• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon: The Playoffs-The Seahawks come to town

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
The playoffs are here and the Skins are in the mix, and facing an old playoff nemesis in the Seahawks. And Seahawks fans are pretty confident about...

More...

Seahawks fans remind me of Philly fans. Frontrunning for a team that has never won anything.

Their trip to the Super Bowl in 2005 was treated like Lombardi's drive for five with the Packers.

As with Eagles fans in re 2004 you have to bring them back down to earth with 'but you lost the game' :)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Man, the NFC East has lost a lot of respect over the past few years. Nevermind that an NFC East team has won the superbowl 2 out of the last 5 years (something the Seahawks have yet to do ever, lol).

Outside of SF that entire division hasn't done much.

The Cardinals were the worst team in the East for years.

The Rams were mostly awful with the 1999-2002 parting of the clouds excepted.

Seattle was the perennial also-ran in the AFC West before joining the NFC in realignment.

That one commenter who said the Rams would easily win the NFC East was off his rocker. Yes, the Redskins lost to the Rams this year, but it was week 2. Does anyone really think the Rams DON'T get blown out of their own building if the Redskins played them in week 17, and not week 2?

They gave the Seahawks a 60 minute game and beat the 49ers twice so I think perhaps the other West teams are not as good as the thinking goes?

Frank C
One thing to remember about RGIII...he isn't playing at 100%. His knee still isn't completely healed. That will play a factor in his speed and willingness to take a hit or run down the middle of the field.

I know we have faster LBs and secondary than Dalass.

Washington does not have the front 4 that the Rams have and if they do blitz as much as yesterday, RW will make them pay. Romo is not as fleet of foot as RW.

Washington lost 3 games at home, so their home field advantage is not huge.

The think that will hurt the Hawks the most is the old away game on the east coast stygma. If the could get over that (and they did win their last two games on the road) they should handle the 'Skins.

31-17 final score. RW 2 TDs, Lynch 2 TDs. 4 Sacks and 3 INTs.

So in one game, Griff is going to turn the ball over 60% of his total INTs on the year? :rotflmao:

They are some cocky bitches, aren't they? For a team that very well might not have made the playoffs had the replacement refs not handed them a gift-wrapped vistory, their cockiness is impressive.

Real men play on grass....

yeah that one jumped out at me too... It's so funny that they would make a comment about grass, but you KNOW they're just as quick talkin about "it's a part of the game" when referencing the Inter-touchdown-ception debacle

My advice to Seattle fans Go **** yourselves......that is all

yeah that one jumped out at me too... It's so funny that they would make a comment about grass, but you KNOW they're just as quick talkin about "it's a part of the game" when referencing the Inter-touchdown-ception debacle

I just copied that one too to paste it here. Artificial turf is the work of the devil. It's allowed pretty little track clubs to pretend to be football teams for far too long. Real playoff football is played in the rain and snow and the mud. If that isn't for you you should be watching another sport.

I'm really starting to want to beat these guys.

I'm really starting to want to beat these guys.

Starting? Seriously? After 2005 and 2007 you are "starting" to want to beat these guys? Come one, Henry. ;)

I like how fans from the second weakest division in football for 20+ years running now, who gave up the division to a 7-9 team recently, have the balls to say the NFC East is weak :laughable:

The lack of intelligence is strong with that one.

Oh, and this gem.....
Ultimately, I like our ability to force teams' hands by shutting down one aspect of their game. I think we can force them into trying to run up the middle on us
Ask Dallas how well that worked out for them :D

And another head scratcher....
I like our chances - alot. We are better offensively and defensively than the Redskins, and they only sacked Romo twice. As long as we stay aggressive on both sides of the ball, we should be OK.
Better on offense? You're ranked 17th. We've been ranked top 5 all season.

Last edited:
our offence has been consistent, (goddamn it feels good to write that) while theirs has been inconsistent but recently spectacular. Their defence has been solid all year where ours has been recent solid but putrid before that.

I will say that both teams have had a hot hand but only one can win and I think our team has been through more and this means they will either come out flat (which I hope doesnt happen) or they will come out fired up to prove everyone wrong.

I think our run D is being overlooked and with Griffin possibly back our pass D will tighten up that much more. Seahawks fans are guilty of exactly what they accuse the rest of the country...complete ignorance of a foe on the other side of the country. The Redskins have comparable talent and are on a hot streak longer than Seattle's and filled with much tougher opponents on balance. Granted SF was tough but running up the score on the Cards doesn't impress me, 55 points or not.

It seems to me that these two teams are probably the most evenly matched teams in the entire playoffs.

Their offenses are similar: rookie QBs who can both pass and run well and monster RBs.
The overall quality of their defenses are similar with one having a superior rush D (Skins) and the other having a superior pass D (Hags).
Special teams could very well play an integral role in the outcome of this game.

That being said, I'm curious (but more excited) to see who comes out on top in the matchup...

RG3 and The Butler vs. Hags D or Wilson and Lynch vs. Skins D

The other major factor in this game I believe will be who gets the better start. Before the bye, Skins always seemed to take almost the entire 1st Q before the offense found a rhythm. We did much better weeks 10-16. The wheels kinda fell off again last week. I don't believe we can afford to take more than one series to find that rhythm and score points.

Seattle players keep talking about how Morris won't run on them.

Seems like they are trying to convince themselves.

The other major factor in this game I believe will be who gets the better start. Before the bye, Skins always seemed to take almost the entire 1st Q before the offense found a rhythm. We did much better weeks 10-16. The wheels kinda fell off again last week. I don't believe we can afford to take more than one series to find that rhythm and score points.

That's actually a very good point. Since beating up on Dallas we've been a better second half team than first half team. Against the Giants, Ravens and Browns we were behind at the half. Against the Eagles (in Philly) we were only ahead a field goal and last week at the half we were tied. We may very well start out slow against the Seahawks too. The important thing to do is minimize the damage until we settle down and take charge of the game. Stay within a score at halftime. As long as the thing doesn't get blown wide open early I think we have a puncher's chance (so sayeth Ryman) of taking the game in the second half. That's where we've been winning games these days.

I think part of the slow start is because it seems we have been close enough in those games to stick to a generic (By generic I mean stuff we'd been running all year) game plan too, mostly plays we'd seen before throughout the season.

Then the first drive of the second half, which we have been very successful during most of the stretch, they add something teams have not seen. So for the rest of the 2nd half teams seem to be playing on their heals moreso than in the first.

I think part of the slow start is because it seems we have been close enough in those games to stick to a generic (By generic I mean stuff we'd been running all year) game plan too, mostly plays we'd seen before throughout the season.

It's interesting you say that because I was thinking just the opposite. I recall in the Vikings game, the playcalling, IMHO, was atrocious in the 1st Q. There were lots of what I could call gadget plays involving Banks and such. None of it really worked. This "style" of offense was tried in the 1st Q of other games before the bye as I recall as well.

When we went back to the stuff that works (read option, play action, etc.), we started to find our rhythm. Just my observations...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.