• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins FA News

center and nose we need those two spots filled PERIOD. sorry i like the kid we drafted but im not comfortable with what we have at nt and rabach shouldnt even be invited to camp.

Anyone in particular in mind? Would you sign a 30 something Franklin? You think Lichty is ready for a move over to C and we could be targeting a G on either side?

I would sign Franklin in a second. He has a few years left and I think he could really help our D-line. I would actually bring in two free agent guards. Release Rabach and have Mongomery and Lichtensteiger battle it out for the Center spot.

... I would actually bring in two free agent guards. Release Rabach and have Mongomery and Lichtensteiger battle it out for the Center spot.

This is kinda what I was thinking but even signing 2 more guards, we could still use Rabach as a backup. Full time C? Not anymore but he would make a good 2nd string C.

That's a good point. He is a great locker room guy.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I would prefer Lick to rabach by far, and there are a lot of guards in free agency I would target, Im not sold on yanda but hes better than what weve got, evan mathis from the bungles could be a steal.

at Nose, im actually quite sad we didnt draft one earlier than the 6th round, our second pick is not gonna be able to play nose, mark it down, not even in a rotation he will have to play end. I think Franklin may be the best of a bad set of options and as long as he doesnt break the bank, I think we sign him and look to draft one in the next 2 years. I dont think we are looking to win this year, mayeb next year.

I would prefer Lick to rabach by far, and there are a lot of guards in free agency I would target, Im not sold on yanda but hes better than what weve got, evan mathis from the bungles could be a steal.

at Nose, im actually quite sad we didnt draft one earlier than the 6th round, our second pick is not gonna be able to play nose, mark it down, not even in a rotation he will have to play end. I think Franklin may be the best of a bad set of options and as long as he doesnt break the bank, I think we sign him and look to draft one in the next 2 years. I dont think we are looking to win this year, mayeb next year.

Ryman, If, as has been rumored, we're going after Santonio Holmes, I can't help but wonder if Franklin might be considered too much of an extra salary hit even with boatloads of cap space money to use up. After all I've been seeing a pretty long shopping list of FAs that the Skins are rumored to be after. If we manage to nab both the Jenkins brothers, that would take care of NT for a while and likely be a less expensive option than Franklin. Along a similar line with your estimate of long term draft strategy I'm wondering if the crop of NTs coming out of college was just thought of as too thin in top-tier NTs and we're just planning for a better crop in the next couple of drafts.

I can't however buy into the idea of Shanny "intentionally" tanking the season as a long-term strategy unless Shanahan has no clue how impatient, or unforgiving, Redskins fans or Snyder would be with such a maneuver.

As you noticed, I also like the Evan Mathis option at guard. His 1-year contract after being RFA was only $1.23 million so he'd indeed be a bargain.

I think that is a good point. Vinny would sign Franklin, Holmes and Nnamdi and then would have to cut several guys on the roster in 2012 for cap room.

To me signing the Jenkins brothers instead of Franklin does make some sense. I don't think the Skins get Holmes but they would have money to go after Edwards (I hope not) and Rice if they want too.

Serv thats a good point, but ask yourself this, would a guy like shanny who is known to be an extreme egotist really be so completely unprepared and ill informed? Ive been asking myself that a lot this year, the guy is not stupid yet makes one of the most massive blunders in recent memory? Then he just continues to compund it by drafting more 4-3 players? I have a very strong feeling that we will switch back to a 4-3 next season or the season after, that Shanny says " it was a failed experiment I admit it" and everyone says " see shanny can admit when he was wrong" and by then the offence is good enough and a vastly improved defence will be good enough that as we win we forget allabout the pain of the past couple seasons. as long as the O improves this year most people will be happy. the question is will Snyder stay the course when it starts affecting his bottom line?

the Jenkins brothers would be solid but Cullen has been in trouble with the law and kris tbh is on his last legs, besides Cullen is an end. Kris could be effective in a rotation though so it would be an upgrade still. just dont break the bank.

I am with you on Mathis all the way, low risk, high reward guy, he was highly rated by several scouting sites i visit.

I have heard a couple of people mention Cullen Jenkins being in trouble in the past but I can't find out what he did to get in trouble. What did he do?

Last edited:
I have heard a couple of people mention Cullen Jenkins being in trouble in the past but I can't find out what he did to get in trouble. What did he do?

I am not aware of any real 'trouble' he's been in.

Maybe you're referring to a recent Twitter post he made :)

Lol... Maybe that's it.

Is it possible that the Skins have three guys name Jenkins working the D-line? I realize that Carriker will be in the rotation too but that would be solid. I think we would be a solid CB (replacing C. Rogers) away from being a pretty good defense.

The Offense... well that is another story.

I also agree that we need better play from the inside out. Center and nose have to be upgraded, but long term, which means the draft. A player like Samson Satele from Oakland would be a good stop-gap option who would stick around for years as good depth. Only 26, he fits a zone block, he has experience with the O-line coach, and he wouldn't be expensive.

Marcus Spears from the Cowboys should be an option for this team. Plays end, and can line up as an occasional nose to rotate with Bryant and Jenkins. Would be a good, young, versatile, and inexpensive defensive lineman.

The player to target next year, in my opinion, is the center from Ohio State, Mike Brewster. Could be available with the 2nd rd pick, and is a no-brainer pick if he is.

Tydreke Powell from UNC would be a nice complement to Jarvis Jenkins, and both would have the ability to play inside and out. Powell should be around in the 3rd, as he doesn't figure to be a stud, plays the nose for the Tarheels, and is a blocker occupier.

The big problems for me with Cullen Jenkins are age and salary. Over 30 and will command a big payday. Plus the fact he is coming from a Super Bowl Champion to a last place team is concerning. Motivation in his final years has to be a question.

I know the team will have to spend money, but let's hope they spend it on young players with upside and hunger.

Nice posts johnnydee :cheers: I echo your sentiments - if we're going to pay high dollar for a free agent, I'd prefer he be on the underside of 30. Youth, youth, youth!

Remember when FA opened last year with a new GM, a new coach, and a new home for Vinny ( :) )? After reading "insider info", hearing from the "experts", and listening to the various media types, we were certainly led to believe that several "awesome" players were going to be signed. So, what happened?

First, the powers that be released several of our own "big names" and some others. Out of nowhere, we make a trade for Donovan McNabb. Some FAs were signed, but nothing that would suggest "big name". In the draft, so many of us thought Okung would be the 1st round pick. Didn't happen. How about the recent draft? Did you expect to see so many players being chosen?

So, what's the point here? There could be some surprises and a an astonishing move or two. Coach Shanahan is like that and we must expect to see the unexpected. Let the madness begin and let the tracking of Redskins One commence very soon. Be there! Aloha! :)

I don't think the Jenkins brothers will demand a big payday if you keep them together. If they can play side by side, I think you can get a discount. Kris Jenkins will be cheaper than Franklin. I really think the Jenkins brothers would be great for our young guys, Jarvis and Neild. They will sign for shorter contracts and the rookies will be able to see how good players work and develop.

I think it is a win win for both the team and the players. Maybe this is wishful thinking, but I wouldn't mind seeing a one or two year contract for those two. With their injury histories, I really do not see any team signing them for much more anyways.

I hope we avoid Franklin. He seems to be a contract year guy and he will demand the most money, especially since he is on the downside of his career.

Well said and I agree completely.

We've got to remember that while we are rebuilding we still need to get good veterans so all these young guys can learn from them. As you said the Jenkins brothers can teach Jarvis and Neild. We need a good veteran for these WRs to learn from too. Who would be a better mentor for all four of our WRs we have drafted in last couple of years Holmes or bringing back Moss? That's what I thought. Save your money Skins just bring Moss back.

Last edited:
I really hope Buchanon is not re-signed. Turrible!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.