• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Official 2020 Schedule (Merged)

I never liked the schedule sequencing. Rather than playing SF and Seattle the Redskins after 3-13 should be playing other teams picking in the top 10 of draft.

The Eagles won the East, let them play SF and Seattle while we slide in to play Jacksonville and the Chargers.

No reason to make the schedules one size fits all.

We get SF and Baltimore? 3-13 faces 14-2 clubs.

The out of division game should be weighted.

I agree. I was actually looking at this yesterday. If you happen to be going against a division with a lot of tough teams in it the year after winning 1-3 games, you get no relief whatsoever. It's a flawed concept but it probably is easier for the NFL to schedule this way.

Yeah - it’s hard enough for Goddell to read the draft cards, we don’t want him trying to modify the scheduling of games 😆😆😆😎

Is the glass half empty or half full? It depends on how many I've had.

Anyway, I am optimistic that we will have 3-4 wins at the bye. I have faith in our new coaching staff and we will steal a few wins during the season.

HTTR

Is the glass half empty or half full? It depends on how many I've had.

Anyway, I am optimistic that we will have 3-4 wins at the bye. I have faith in our new coaching staff and we will steal a few wins during the season.

HTTR

Which reminds me: the optimist says it's half full, the pessimist says it's half empty, the engineer says the glass was poorly designed.

I have us with seven wins total best case; six wins more likely.

Engineers take what the physicists and mathematicians hand off to them - and make life easier for all of us (most of the time). Software engineers? The jury is still out!

To my dying day, regardless of what we see around us, I will believe that there are immutable laws.

I was way off base guessing when we would play SanFran. Nice to have a bye at the season mid point as well though.

Seems the whole league should get the bye at the same time, except maybe 4 teams to play the week everyone else is off. Then the following week the 4 get their bye

Hell just split down the middle. 16 teams 1 week, 8 in each conference... the other 16 the next.

This year could be a struggle, but it might offer some encouraging signs. A team can go 4-12 or 6-10 and offer some glimpses of hope. That is what I think the Redskins will do in 2020.

The B&G is set to have around $140M in cap space for 2021. As it stands right now, they have about $35.5M in cap space for 2020 and after rookie deals are signed, it will drop to about $24.2M. Let's say they sign another decent FA and the cap drops to about $20M. Heck, let's say they sign two such players and the cap drops to $15M for 2020.

With $15M carrying over to 2021, that would give the Skins about $155M next year. And Alex Smith - we don't know what will happen, but releasing him would create just over $21M in cap room. By the time 2021 rolls around the front office will probably have at least $155M in cap space and as much as $175M. That is incredible.

With eight draft picks in tow (two in the third round) for the 2021 draft, Kyle Smith should be able to add four or five very good players.

Hoping for the best in 2020 is what we will do as fans, but 2021 is when we could see the real transformation begin. And with this newly revamped front office and coaching staff, 2021 and beyond could be something to watch.

Last edited:
My math was off in the previous post. It is corrected. I tend to be slower on Saturdays.

Trying to infer from the release of the schedule is like looking at a new born baby and guessing what profession that child will follow as an adult 😆

There are too many variables. No on knows how the 2020 picks will actually impact the performance of the team. And while I see guys like Daniel Jones almost given a free pass with the assumption they are coming back improved from last year I don’t see that as more than a guess. You could make some pie in the sky predictions for Haskins and Jarrett Stidham too.

Graziano thinks having a new staff and playbook will keep Haskins behind the curve but doesn’t Jones have a new coach and playbook as well?

Then there is the great leveler - injuries.

Right now games against Seattle and Baltimore look like losses but what if Russell Wilson or Lamar Jackson doesn’t play due to injury?

Neither team has backup qbs that scare anyone.

Other teams simply seemed to be pimped by the media as breakouts like Cleveland and Arizona but they haven’t proven anything yet.

Baker Mayfield is not an elite qb from what we have seen so far. I see 10-11 win totals for Cleveland which to me is unlikely given they are in a division with Baltimore and a rejuvenated Steelers team. They look to be third again.

The thing about the salary cap is it will most likely drop next year due to lost revenue. Whatever happens in the fall, there will be less ticket sales and merchandise sales and concessions. How much that impacts the cap, it’s hard to know. But unless the NFL is going to come back with full stadiums, the revenue will be down. For the Redskins, that actually puts them in a better situation because they will still have more cap than the rest of the league.

Agreed.

And the ESPN criticism that the Redskins didn’t do ‘anything’ to help Haskins and the offense in 2020 ignores the fact that after Chase Young the team spent successive picks on Gibson, Charles, Golden and Samuel.

The thing about the salary cap is it will most likely drop next year due to lost revenue. Whatever happens in the fall, there will be less ticket sales and merchandise sales and concessions. How much that impacts the cap, it’s hard to know. But unless the NFL is going to come back with full stadiums, the revenue will be down. For the Redskins, that actually puts them in a better situation because they will still have more cap than the rest of the league.

In the main, I agree. TV money plays a huge role in all of this, so there may be a spiral in play as well. Existing contracts will obviously influence timing. From a pure entertainment pov, the NFL is losing its long-term star quality. Call it what you will, but there are fewer and fewer bright lights in the NFL firmamnent. Subjective assessment on my part, but the total number is dwindling IMO. Heck there are more retired stars in the TV booth each week than the league has on the field. We'll see how this is handled as a large component is simply who the NFL "picks" behind the scenes and who the mass media favor.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's one factor?

The NFL and NBA over expanded and talent is spread so thinly that even teams that win the SB have at most a few stars.

Many NFL games from a quality standpoint are almost unwatchable with the poor level of execution.

The NFL is being held up now by fantasy leagues that follow stars not teams and bettors.

My father is in his 80’s and watching games last year complained that many of these guys wouldn’t have made an NFL team 30 years ago. All they are is bigger but their fundamental football skills in re catching, blocking, throwing, etc are in many cases not there.

The NHL has been able to expand more successfully because of the influx of European players from 6 or 7 other countries.

Imagine the NHL with no Alex Ovechkin, Zdeno Chara, Evgeni Malkin, etc.

You could eliminate 5 teams in the NFL, NBA, etc and not even feel it competitively.

It's possible, but it likely is a momentary blip in the radar. The salary cap is likely going to skyrocket over the next 5 years due to the opening of sports betting and the NFL. 10 years ago you weren't even allowed to post the COLORS of the teams when referring to the betting odds of 'Washington vs Dallas professional football' on betting sites. Now they're looking at opening sports books at stadiums. The NFL and it's owners are smart enough to know the revenue that can be generated by supporting the movement and profiting from it. I've heard estimations, and I agree with them, that the cap could go as high as $400 million by 2025. I don't think this situation we are in actually effects that. Since the cap has already been established for 2020, this year is not going to see it. The NFL is in a perfect situation here.. The VAST majority of their money comes from TV revenue. They have now been the only 'live' sporting event over the course of one of the strangest periods of modern history. The Draft, and schedule release drew some insane numbers. The NFL now has 16 months to recover any lost revenue. Now if things get back to normal sooner, rather than later, you're looking at a potential explosion in attendance. The NFL could go back to what it was before, where it's a social event. Sports books on site at stadiums, people having been locked into their homes, the biggest sport in America potentially launching a full season. 1 game a week so less exposure than basketball, baseball, or hockey. I could see the cap continuing to go up, or staying the same for 1 season.

It's possible, but it likely is a momentary blip in the radar. The salary cap is likely going to skyrocket over the next 5 years due to the opening of sports betting and the NFL. 10 years ago you weren't even allowed to post the COLORS of the teams when referring to the betting odds of 'Washington vs Dallas professional football' on betting sites. Now they're looking at opening sports books at stadiums. The NFL and it's owners are smart enough to know the revenue that can be generated by supporting the movement and profiting from it. I've heard estimations, and I agree with them, that the cap could go as high as $400 million by 2025. I don't think this situation we are in actually effects that. Since the cap has already been established for 2020, this year is not going to see it. The NFL is in a perfect situation here.. The VAST majority of their money comes from TV revenue. They have now been the only 'live' sporting event over the course of one of the strangest periods of modern history. The Draft, and schedule release drew some insane numbers. The NFL now has 16 months to recover any lost revenue. Now if things get back to normal sooner, rather than later, you're looking at a potential explosion in attendance. The NFL could go back to what it was before, where it's a social event. Sports books on site at stadiums, people having been locked into their homes, the biggest sport in America potentially launching a full season. 1 game a week so less exposure than basketball, baseball, or hockey. I could see the cap continuing to go up, or staying the same for 1 season.

Where does the money come from with rising taxes and a cratering economy? What you're arguiing is that the money comes from betting. But who will have that sort of disposable income? The average Joe/Josephine will eventually wake up at some point and ask "why am I so excited by average folks hauling in 10-15/mil a year?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Where does the money come from with rising taxes and a cratering economy? What you're arguiing is that the money comes from betting. But who will have that sort of disposable income? The average Joe/Josephine will eventually wake up at some point and ask "why am I so excited by average folks hauling in 10-15/mil a year?"

people are willing to spend THOUSANDS of dollars on bicycles so they can get out of the house. Peloton stock has DOUBLED over the last 3 months, and the interactive programming is ~$40 a month on top of the $2k+ for the unit. In April, Liquor sales in North Carolina via the ABC store went up 35% vs last April. Money is being spent, and spent in large quantities in area's that allow people to 'escape' from the monotony of sitting at home.

Unemployment claims are at a very high number, but it is now paying out MORE than what a large number of people made in their full time positions. Things will recover, and in my personal opinion, they're going to skyrocket. As we see this settle down, people are going to be DESPERATE to get out and enjoy themselves, and they will be more and more willing to spend money to do it. It may not be the 'right' thing to do. It may not be the prudent thing to do. But if I've learned something, it's that society view money as being expendable. People want to have fun, and after being locked in their house for this long.... an invitation to a giant party with endless alcohol, gambling, social interaction, and entertainment... people will spend the money.

And there are 328 MILLION people in the USA. if .1% of those people wagered $100 per weekend on average (which is a VERY low average considering what some big time gamblers put out on a regular basis), you're talking $32.8 MILLION per weekend. Over a 22 week season (we're going to 17 games soon so 18 weeks, then 3 rounds of the playoffs and the SuperBowl), thats $721.6 MILLION over the course of a season. When you take into betting, fantasy football, inflated betting for playoffs and SuperBowl, I don't think this is hard to imagine. So if this becomes GLOBAL betting and the NFL gets in, promotes it, works with sports books, that number could easily double or triple..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.