• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Make Roster Moves 3/7/16

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
March 7, 2016

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins released the following players:
S Dashon Goldson
QB Robert Griffin III
DE Jason Hatcher
S Jeron Johnson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hatcher screwed us. If he had simply retired we would have saved $8.5M against the cap, but because we cut him we only saved half that.

Like Manning, he kept us waiting until the last friggin' moment to say whether he was going to come back or not.

What a bad signing to begin with. A guy with chronic knee problems who can't practice on a regular basis signed at age 32 to a $27M contract.

One of the last of Bruce's mistakes.

Too bad Bruce didn't have all those draft picks from the RGIII trade to play with. That could have made up for the Hatcher signing.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

A little confused on the Dashon cut and that they want Nacho to stick around. Could his injuries over the past 2 seasons have both been flukes? Gotta trust em.

Solitary,

In my opinion, Goldson was too old and too expensive.

If he's not going to drop his asking price, he can go and try to find another team like we used to be five years ago. The Raiders maybe?

The Washington Redskins are unlikely to miss S Dashon Goldson, PFF's lowest-graded safety in 2015. https://goo.gl/hNVpMB

Last edited:
This is also a huge problem. I agree with you that betting on Nacho staying healthy is very risky.

Who are our two starting safeties right now? D Hall and Nacho?

Huge problem.

I know Scot sounds unlikely to make a big splash in FA......but Chancellor might make sense as the one exception. Especially considering our CB situation.

As nice as it would be to have Chancellor I don't see how we could afford him. Not without cutting Pierre or Djax anyways.

As nice as it would be to have Chancellor I don't see how we could afford him. Not without cutting Pierre or Djax anyways.

His base salary this year is $5.1 million. We'd have to pay him more than that, but it isn't insane.

We either sign someone like that, or we just keep filling the hole with temporary older vets that we hope will work out.

Would he be worth $8 million a year?

Garcon counts $10.2 million against our cap this season.

Isn't the $5.1M the reason he held out 10 games this year? I'd bet he's looking for more like $10M. Plus we need to sign Kirk, plug holes and sign the plethora of draft picks McLuvs gets us.

I'd love to have the guy but as it is right now I don't see where the space would come from. Maybe McLuvs has more trimming and reworking to do yet too.

Edit: I personally would like to see a decent (not expensive) FA at safety and draft the youngling or 2 within the first 4 rounds. Earlier the better

He sat out two games last season hoping to get a raise.

I'd also like to see an inexpensive safety come in and save the day. But honestly, when we say inexpensive, aren't we really saying crappy? Or 1 year player?

Then when either D Hall or Nacho miss a few games, we'll all express that we aren't that impressed with Joe Barry.

We now have to replace 4 defensive linemen. We have the safety issue. Middle linebacker? One, or two good corners depending on Culliver's return?

That's basically two entire drafts right there and some FAs to fill in the gaps.

We can't expect guys like Fewell to come in and work miracles without adding some great players.

McCloughan would not release both Goldson and Jeron Johnson, especially the latter, unless the team already committed to making safety an area of focus in the offseason via free agency and/or draft.

Johnson only saved the team $1M under the cap and had been a contributor on special teams. We could have cut him after the draft if we brought in a quality pick or picks.

I keep coming back around to Duke Ihenacho. I LOVE what I've seen from the man in the precious few opportunities he's been able to stay on the field for us ... I'm hopeful that maybe the Goldson and Johnson releases signify in part that that Scot M. thinks Ihenacho is a realistic part of the puzzle going forward.

I keep coming back around to Duke Ihenacho. I LOVE what I've seen from the man in the precious few opportunities he's been able to stay on the field for us ... I'm hopeful that maybe the Goldson and Johnson releases signify in part that that Scot M. thinks Ihenacho is a realistic part of the puzzle going forward.

I'm nervous about putting any kind of faith in this guy moving forward. As others have said, this tells me we are going to target S in the draft and free agency.

Agreed. Just saying I hope part of the reason Scot's comfortable letting both Goldson and Johnson go is that in he's thinking the Duke is going to be part of the solution.

What can I say ... it's March. I'm an optimist.

I thought Chance sat out 4...said 10 for dramatic purposes.

There's no way we're gonna run a top 5 D this year so gotta start somewhere. Between the draft and fellas already on roster we should be fine. Guys like Ziggy, Powell, Baker and Francois are a good starter kit for the line.

I figure if McLuvs nets us a sold player on each tier of the D we'll be just fine (middle of pack).

I thought Chance sat out 4...said 10 for dramatic purposes.

There's no way we're gonna run a top 5 D this year so gotta start somewhere. Between the draft and fellas already on roster we should be fine. Guys like Ziggy, Powell, Baker and Francois are a good starter kit for the line.

I figure if McLuvs nets us a sold player on each tier of the D we'll be just fine (middle of pack).

That looks like a very long rebuild on the defensive side of the ball. We aren't going to go very far with a 15th ranked defense. We need that to be a top 5. And not three or four years from now.

I'm nervous about putting any kind of faith in this guy moving forward. As others have said, this tells me we are going to target S in the draft and free agency.

Agreed. Just saying I hope part of the reason Scot's comfortable letting both Goldson and Johnson go is that in he's thinking the Duke is going to be part of the solution.

What can I say ... it's March. I'm an optimist.

Actually I forgot all about Jarrett. There's a guy who has promise, if he recovers well in the offseason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.