• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Official 2020 Schedule (Merged)

Meanwhile, if anyone is in the market for serious home exercise equipment, give it about 6-9 months after a vaccine or treatment is available. The secondary market is going to be wild.

I justified getting our Nordic Track due to the harsh winters in OH and being stuck indoors for days on end.

Reactions: Om
Good call, Mike. I have an elliptical and free weights/bench in the basement. Makes it harder to justify a "fuck it I don't feel like schlepping to the gym or running in the hood today" excuse during bad weather or random pandemics. I even use them from time to time.

ST....I do like your optimism. It's a breath of fresh/Covid-free air! I parttially agree. But, I look at the unemployment numbers and I believe we haven't even gotten close to the bottom of all of this. We may survive a catastrophe. But, per previous, private/corporte debt leveraging is so huge now (above pre-2008 levels) that a lotta businesses and families are going to be impacted.

ST....I do like your optimism. It's a breath of fresh/Covid-free air! I parttially agree. But, I look at the unemployment numbers and I believe we haven't even gotten close to the bottom of all of this. We may survive a catastrophe. But, per previous, private/corporte debt leveraging is so huge now (above pre-2008 levels) that a lotta businesses and families are going to be impacted.

I'm going to get deep in the weeds a bit here but I feel like it can be relevant regarding the unemployment. I work for a company that is under a very VERY large corporate ownership group. We are a division, or subsidiary, of one of the many much larger companies that this very large corporation owns.

It is an essential business, and we are feeling the effects of an economic downturn greatly. We have had to adjust a lot of different things to help compensate those. The largest and most expensive part of doing is business like ours is payroll. The easiest way for companies to help mitigate cost is to effect payroll. We also are not denying ANY unemployment claims. With the aid from the Federal Government, as well as multiple other factors, paying unemployment, or partial unemployment, is easier now than it has ever been. Now I'm not implying that we WANT people to pursue unemployment as a replacement to working, to cut costs, because at the end of the day, saving my employee's their job is one of my top priorities. What I will say is again, it's easier than ever for people to get unemployment because of what is going on. I say all that to say this. The unemployment numbers are inflated, because that's free money being given out to compensate for a hardship. Unemployment numbers will go down, and go down fast, as states begin opening up, and people can go back, to working full time hours.

I have to imagine that there are a lot of companies out there advising their employees to supplement their income by filing for partial unemployment via the state, allowing hours to be cut. It's a win win, but it inflates unemployment numbers. Businesses are closing, which is heart breaking, and it does paint a picture where big corporations are likely the primary survivors in all this. I hope that's not the case as I believe small businesses deserve their place in this economy. There is a lot of value in it.

Sorry to go long there, but I just want to put out there my thought processes behind my point.

Nice resposne. I agree that there is a percentage of the unemployment numbers that is temporary in nature - and that some folks are not working due to free money (the reverse of what should be happening). I'm also seeing a lotta small businesses failing and some major manufacturing divisions. The core problem is the high debt leveraging.

You're placing your bets on demand. Hope you're right.

Meanwhile, if anyone is in the market for serious home exercise equipment, give it about 6-9 months after a vaccine or treatment is available. The secondary market is going to be wild.

It will be one of this pandemics signature examples of ‘buy high, sell low’.

Reactions: Om
My in-laws, being in Buffalo, would tell me tales of generators returned that were “accidentally run dry” 2-3 weeks after a snowstorm would pass.

Based on what we know about this team, this schedule is brutal. Based on what we don't know, there could be some surprises. Even with all that, I think absolute best case scenario is 8-8. We never get best case scenario though.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the schedule in May? When the first few games of the year are played we'll have a better idea of how brutal it could be.

Until then, we don't know who will be starting at any QB position of any opposing team, what super star RB or WR will get hurt, starting OL, DL who dominate the LOS, what the weather will be on a certain day, how our new players gel/perform...

Too many variables involved. I mean look at the Rams, at the beginning of the year they were picked to repeat as NFC Champs, and no one was picking the Packers to play the Niners for that title.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the schedule in May? When the first few games of the year are played we'll have a better idea of how brutal it could be.

Until then, we don't know who will be starting at any QB position of any opposing team, what super star RB or WR will get hurt, starting OL, DL who dominate the LOS, what the weather will be on a certain day, how our new players gel/perform...

Too many variables involved. I mean look at the Rams, at the beginning of the year they were picked to repeat as NFC Champs, and no one was picking the Packers to play the Niners for that title.

Nope, not for a second. San Fran went from 3-13 to the SB. Carolina went from 11-5 in 2017 to 7-9, then a new HC a few weeks into the season.... so many factors and things can change quickly. I think it's fun to look at it and make predictions, but to expect much validity to them is a bit of a reach. You have an idea, but a lot can change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.