• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Rex to Start?

Sarge

Here we go again this week

Grain of salt

Chris Mortensen on @ESPN: "There's a chance" Rex Grossman starts Sunday. Said #Redskins considering resting McNabb because he's not 100%. [@granthpaulsen]

Who cares.

Would rather lose out and get a high draft pick.

Who cares.

Would rather lose out and get a high draft pick.

I am not sure how to take this. A week ago there were many complaining about players giving up and now we want to see our team lose to our most hated rival to gain an advantage in the draft order?

Something is definitely wrong in the universe!

yeah I want to win this game and THEN lose out and get a high pick lol

OK, because if we beat Dallas it guarantees we will not be cellar dwellers in the NFC East, they will! We will be 2 games ahead of them with 2 games left and we will have won both head to head match ups.

Problem is, I don't think Rex or McNabb stand a chance of winning this game. And I can almost guarantee you it will come down to us depending on them to do it because. with Torain starting, the Girls are likely going to stack the box and challenge us to beat them in the air.

I'm with Mike, I always want to see victory, especially against the Pokes.

I am not sure how to take this. A week ago there were many complaining about players giving up and now we want to see our team lose to our most hated rival to gain an advantage in the draft order?

Something is definitely wrong in the universe!
Listen, I just would rather:

1) See what we have on the roster in terms of youth
2) Get a higher draft pick that might allow us to nab Luck or, more likely, trade down

For what it's worth, I didn't comment/complain about players giving up even though that does kind of bother me. I guess I don't see it in the same way you do.

Does anyone really think we can beat the Cowgirls? Really. I'd rather preserve McNabb so he's healthy when we trade him;)

Does anyone really think we can beat the Cowgirls? Really. I'd rather preserve McNabb so he's healthy when we trade him;)
Of course we can beat them. Will we?

We'll have to watch and see.

I am certainly surprised by you guys! Mike is right, this is the Dallas friggin' Cowgirls!

Draft pick notwithstanding, I am surprised by this from you guys! I am not interested in having the 8th pick in the draft as opposed to the 10th pick in the draft if it means we lose to Dallas!!!

It is the Cowgirls!!!:tantrum:

once again, crazy pills. the dallass cowbums games mean nothing?

ask them the year we went and won the super bowl with one of the best teams EVER and the Bums came in to RFK and beat up...think that meant nothing to them?

Sorry, will elaborate.

If we win? Dallas isn't going to the playoffs anyway. It's not like we will be able to say we beat some great team.

If we lose, a better draft pick, and easier schedule next season.

So....a game that means nothing in the big picture? Or a chance to get another Trent Williams for the next 8 years?

I prefer the higher draft choice.

Not necessarily. The schedule is mostly set already, the only games that change are two divisional opponents. But with the parity in today's NFL, there's an enormous chance that those two opponents may be improved.

Sorry, will elaborate.

If we win? Dallas isn't going to the playoffs anyway. It's not like we will be able to say we beat some great team.

So....a game that means nothing in the big picture? Or a chance to get another Trent Williams for the next 8 years?

I prefer the higher draft choice.

Easier schedule next season, we were 4-12 last year and look at the schedule we had this year.

As it stands, we are looking at the #10 pick in the draft. If we lose we could move down 3 spots at the most, provided the Browns and Titans win. There are too many variables involved for a significant change in the draft order. So with a cost/benefit analysis, I would say it doesn't really matter, we could simply supplant the Cowgirls in the draft order if we lose. There is nothing different between 9 and 10!

Losing to Dallas is not worth it!

wow..just plain wow.

Mike and I don't always agree but I'm with him here. You ALWAYS try to beat your biggest rival. Screw draft position when it comes to "Dallas Week". While our chances of beating them are slim, you still have to "bring it".

I HATE THE COWBOYS so I always want them to lose no matter what. Throwing Rex "Eff it, I'm going deep" Grossman in there is just asking for ridicule. Hoping Mort is wrong and McNabb starts. If he stinks it up, fine....bring in Sexy Rexy but not until you've exhausted all chances of winning.

We already beat them once this year. Even in our heyday, that was about average. But this hasn't really been a "rivalry" for 10 years or more because we've sucked that long.

Winning this game means nothing. Losing means better draft position which in turn hopefully helps this team start back on the road to respectability

Easier schedule next season, we were 4-12 last year and look at the schedule we had this year.

Losing to Dallas is not worth it!

I hate Dallas. But what does beating them bring us? Bragging rights? "We suck, but you suck even more?" Do Cleveland Browns fans and Detroit Lions fans argue with each other like this? We have already beaten them once this year.

Mike and I don't always agree but I'm with him here. You ALWAYS try to beat your biggest rival.

I don't believe Dallas has been our biggest rival for the last 5 years. Unfortunately, teams like Tampa and Detroit have taken their spot temporarily.

Months from now, you are going to much happier if we have a higher pick when the draft rolls around.

1 game against Dallas? Or improved chances for a serious stud like T Williams for the next 8 years? Risk 8 years for this weekend's game? No thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.