• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Remember when I said the Oline sucked and people argued with me?

Well, as Ax noted, I don't think anyone here has said over the past two offseasons that our offensive line was set. That we were pleased with staying pat on the line. I don't think ANYONE has suggested we don't need at least a RT.

The best anyone here (except maybe McD5) has said is that we can 'get by' with what we've got for now, because Griffin can cover for a lot of our OL's inadequacies in pass protection and we can run block.

I'm not sure how this past game, in which we scored 27 points, never turned the ball over, ran for almost 200 yards and passed for 280 yards and three TDs, proves that the OL is the problem here ... when the defense proved incapable of ONCE stopping a 1-7 team featuring Christian Ponder and Matt Cassell under center in the second half, and that 1-7 team with the 27th ranked offense puts up 34 points.

Does Griffin get hit too much? Yes. Has anyone argued otherwise? No. Do we all think the line needs to pass protect better? Yes.

So again, not sure who Ryman is trying to put in their place. And I don't know why he's shocked at the blowback in this thread.

I keep seeing that our D never stopped the Vikings offense, and I don't understand why the defense doesn't get credit for either stop...yes, one was a bad pass (but we still picked it off...how many INTs did Carlos drop both on good AND bad passes?) and the other the WR fell down, but my answer to that is, "sh!t happens?" Are we going to start a new stat called "actual defensive stops," and remove all the bad offensive plays from games? Because if that is the case, opposing defenses are doing a LOT worse against us. :)

The obvious solution to a bad defense is time of possession, but I won't start down that road again. I will simply say that when we needed to grind out the clock and run the ball down their throats, our OL came up short. I believe this is where Ryman is coming from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lanky, did you miss the phrase 'in the second half'?

The Vikings had the ball four times in the second half and they scored four times. Each one of those drives was at least five plays long. The first two drives were for TDs. The last drive was ten plays long and took five minutes off the clock, ending with a FG. Basically the Vikings, with backups at both tackle spots, ground the ball down OUR throats and kept our offense off the field. It was pathetic.

The fact that the Redskins had two three-and-outs the entire game, after amassing a 13 point lead against a team with a terrible offense, no offensive line and no QB, should not be proof that our offense was the problem.

Was our offense perfect? No. But lack of perfection does not mean, to me, that it's time to point one's finger and go 'AHA! I told you the line sucks!'

In my opinion that's a reach.

Lanky, did you miss the phrase 'in the second half'?

Yes, yes I did. :)

The Vikings had the ball four times in the second half and they scored four times. Each one of those drives was at least five plays long. The first two drives were for TDs. The last drive was ten plays long and took five minutes off the clock, ending with a FG. Basically the Vikings, with backups at both tackle spots, ground the ball down OUR throats and kept our offense off the field. It was pathetic.

The fact that the Redskins had two three-and-outs the entire game, after amassing a 13 point lead against a team with a terrible offense, no offensive line and no QB, should not be proof that our offense was the problem.

Again, keeping their offense off the field seems (in hindsight) to be a good strategy, but what do I know.

Henry, if one looks at the box score and the stats , one thinks, hey we arent so bad, but the simple fact is that on key downs our oline is exposed. we simply cannot win battles one on one, as it was said in this thread, you get what you pay for, we built an oline out of others peoples trash and we are shocked when it looks like trash? TW is solid, and was a reach pick but he at least looks like a pro lineman. ffs we thought Hurt was gonna be a starter, how often do seventh rounders start on good teams?

as for ax, yes there were some people who sided with me early on, I think about 3. I just find it funny that people get pissy when I say something that is truth. and I also like to rub it in on people who argued with me who were proven wrong, it amuses me. as for going out on a limb, in a forum, it would be taking an unpopular opinion and leaving no room for doubt , which is what I did, and I stand by what I said , ive maintained it the entire time and what really irks me are the people who still argue.

as for ax, yes there were some people who sided with me early on, I think about 3. I just find it funny that people get pissy when I say something that is truth. and I also like to rub it in on people who argued with me who were proven wrong, it amuses me. as for going out on a limb, in a forum, it would be taking an unpopular opinion and leaving no room for doubt , which is what I did, and I stand by what I said , ive maintained it the entire time and what really irks me are the people who still argue.
Brother Ryman. Many of your analysis, concerning our team, are reasoned, well thought out, and highly accurate. As are many other posters here.

I guess, for me, the problems are...

1. The 3 of us who agree with you, and everybody else who doesn't, know very well, your position on a great many things. Your version of Patrick Swayze's "I'm Henry The Eighth I Am" has made certain of that. It's not getting "pissy", it's begging, "PLEASE sing another ****ing song."

2. While there are many here, and you are certainly not the worst, who live to say "I told you so", some of us, or at least myself, find the serial "I Told You So's" in life, to be insecure, boring, self centered, and generally unlikeable people. Reading here that you do it more for personal amusement, gives you an out, in my mind. As I too use parts of this place for my own entertainment. Just keep in mind that you run the risk of creating, deaf ears, for future discussion to fall on. If you want/need to be taken seriously, pissing in people's lunch box does little to attract admirers.

HTTR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.