• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon: The Big Trade Part 1-NFCE Reaction

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
Well the Redskins have gone and done it again, grabbed the NFL's headline machine and given it a mighty spin-one that's reverberating throughout the...

More...

I'm hearing similar opinions on sports radio down here.

Thanks as always Serv. I hate going to other team's boards but I like the intel.

Great entry Serv...and timely - I've been wondering what the buzz was out there, and now I know. I agree with many of the comments - the NFC East is going to be a very competitive division. I know you filtered out a lot of the typical expected hater posts, but still, you don't often see the kind of praise (and concern) echoed in those posts. That makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. They should be worried.

second that Wow... me personally..i feel that it's a can't miss deal ...RGIII will be a beast in the NFL...I have no doubt...the worst thing that could happen is that he could get bit by injuries....other than that get ready redskin fans, for the likes of something we have never seen in the last 20 years(it's gonna be special)...a change is gonna come

This is great work, serv. Probably hard work too. I spent 20 or 30 minutes going through the ban boards of the other NFCE teams yesterday and the amount of stupid posts just blew my mind (and seriously made me appreciate our little home here).

Serv deserves huge kudos for taking this on. It is a very thankless job as there just isn't another board out there like ours.

From deep behind enemy lines ( I live in Dallas) I hear fans in the chicken fried nation are trying to lay out a scenerio whereby Colts take RBIII and we take Luck who turns into ryan leaf part II. unreal.

I saw Griffin play having to put up with the big12 games here, but I can say he put his team on his back and took over the big 12 beating the OU and UT powerhouse. The man is legit and there is no substitute for being the best athlete out on the field. With his blazing speed he can play "keep away" from the kids there will be no way to match up with him as the QB is already unaccounted for in most defenses.

First things first - thanks Serv for the time and effort that you have put into this blog. This was a quick deal to get it to us by this morning. Well done. I always enjoy it when this blog is posted.

Now, I am going to say it - there is no other way to say it. No one here is guilty of it, but it needs to be said...

Fans out there need to get rid of the subliminal racism that is going on with RG3. RG3 is an incredible talent, but enough of comparing him to Newton, Young, Russell, Cunningham, and Vick only. What??? Are you kidding me? Are fans prohibited from comparing him to a white QB?

Who does RG3 compare to the most? It's simple - John Elway, but with more speed. Elway could throw on the run better than any QB in the history of the game - it was his trademark, so to speak. Elway would continue to look downfield until he crossed the line of scrimmage and just when you think he would tuck it and run, ol' number seven would zing a pass twenty yards downfield for a completion. RG3 does the same thing.

I can guarantee you one thing. When Coach Shanahan watched those tapes of RG3 and other QBs last fall and early winter, he had to notice it. I'm sure he was smiling in that unique way as well. Sure, Luck would be a great addition to the Redskins, but Coach Shanahan sees what Redskins fans see and know - a potentially faster version of John Elway.

There is nothing wrong with comparing RG3 to similar QBs and skin color shouldn't be the leading comparison. In fact, it shouldn't be a consideration at all.

True BB, but unfortunately, that may be wishful thinking, as long as we're living in a stereotype world.
As long as people stereotype whites as slow athletes, and blacks as "non-cerebral" type QB's, then will continue to have to listen to those comparisons.

To add to this post I did some recon of my own, on Baylor fans

We have a colony in Texas now boys

Here is a link to their most active message board

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

There is now a Redskins Thread

Popcorn Shrimp said:
Sorry Assassin. There is a new team in town.

Health Camper said:
Count me as a convert. My joy in watching Baylor's first Heisman winner...and the class RGIII brought to the party...far and away trumps any affection I may have had remaining for Jerry Jones.

If THAT guy is a Redskin, then hail to them. Change is life, and I want to cheer every minute of Robert's Hall of Fame career.

Bear with me said:
Never really been a Cowboys fan, but never been Redskins fan either --- but, RG3 going to Washington will now make me one, and it'll be fun to watch my friends who are Baylor/Cowboys fans be caught in a bad situation come NFL game day. Here's to you!

Robert Wilson said:
If RG3 goes to the 'Skins, I will be rooting for him and the 'Skins to win, including against the Cowboys. Grew up a Cowboys fan, but Jerry Jones is plastic-faced human feces, and Romo is a douchebag. I can't hardly root for them anymore anyway. RG3 stands for much of what is right about Baylor, is an adamant Baylor promotor, and I hope he takes it to the world.

WarBu said:
Lifetime boys fan but I'M ALL IN. Hail to the Redskins!!

The Banterer said:
I'm in. I like the Cowboys, but Baylor is my real sports passion and RG3 has done more for me than the Cowboys ever could.

Awesome. Just awesome

Huh ?
Cowboy fans suddenly going 180 degrees to cheer the Skins ?
I don't buy it.

I can see a Baylor fan becoming a Redskin fan, of course, or even a Bear fan or Seahawk fan. But Cowboy fan ? They could not ever have been a "real" Cowboy fan.

And I'm wondering what percentage these "positive" posts represent, against the overwhelming bashing of the move.

First things first - thanks Serv for the time and effort that you have put into this blog. This was a quick deal to get it to us by this morning. Well done. I always enjoy it when this blog is posted.

Now, I am going to say it - there is no other way to say it. No one here is guilty of it, but it needs to be said...

Fans out there need to get rid of the subliminal racism that is going on with RG3. RG3 is an incredible talent, but enough of comparing him to Newton, Young, Russell, Cunningham, and Vick only. What??? Are you kidding me? Are fans prohibited from comparing him to a white QB?

Who does RG3 compare to the most? It's simple - John Elway, but with more speed. Elway could throw on the run better than any QB in the history of the game - it was his trademark, so to speak. Elway would continue to look downfield until he crossed the line of scrimmage and just when you think he would tuck it and run, ol' number seven would zing a pass twenty yards downfield for a completion. RG3 does the same thing.

I can guarantee you one thing. When Coach Shanahan watched those tapes of RG3 and other QBs last fall and early winter, he had to notice it. I'm sure he was smiling in that unique way as well. Sure, Luck would be a great addition to the Redskins, but Coach Shanahan sees what Redskins fans see and know - a potentially faster version of John Elway.

There is nothing wrong with comparing RG3 to similar QBs and skin color shouldn't be the leading comparison. In fact, it shouldn't be a consideration at all.

BB, I hear you, but the only three white QBs of the last 30 years who were overly mobile (by this, I mean attacking defenses past the line of scrimmage -not simply mobile in the pocket ala Rodgers) that I can think of off the top of my head are Elway, Brunell and Steve Young (and yes, I'm sure I have forgotten a couple). I haven't watched him as much as you, but to me, RGIII reminds me more of Young, which would be just great, thank you very much. His throwing accuracy is better than Vick, as is his character and intelligence (this coming from a HUGE Vick fan when he was at Tech). Russell and Vince Young have no place in this conversation at all. Cunningham had accuracy, but late in his career; early on, he was a running back taking snaps, imo. That's not what we are going to see from RGIII.

Nice work Ismail :cheers:

I'd also be curious to hear what Colts and Rams fans are saying, as well as Seahawks, Dolphins, and Browns fans :)

Gotcha-I was going to check the other teams that were in the RGIII hunt and probably the Colts anyway-maybe one or two more.

I appreciate all the kind words and thoughts from everyone. This move has generated an amazing amount of comment-a couple of threads I saw already have 400 or more posts! It's a bit of a slog-through-the-mud at times but like I said and Boone mentioned, I'm skipping over the "haters" and looking for serious commentary. The non-NFCE teams will probably have less of the "Redskins hate" component attached.

I am also interested in the apparent "fear factor" being expressed by our division rivals-kinda nice to have them actually fearing the Skins instead of just making fun of us. :)

BTW, BB, very good point you brought up there, thanks for bringing it out. :thumbsup:

We're not going to discuss race in this forum. If you all want to discuss it, take it to the Political Asylum forum please. Thanks.

This is great work, serv. Probably hard work too. I spent 20 or 30 minutes going through the ban boards of the other NFCE teams yesterday and the amount of stupid posts just blew my mind (and seriously made me appreciate our little home here).

Serv deserves huge kudos for taking this on. It is a very thankless job as there just isn't another board out there like ours.

At first I wondered why you'd be interested in those who had been banned...

You ready to drop the hammer on a couple of us? :iloveyou:

And serv, great job as usual. I kinda expected this to be a Monday morning read. Thanks for the expedited product.

"Grew up a Cowboys fan, but Jerry Jones is plastic-faced human feces, and Romo is a douchebag. I can't hardly root for them anymore anyway."

:rotflmao:

The Gathering of Griffin?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.