• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon: The Playoffs-The Seahawks come to town

It's interesting you say that because I was thinking just the opposite. I recall in the Vikings game, the playcalling, IMHO, was atrocious in the 1st Q. There were lots of what I could call gadget plays involving Banks and such. None of it really worked. This "style" of offense was tried in the 1st Q of other games before the bye as I recall as well.

When we went back to the stuff that works (read option, play action, etc.), we started to find our rhythm. Just my observations...

I was talking about our stretch run prior to the bye week. And I am not talking about gadgets and trick plays, I was talking about adding a wrinkle to some of the plays that got us here, stuff that was run from the same pistol formation that had a look like something we'd been doing all year, what the opposing team had film of. But we changed it up just a little bit for a big gainer. Where as, during that win streak the first half of games was the stuff the opposing team would have had some film on. It was almost like they were setting them up for the 2nd half.

It's good coaching with finally some talent on the field to change things up and respond to what the defense is doing.

Same thing happened under Gibbs I. The Redskins would go into the locker room down 17-10 at the half and come out in the second half and make adjustments and win 31-17.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.