is what I saw develop at Baylor. That senior year at Baylor was not a fluke . Each year he got better and better. The same thing will happen in the pros. He will get better and better. Mark my word.:smile2:

Not only was RG3 "the player" worth the trade.....but whichever BGO member we traded for "RG3 Fan" the poster, was worth that trade as well. :)

RG3 Fan, what he did yesterday silenced this critic some. I still think it will take a Super Bowl victory some time over the next 5 seasons to truly say it was worth the trade, but he definitely looks like he can be a QB to take us there. Let's just see how the rest of the team develops with the draft picks we have left.
After this weekends games, would you still take Luck over Bob, based solely on what you saw this weekend about how they handled the NFL?

I still think Luck will be a great. He has far less to work with than Griff does. He threw for over 300 yards and had a couple of untimely bounces into Chicago defender hands along with his poor choice INT. He didn't play like a rookie, he played like a QB on a bad team with no offensive line who was trying to make a little too much happen. I still don't understand your hate affair with him.

Fear, I was a huge opponent of the trade and I will admit I wanted Luck more than Griff. I also wanted matt Flynn, so what does that tell you? :laugh:

Andrew Luck is going to be a top 5 QB in this league for a long time. Anyone who doubts that just doesn't know football.

Thankfully, RG3 looks like he will as well. It truly was a no-lose situation for us. :)

Andrew Luck is going to be a top 5 QB in this league for a long time. Anyone who doubts that just doesn't know football.

Thankfully, RG3 looks like he will as well. It truly was a no-lose situation for us. :)

Lanky it would have been a loss if we had not traded to get the number two spot. We would have probably gotten Flynn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lanky thats all well and good.

But they play the games for a reason. They don't give out HOF Busts to rookies for a reason. I can go on for pages with the number of reasons why one, or both, may be out of the league in 10 years.

It's going to sound like I'm picking on you Lanky, but i'm not - this sort of talk has been going on for 2 days in the DC area by almost everyone.

I just don't know how many times people have to be seen falling flat on their face when it comes to things like this before they stop and decide that rushing to judgement is a fool's game.

Look, I'm bought in as much as one can be. I bought a Griffin Nike Elite jersey for $320 online from the Redskins Team Store the night we drafted him. I upgrade my seats to lower level sidelines, which more than doubled the cost of my seats, this offseason.

Why can't we just enjoy the games and see what happens week by week this year before having to commit to whether or not Griffin is a bust of a savoir, or whether he is better or worse than Luck...

The Luck comparisons are laughable, by the way. The two teams couldn't be more different.

But t, you heard him. Apparently you don't know football. But apparently Lanky does, and injuries and bad luck don't happen. There are busts all the time. There are also plenty of guys who start out great, than don't do a thing ever again. It has nothing to do with knowing or not knowing football.

I bet on the Giants to beat the undefeated Patriots in the Super Bowl. One of very few who made the bet and truly believed it would happen. And it did. And even then, people told me my bet meant I just didn't know football.

Like T said, they play the games for a reason.

Lanky thats all well and good.

But they play the games for a reason. They don't give out HOF Busts to rookies for a reason. I can go on for pages with the number of reasons why one, or both, may be out of the league in 10 years.

In the NFL playing for 10 year is pretty good, considering the average career is around 3 years. Especially at the QB position. ;)

Easy though - I haven't proclaimed him a hall of famer, I simply said what he did was great. I think you underestimate the magnitude of what he accomplished on Sunday. He went into a building that was louder than HELL (believe me, my ears are still ringing), on the road, against a team that was 9-0 in that building last year with a Hall of Famer at QB. And he proceeded to put up 40 points on them, without turning over the ball once.

Yes, the no turnovers thing could be considered lucky; but then again Romo has been getting lucky bounces for 5 years now.

It's going to sound like I'm picking on you Lanky, but i'm not - this sort of talk has been going on for 2 days in the DC area by almost everyone.

I just don't know how many times people have to be seen falling flat on their face when it comes to things like this before they stop and decide that rushing to judgement is a fool's game.

See, this statement, to me, sounds like you're just waiting for him to fall on his face, like its almost inevitable. Yes, he will struggle; all QBs struggle. But don't underestimate what he did on Sunday because you think he will falter down the line.

Look, I'm bought in as much as one can be. I bought a Griffin Nike Elite jersey for $320 online from the Redskins Team Store the night we drafted him. I upgrade my seats to lower level sidelines, which more than doubled the cost of my seats, this offseason.

Why can't we just enjoy the games and see what happens week by week this year before having to commit to whether or not Griffin is a bust of a savoir, or whether he is better or worse than Luck...

Who isn't enjoying the games? I enjoyed the game on Sunday immensely. :)

The thing about committing to whether or not he's a bust or savior is, we gave up a crap-ton of picks to get him. The Skins are already committed! And that performance on Sunday was something you expect from Rob Griffin the 3 or 4 year veteran, not Rob Griffin the guy playing his first NFL game. On the road. In one of the toughest stadiums to win in!

The Luck comparisons are laughable, by the way. The two teams couldn't be more different.

Again, I'm not comparing Griffin and Luck. Not only are the teams different, they are two very different QBs. I simply said both are going to be very good for a long time. Barring injury, of course. /knocks furiously on wood

I do think there's a segment of Redskins fans who have tried to believe for so long and had their hope unrewarded, that they are literally afraid to believe again.

I totally understand that.

It IS too early to know if this QB can lead this team to greatness. But I believe he can and he will. I don't know that I believe it because of Sunday's game - but what I witnessed certainly didn't undermine my belief :)

Isn't McD5 the only one who thought he wasn't worth it in the beginning ??

:)

With all due, friendly respect, I believe the posts will show that I was the first person on this board who even knew who RG3 was. :). And I campaigned for him.

Ditto for Julio Jones, and Pierre Garcon.

Finally, when McD speaks, the FO has the intelligence to listen.:eclipsee_Victoria:

Last edited:
With all due, friendly respect, I believe the posts will show that I was the first person on this board who even knew who RG3 was. :). And I campaigned for him.

Ditto for Julio Jones, and Pierre Garcon.

Finally, when McD speaks, the FO has the intelligence to listen.:eclipsee_Victoria:
We've been through this in another thread and actually settled it, I just can't remember for the life of me which thread.

......but you only beat me by a matter of minutes, and I was followed by someone else minutes later. But for months, nobody else ever discussed him.

If I wanted to argue about stupid ****.... I would get married.

I'm giddy (but trying not to be).

Just enjoy the almost blinding glimmer of hope without selling yourselves out that he's Burgundy Jesus. If he is, only time will tell and whether you approved or not doesn't really matter.

If I wanted to argue about stupid ****.... I would get married.

I'm giddy (but trying not to be).

Just enjoy the almost blinding glimmer of hope without selling yourselves out that he's Burgundy Jesus. If he is, only time will tell and whether you approved or not doesn't really matter.

Lanky Livingston likes this.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.