• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Place Franchise Tag on Brian Orakpo

Need to Know: Five ripple effects of the Orakpo tag | Rich Tandler's Real Redskins

Number five is the most important: no excuses for Haslett. If the D sucks this year, he's out.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Just because Rak is the "best" player we have on D, that doesn't fix all the other holes we have to fill on that side of the ball. While I have the utmost reapect for Rich T, one man doesn't make a unit. If we can't sign Riley, we're looking at two new people playing ILB. Who's playing the safety spots, being I hear we have no intent to resign Brandon Stormyweather, and Doughty needs to be resigned too. I love Reed, but at 31, he's a role player at best.

Yes, I expect a far better D then we fielded last season, but I'm not expecting a miracle with all the new people we'll likely have.

Best of a bad situation

Orakpo's talent is documented.

This move seems to make the best out of a defined situation. Sure, it hurts a little - but not as much as some of the possible alternatives could. And a known pain is better than a suspicious gamble in this league.. usually, anyway.

As far as a predicted hold-out, his tweet seems to indicate the opposite. And to this point he's given us little to complain about character wise. I think he knows he needs to show up correct now to insure his future, here or elsewhere.

I love the story Irvin (Hey, I'm'ma 'Cane, I can like Irvin... AND Jimmy) tells about when Jimmy showed up in Dallas and how he tore apart the team to build HUSTLE! Wish I could find a link.

Have a good'un, errybody.

By the bye:
Grooveshark helped make my morning. Check out thisJayhawks tune & just click the "Radio On" option in the player bar. Alt-Country goodness!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.