• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Sign Safety Tanard Jackson

Why on earth would they make a coach (Raheem Morris) who has never coached a 3-4 defense, coach a 3-4 defense? That would be a major head scratcher. I'm sorry, but 1 year learning the 3-4 from a coach (Jim Haslett) who isn't that good of a 3-4 coach does not make a coach I would feel comfortable as our defensive coordinator. If true, I have to seriously question what Shanahan is doing!

If he didn't want Haslett, he could have hired the best 3-4 coach in history last year!

Morris as DC to replace Haslett after one year sounds incredibly Zorn-ish. I would put the chances of that around 5%.

The "insiders" are suggesting that he will be our DC in 2013, because the team is upset with our current DC, mainly for speaking to that fan about our future plans.

No idea if that is true or not.

I don't doubt that 1 or 2 of those guys may work for or be affiliated with the team in some capacity, or otherwise be privy to some information, but there are 'insiders' and then there are 'insiders'. I doubt seriously anyone posting on a messageboard knows what conversations around Haslett's future have occurred. We aren't talking 'Andyman' here. I don't doubt that Haslett pissed off Shanahan over his violation of 'loose lips sink ships', but that hardly seems a hanging offense. And the idea that a cast-off from the Bucs is heir apparent after an off-season with the team - I'm just not buying it.

Well now, see, ya let the cat out of the bag. :)

That's been out for three weeks now. Not exactly breaking news.

Morris as DC to replace Haslett after one year sounds incredibly Zorn-ish. I would put the chances of that around 5%.

Remember, the guy calling the shots also thought John Beck was a starter in this league. It's painful, but true.

I don't doubt that 1 or 2 of those guys may work for or be affiliated with the team in some capacity,conversations around Haslett's future have occurred.

None of them work for the team. And they are about as accurate as JLC was. Recent "mishaps" include believing that we could move up for RG3 for virtually nothing, and stating that Vincent Jackson was ours. Unlike JLC however, they don't get called out due to being members of Skins sites.

Take it with a grain of salt, amigo. Just passing on the rumor.

I wrote this toward the end of February...

"Yes, Haz let the cat out of the bag. Yes, it is being dealt with in house".

http://www.bgobsession.com/showpost.php?p=112516&postcount=40

The team tried to keep it under wraps and it nearly worked. But it died down quickly too. No harm, no foul. Not sure what will happen in the future with Morris, but look for him to stick around for a while.

As for Jackson - same story still goes. He is going to be a good one. We got a steal.

That's been out for three weeks now. Not exactly breaking news.

In all fairness, I did say it was being dealt with in house back in late February. Not a biggie, but just saying.

In all fairness, I did say it was being dealt with in house back in late February. Not a biggie, but just saying.

That wasn't directed at you my friend. That was about some of the people you follow on twitter.

The information they provide is fun....especially in the offseason. It just isn't very reliable--especially if it ever has anything to do with our draft. Like a supposed infatuation with Blaine Gabbert last year.

That only makes sense. Bruce and Shanahan aren't going to tell these people who they are about to draft. They would never have access to such information.

Ah, okie dokie.

I haven't followed any of them since mid February. After a while, one can tolerate only so much. I may check in again later this week and on through the draft for the fun of it.

Back to Jackson - this dude is going to be a stud. I'm calling it now. Our FA pickups have been anywhere from solid and good to great. Putting Jackson into the great category. Don't let me down TJ!

Tanard likes to deliver some big hits. He has a few good ones on YouTube.

Also, he's known for an unorthodox move where he gets completely turned around on deep routes, but has the speed to make it up. Pretty reckless, and hopefully something we can address.

That wasn't directed at you my friend. That was about some of the people you follow on twitter.

The information they provide is fun....especially in the offseason. It just isn't very reliable--especially if it ever has anything to do with our draft. Like a supposed infatuation with Blaine Gabbert last year.

That only makes sense. Bruce and Shanahan aren't going to tell these people who they are about to draft. They would never have access to such information.

They were Oh-fer on free agency day as well.

Jackson and Meriweather sound a lot better to me than a hurt and brooding Landry and an over the hill Atogwe.

Madieu Williams as the third safety looks a lot better than Reed Doughty.

Don't get me wrong. I love Doughty and I want him on this year's team.

I just want him sticking to being an alternate captain on ST.

Seeing Doughty start games at free safety (with his slow speed) is simply painful.

I don't like bringing guys with 'issues' in - I don't care if they can play or not. Say what you will, but if you're fortunate enough to be playing in the NFL, and you don't have the discipline or common sense to recognize you have to set aside whatever 'recreational' habits you have, you're a dumbass of epic proportion - and I don't want you on my team. I think it calls Morris' judgement into question as well.
Boone wins the cookie.

And it tastes like **** too.

And it tastes like **** too.
Yeah, that's the bad part about risks like this.

A little surprising to me, is the report that we have been waiting for "some time" to get the word from the league. Now, it's been a total waste of time. Somebody else coulda been getting his reps.

Eat **** and die Tanard.:ciao:

Yeah - he really pisses me off. Too dumb to live. Enjoy the year's worth of salary you probably have left before starting your new career at the car wash genius.

Blame this on Jackson, and on Raheem.

I know everyone is high on Raheem, because they recognize his name.

Truth be told, he was run out of Tampa for being a pansy who let players run all over him.

Raheem, let's make some better decisions in the future.

Last edited:
Jackson’s suspension begins immediately, according to the NFL, which added that he will be eligible for reinstatement Aug. 31, 2013, when his case comes up for review.

Jackson, a Silver Spring native who already had lost 20 games to two previous suspensions for substance abuse violations, appealed the latest sanction but his request for a lesser penalty was denied, an NFL spokesman said.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.